125cc Baffle in or out?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 03:33 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I think after market is ok if it's a decent pipe not a lashed up bodge, or a cut down shorty can etc.

A free flowing/straight through silencer does not have to be excessively loud to still provide maximum performance.

A thing with aftermarket silencers on small bikes (125's) is bore size. The cans are often superbike sized for looks and have a bigger bore diameter than is needed for performance. This just makes them very loud and farty.

Running a pipe with a removable baffle doesn't sit well with me. On a carbed bike the fueling can't be optimum for both baffle in and baffle out. If your going from a std pipe to a performance pipe, then it should always be rejetted to suit if you want to take all the gains on the table.

oh yeah, the outlet on the downpipe is 37mm and the can is 38mm so i just used firegum to plug the gap. thats why i need to get the 37mm lextek can or a bigger downpipe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:09 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
Personally, i don't like single cylinders of any size but hey, itseither try to make it sound as good as i can or buy a varadero V-twin until i pass my A2

What ones have you ridden? Eh?

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 06:24 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
adengtg wrote:
Personally, i don't like single cylinders of any size but hey, itseither try to make it sound as good as i can or buy a varadero V-twin until i pass my A2

*** The sound i meant to say!

but just for the record ive ridden a CG, honda moped, my own sym moped(now gone) and my adrenaline
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 06:28 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll still sound like a 125, it'll just be a bit louder. Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:41 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
M.C wrote:

*** The sound i meant to say!

but just for the record ive ridden a CG, honda moped, my own sym moped(now gone) and my adrenaline

Ok... what ones have you heard Razz My MT-03 sounded fantastic (with the stock cans Wink), pretty much everyone commented on 'the sound'.

stevo as b4
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:09 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's often down to annoyingly loud singles. It would be just as easy to say than a parallel twin like an R3 or Ninja 250 could sound very annoying or even shit with a very loud exhaust. I'd say sumtimes they sound worse/more irritating.

There's not an engine configuration out there that always sounds awesome without any silencing, other than maybe an IL6?

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 07:33 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevo as b4 wrote:
I think it's often down to annoyingly loud singles. It would be just as easy to say than a parallel twin like an R3 or Ninja 250 could sound very annoying or even shit with a very loud exhaust. I'd say sumtimes they sound worse/more irritating.

There's not an engine configuration out there that always sounds awesome without any silencing, other than maybe an IL6?

...Heard a V4 with factory exhaust? Best sounding motorcycle exhaust ever.

I like my V-Twins and parallel/inline twins too. Not too fond of I4's.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:24 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

V4 yes, but twins? Eh? I can't even recall seeing a parallel twin that made a memorable sound, and Harley fags aside I've actually thought v-twins sound shit. A guy at work had a ktm adventure and it made the worst sound I've ever heard.

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:17 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
V4 yes, but twins? Eh? I can't even recall seeing a parallel twin that made a memorable sound, and Harley fags aside I've actually thought v-twins sound shit. A guy at work had a ktm adventure and it made the worst sound I've ever heard.

Really? im on about the KTM1290 Superduke R which sounds godly to me. As well as the Panigale1299. As for parallel, the Fz-07 with a better end can sounds really nice imo.

Just had a look at a few Triple cylinders and they sound very nice aswell.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/news/society/men-with-extremely-loud-motorbikes-twats-in-other-ways-too-20170810133791

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:23 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
TheMadRatter wrote:
Suffolk Police [...] gave me nearly £400 in fines

No, they didn't.

Here we go.

*Notices

Didn't think anyone but me was pernickety with the difference between an invitation to pay, and a charge Notice. Also didn't think it would matter in here as everyone understands what's meant by 'fines' but hey ho. Either way, I paid £400 and lost the bike, because I had a straight through downpipe and 'cherry bomb' style can.
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

Last edited by TheMadRatter on 11:55 - 18 Jan 2018; edited 1 time in total

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:28 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do it OP. Fack the haterz. You'll sound AWESOME!!! Throw the baffle away completely. Thumbs Up Won't need that again. Folded arms

adengtg
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:39 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Do it OP. Fack the haterz. You'll sound AWESOME!!! Throw the baffle away completely. Thumbs Up Won't need that again. Folded arms

Hmm, instead, ive decided to just run it without the downpipe. GOTTA SAVE THAT WEIGHT BRO.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:12 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I have one of these, except mines got the louder race can Twisted Evil

Triples are awesome.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:19 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
M.C wrote:

Really? im on about the KTM1290 Superduke R which sounds godly to me. As well as the Panigale1299. As for parallel, the Fz-07 with a better end can sounds really nice imo.

