Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Fazer 600 (02) ignition set

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

MC900
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 11:49 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Fazer 600 (02) ignition set Reply with quote

Hi, my ignition barrel is a bit fucked as the flap doesnt close. Today i had to struggle as it was frozen and the key wouldnt turn.

Does anyone know where i can get a new ignition barrel, im assuming i need the seat lock and petrol cap stuff too? I have tried ebay but i cant find one for my year. I would prefer brand new but if used is the only way then that will have to do i guess.

Cheers.

davebike
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:25 - 09 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Yamaha dealer but expensive my Wholesaler says £286.25 +vat ! that is guessing on a 5RT1 model look at vin plate fro your model or order using VIN ( frame) no.
I would keep searching for used !
A good spray of wd40 type may sort your existing mine plays up like this if not lubed 2003 FZ6 106K miles !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 14:32 - 09 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put a dab of blue tack over the top or just get a little rubber cover.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

thunderwow
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 01:22 - 13 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the above suggestions don't sort things or you are set on replacing the barrel then search for "FZS600 lockset" on eBay rather than Fazer - there were a few results when I checked just now ranging from £35 to £75. I don't think there is any difference between the 98-01 and 02-03 models for these parts.

You don't have to replace the filler or seat locks of course, provided that you're happy with using a different key for these to the one you use for the ignition.

MC900
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 02:43 - 03 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ìve searched and I've bought the wrong one and still can't seem to find the right one for my bike. Does anyone know where I can get the ignition switch for 2002/2003 fazer? Cheers.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 27 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1