Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

scammers caught my brother.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: scammers caught my brother. Reply with quote

Sold a laptop online, he accepted bank transfer as form of payment, received email from hsbc saying he had funds but did not check his account... you can see where this is going.

He foolishly jumped the gun and sent the laptop before properly checking his account. Then made contact and received a very obvious scammy email about western union etc in poor English.

The package has not been delivered. It's still in the Royal Fail system... we've contacted them and they refuse to do anything about it - no such thing as cancelling a delivery. Phoned the police and they won't do shit...

Any idea what options are available? Feel really bad for him, laptop was worth £600

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 14:06 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the delivery address. Are you mad/angry enough to ride on over there?

Notify their bank too. If they are fraudsters you may be able to at least cause then some hassle by getting their account suspended.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:08 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
You have the delivery address. Are you mad/angry enough to ride on over there?

Notify their bank too. If they are fraudsters you may be able to at least cause then some hassle by getting their account suspended.

He was going to but it's in peckham. Plus he could get there and get stabbed.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:23 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bubbs wrote:

He was going to but it's in peckham. Plus he will get there and get stabbed to death at least three times before having his bike nicked.
FTFY

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:19 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

'kin hell, people still fall for this? Brick Wall

Sorry to hear it.

I'd suggest that he gets tougher. Instruct Royal Mail to cancel the contract for delivery.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/29/made

Start a complaint against them, do it naow.

Complaint against the police as well, mostly for giggles.

Action Fraud to get a crime number:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions

Use that when claiming compo from Royal Fail for refusing to cancel the service.

I doubt that he'll ever see a penny back, but that's the best I can come up with, other than burning down Peckham.

Joncrete Cungle
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:51 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Least he didn't buy an empty box from some pikeys at a service station eh? Laughing

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:09 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joncrete Cungle wrote:
Least he didn't buy an empty box from some pikeys at a service station eh? Laughing

Damn... That's a good memory you have. Ha ha

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
'kin hell, people still fall for this? Brick Wall

Sorry to hear it.

I'd suggest that he gets tougher. Instruct Royal Mail to cancel the contract for delivery.

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2013/3134/regulation/29/made

Start a complaint against them, do it naow.

Complaint against the police as well, mostly for giggles.

Action Fraud to get a crime number:

https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/report-a-fraud-including-online-crime-questions

Use that when claiming compo from Royal Fail for refusing to cancel the service.

I doubt that he'll ever see a penny back, but that's the best I can come up with, other than burning down Peckham.

Just passed this on. Cheers Rog

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 18:51 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
...that's the best I can come up with, other than burning down Peckham.

You're talking as if turning Peckham to glass and ash isn't a desirable option?

dydey90
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:59 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this happened to a girl I vaguely know, I saw a Facebook meltdown with all the fallout.
She sold £2k MacBook on eBay, actually received the money. Then eBay decided it was a fraudulent purchase from a hacked account and demanded she give the money back and take the loss of the laptop. She obviously refused and later that day had the 5-0 turn up at her door and they weren’t interested in her side of the story, just wanted to bully her into paying up to close the case.
Last I heard she was getting legal advice but I never saw the end of the story.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:03 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a payment is made from a hacked account then eBay don't demand that the money is returned, it's just done by PayPal or the bank and you don't get a say in the matter. Wink

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:03 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dydey90 wrote:
Something like this happened to a girl I vaguely know, I saw a Facebook meltdown with all the fallout.
She sold £2k MacBook on eBay, actually received the money. Then eBay decided it was a fraudulent purchase from a hacked account and demanded she give the money back and take the loss of the laptop. She obviously refused and later that day had the 5-0 turn up at her door and they weren’t interested in her side of the story, just wanted to bully her into paying up to close the case.
Last I heard she was getting legal advice but I never saw the end of the story.

Confused I had a bit of an odd one with eBay. They cancelled an auction after it had ended and I had already sent the item Brick Wall eBay said it was from a suspicious account or some BS. I got the money and kept on messaging the guy afterwards as their were issues with the courier, so f**k knows what eBay thought was going on (they didn't suspend his account) Confused

P.S. OP £100 and I'll wait at the address then rob the postie Whistle
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:56 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Bubbs wrote:

Damn... That's a good memory you have. Ha ha

I'm starting to see a theme here... Laughing

The theme I see is that you're a sanctimonious cunt, and I bet I'm not the only one. Bet that's not what you see though is it, you self righteous prick.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:58 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was working in a main dealers in 2013 and the sales manager was a dum fuck, desperate to get another deal done he forgot to hpi the part exchange which was a cardinal sin and part of the sales process.

To try an cover his tracks he decided to sell this cat C bmw on his own ebay account to cover his tracks and was fucked by the old overpayent-send me the change back scam for £500, how we laughed

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:13 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: scammers caught my brother. Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Bubbs wrote:
laptop was worth £600

Second hand? In who's valuation?

Turns out it was a brand new HP elite book my brother won in work. Not quite as bad to lose it but still a kick to the balls
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 61 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1