Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Led indicators resistor or.indicators?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dweller
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:20 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Led indicators resistor or.indicators? Reply with quote

[list=]
So my cbr600f3 came fitted with working led indicators using an online flashing resistors. However after several rides in rain the indicators filled up with water (cheap.ebay jobs) bought some new ones, checked wiring and replaced the front 2 (pain in the ass job on this bike btw). But issue still remains even when disconnecting rest indicators.

Now I'm thinking the resistors have been damagedamaged by water, any other ideas I may have missed?

The symptom is indicators flashing like 100 times each second.[/list]

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:34 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just replace the flasher unit with an adjustable one. Less pissing around with one of them. They're pennies from China if you can wait.

Dweller
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 20:39 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha yeah I can wait, my old bike I just plugged in a new relay. Possible on a 1998 cbr60pf3?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 04 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a hazy and distant memory, the CBR's pins were smaller. I think you would need to crimp for a standard 6.3mm Lucar connection - Otherwise, yeah, pretty sure it's just a 3 pin flasher with weird pins.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 81 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1