Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:00 - 05 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Jamieking86 wrote:
It wasn't just the £1.25 saving. What's the point in taxing it on the 25th of the month when you could wait another week and get an extra month out of it? Now my tax runs out on January the 1st 2019 instead of December 1st 2018 Razz

So that the tax reminder doesn't get chucked away the the horde of Christmas card envelopes, & netto or bargain booze special offer leaflets that will all be coming through the door at the same time, A-N-D the post office is not shut due to bank-holiday....
Ideally, I like to time the tax reminder to come through the door approximately six to eight weeks before the MOT runs out, then I can re-tax it, on the existing MOT, and be reminded I need book an MOT and not be sat fretting "What do I do if it fails?" With 10 or 11 moths of tax remaining to sort out fixes and get it re-tested, without getting in a tangle of SORNning it.
Also handy to have them come up around April, when the demand on available funds isn't being so stretched by demand to buy turkeys and brussel sprouts and schit!

You know you can pay for tax by DD now don't you? and it doesn't cost a single penny more than if you pay it in 1 go........

This means that you don't get any reminders as the vehicle is taxed until you sell it (or sorn if you so wish)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:35 - 05 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aceslock wrote:

You know you can pay for tax by DD now don't you? and it doesn't cost a single penny more than if you pay it in 1 go........

It's this sort of misinformation that really makes me grumpy. You are wrong. You could have cost the OP dearly here. If he did decide to pay on DD he would have been absolutely stung for 90 pence worth of interest. 90 pence Aceslock - 90; that's like 7p a month or something.
You could have financially crippled him. you could hearted bastard.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Aceslock
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 10:35 - 08 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

arry wrote:
Aceslock wrote:

It's this sort of misinformation that really makes me grumpy. You are wrong. You could have cost the OP dearly here. If he did decide to pay on DD he would have been absolutely stung for 90 pence worth of interest. 90 pence Aceslock - 90; that's like 7p a month or something.
You could have financially crippled him. you could hearted bastard.

My bad........ they have obviously changed the rules since i set my DD up, i will have to cancel now & wait for the reminder Embarassed

I'm not paying that, its scandalous! Wink

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 13:52 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you pay the £17 a year for a 125 in installments? I didn't think they even offered the half-price+10% six month option on that tax band?

Either way, I pay cash, over the counter; I don't even pay online. Then I KNOW it's paid, and I KNOW I wont have hassles with DD's coming out on the wrong day of the month and being stung for penalty charges or having installments auto-renewed by default or anything.... which is especially worth while when it comes to buying the insurance.

May be a little old fashioned, but it works, and I don't get in the tangle others do with their monthlies, and the 'virtual' economy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

arry
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:02 - 16 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Can you pay the £17 a year for a 125 in installments? I didn't think they even offered the half-price+10% six month option on that tax band?

Yes, you can.

Teflon-Mike wrote:
Either way, I pay cash, over the counter; I don't even pay online. Then I KNOW it's paid

Do you? Because you get a receipt? You do know you get one of those instantly using the online service too, right?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 72 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Show & Tell All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2