Had my cylinder head ported and polished :D

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:02 - 11 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not alone lol!

I'm taking off my BOV I think and I'm going to try a same housing size ball bearing more modern turbo I think. Im told that at sensible boost pressures any BOV is not essential, and a bit of turbo stall won't break it either. Im just bored with the pssstch silly noise I guess.

I get what your saying about big turbos and the lack of drivability on the road too. I've got my two stroke bikes for silly all at the top end power delivery, so I don't need a car that has a two stroke feel.

I'd like something with a bigger lazy engine with the same power ideally. But I'll always wonder what a bored and stroked high compression 2.2 Rover Nasp engine with say 175bhp would be like. Hell I'd even consider something a bit revvy like a 200bhp 1.8 Honda for having fun with, as though it won't have much torque, it wouldn't have lots of lag followed by a sudden midrange that overcomes the tyres grip.

All the best cars I've owned or driven have had well tuned Nasp engines, and the ones that have an ever stronger power delivery right up to the redline like the Rover VVC engine or the BMW M3 lumps are pretty satisfying to drive.

I remember reading in a magazine about a bloke that had fitted some huge turbo to his Toyota Supra, and said that though it's 700bhp it was easy to drive, as up to 4300rpm it was dull and calm. I'd be expecting a 3.0 6cylinder engine to be pulling my arms out long before that speed personally.

Ash let us know how it goes with the mapping and what ECU your running mate. Im thinking of getting an Emerald ECU fitted on my Rover, but I'm not sure if it's worth the expense or effort for something I hardly use and never go on track with etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

vimtozz
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 20:20 - 12 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job is almost done, Its back together and running. I rode it home and i must say there is a bloody noticeable difference. Feels smoother in the lower end and i can definitely feel a big bump in power in the upper rpms. One thing that motivated me to do this was i was lacking top end, when i first got the bike it would easily do 120 and occasionally 130 depending on condition. But that was 28k miles ago and now it struggled to get past 110, would never pass 120 which i cant even remember the last time i saw. Now it just blitzes (obviously not in comparison to your R1s) upto 130 and topped out at 142. Fucking huge difference!

Ill be eating the dukes and svs ..... on the straights

Small leak which covered my boot in oil, Just the O ring needs replacing on the peep hole to turn the crank shaft. Didn't lose much oil looking at the dip stick so will sort that tomorrow.

I am now very curious to see how it will perform on a dyno so im going to book it tomorrow. When i last had it done it was 70hp. Ive since fitted a power commander and now had it ported. Whatcha reckon ill see? Place your bets!

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:18 - 13 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is your aftermarket pipe a de-cat race system or a road legal pipe?

If the former I'm going to say 83bhp Rw or about the same as a std Hornet 600.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 76 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2