As does any bike, still it's about as genuine as a strippers tits. The 1290 is (I think) an evolution of the same engine, and I tend to stare at Panigales and zone out when I see one. Ducati owners seem to like aftermarket pipes though.

adengtg wrote:
Just had a look at a few Triple cylinders and they sound very nice aswell.

Wait are you doing this by YouTube? I'm gonna offend a few people but I think they're slightly less shit sounding than an IL4 Razz

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:14 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you had anything other than a 125 turd id say leave the baffle out. but as you do just leave it in i mean the bike is a hairdryer on wheels you dont really want to be drawing attention to yourself

Bozzy.
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:26 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

I thought my old SV650 sounded great with a stubby can whilst rattling through the gears, although it was a little loud at times. I’ve still got the standard cans on the Street Triple as I like the fact it’s fairly quiet pottering about yet open it up and you get that induction noise! Wub

woo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:42 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the exact same can for my honda msx 125
I used the can for a short while both with baffle in and baffle out.

I came to the conclusion that it sounds shit literally as its sounds like a long drawn out wet fart!
So i put the standard oem can back on and ive been happier ever since

small single cylinder engines sound to me like crap, and id rather it was quiet

cans still in my garage never to be used again lol

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:20 - 18 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^
That can (baffled) is about right for my mighty 250cc racebike, so I was wondering if it was too phat for a 125.

Unbaffled, it is effectively straight-through and gagging for a tug. As our colleague here experienced.
vvv

TheMadRatter wrote:
Didn't think anyone but me was pernickety with the difference between an invitation to pay, and a charge Notice.

Welcome to BCF.

TheMadRatter wrote:
Also didn't think it would matter in here as everyone understands what's meant by 'fines' but hey ho.

What word would you use to describe a penalty applied by a court?

How many quarter turns are there in a circle?

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:07 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
What word would you use to describe a penalty applied by a court?

'Fine' - "A fine or mulct is money that a court of law or other authority decides has to be paid as punishment for a crime or other offence. The amount of a fine can be determined case by case, but it is often announced in advance."

Although the more common one that I use is 'piss take'.
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 11:27 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A fine or mulct is money that a court of law or other authority decides has to be paid as punishment for a crime or other offence. The amount of a fine can be determined case by case, but it is often announced in advance."

Which authorities apart from courts have the authority to issue a fine?

When there's a demand for money from any 'authority' other than a court, they're asking for a bribe in exchange for not taking you to court.

https://open.justice.gov.uk/how-it-works/sentencing-and-rehabilitation/

"Not all crimes go to court for sentencing.

For example, some first-time offences and less serious crimes may be dealt with by the police or a local authority. These are called 'out-of-court disposals'.

In these cases, a - where a fixed amount of money must be paid - may be given. Crimes that could be dealt with outside court include:

parking offences
travelling on public transport without a ticket
behaving badly in public
If an offender gets into more trouble or doesn't pay a fixed penalty notice, they may be dealt with by a court."

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 11:31 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not going into legal/lawful shite on here - can't believe there isn't a thread/board dedicated to it already?

Spent too long looking down the BS FMOTL route before deciding its much easier to just get on with life.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:05 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:
I'm not going into legal/lawful shite on here

...any more.

Be advised that if you make any slips, autie pedantry will be triggered. That's how we roll, shrieking and stamping in sperg rage.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:15 - 19 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm used to Autist screeching. Very much so. If you're a rational person on the internet, it's something you adapt to Razz

If I make a cock-up, I expect to be brought up on it, and if I'm wrong I'll sit corrected.

ringsound
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 11:58 - 20 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: 125cc Baffle in or out? Reply with quote

adengtg wrote:
So, got a new exhaust for my Lexmoto adrenaline 125, it sounds much better with the baffle out but i think it might be a bit too loud for a little 125. What do you guys think of riding around with the baffle out?

i would say depends on how loud it is
sound is a very personal taste, i like V-twin and hate L4, but some people say the opposite, single, twin or anything it doesn't matter how it sound, but how loud it sound
I live in a very quite cau de sac, once i have a XVS650 with mod pipe, i have to turn my bike off and push it to my garage all the way from the junction
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 95 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2