Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Camping in the Black Forest

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 22:30 - 06 Jan 2018    Post subject: Camping in the Black Forest Reply with quote

11 of us are going off to Europe on the bikes as usual in July. We have a choice dependent on the weather. Its either camping in the black forest or if the weather is crap in Germany, down to my place (again) near to Nevers in France.

Now I am a little worried about the availability of camp sites which could accommodate us (we will need about 5 pitches together) without causing problems with other campers, families and young kids trying to sleep at 9pm when 11 of us are sitting around having a laugh and drinking beer.

I have had a look on the net for campsites in the Black Forest and all the ones ive found have marked off pitches and I reckon they would be either fully booked or only have a few scattered pitches available by the time we get there in the middle of summer. We cant book up early because we wont know where we will be going until about 3 days before we leave the mainland for Europe.

Has anybody been to the Black Forest around the B500 road area (yes I know its quite long) who has any info about campsites which would be more suited to our requirements?

Thanks.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:28 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can’t tell you about the campsites over there, but I will say be mindful of the midges and mozzies if you are even remotely south in Germany and anywhere near forrest.
I know it was a good while ago since I was last there, but the mozzies were like fecking Zeppelins Shocked .

mtriderrob
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 18:22 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Blackforrest camping Reply with quote

I've stayed here a few times on the bike.
https://www.camping-bankenhof.de
All bikers who are camping are located in a corner of the site and it also means that you don't have to ride through the site to get to your pitch as there is a road around the campsite which leads to another campsite called Sandbank.
Great site, good facilities and only a short walk along the edge of the lake into Titisee.

Another great place is
https://www.camping-schluchsee.de/sites_eng/index.html
This is quite literally on the B500, an awesome site but I've only ever stayed here with my caravan, I've seen plenty of bikes on site though and the town is nice. Direct access onto the lake so you can sit down there drinking beer and make as much noise as you like without disturbing anyone else, mind you you'd have to go some to beat the locals in a beer drinking contest.
I've never been bothered by mozzies in July/August around here, but got bit to death a few miles down the road on the edge of Lake Konstanz one year

Billy Balthorpe
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 20:19 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good info, thanks a lot guys.

Any more info would be appreciated.

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:57 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Balthorpe wrote:

The town centre ;which has a weird one way system; has motorbike parkin & a secure locker room where you can leave lids & leathers whilst you go look at the fcukin Coo coo clocks made in china ..with all the tat and crap you`ll ever not want or need...
The petrol station on the lake side don`t take credit cards ... as i found out ... so take cash as well ..
The eateries are up to the usual High German standard .. sittin eating looking over the lake is truly magnificent ... they sell ice cream too .. Thumbs Up
thats all i got Laughing

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
mtriderrob wrote:
**** campsite info ******

book marked that Thumbs Up

mtriderrob
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 22:04 - 07 Jan 2018    Post subject: Blackforest camping Reply with quote

[quote="Copycat73"]
Billy Balthorpe wrote:

The petrol station on the lake side don`t take credit cards ... as i found out ... so take cash as well

I discovered that too when I filled the car with 120euros of diesel, the one nearer the campsite is OK with credit cards though

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:22 - 14 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lived in Germany as a kid, and can remember tales of werewolves in the Schwarzwald.... Best to stay on the path. Just saying...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 75 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1