Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Suzuki vs Others: Mods Galore

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

KingKong
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 23:05 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Suzuki vs Others: Mods Galore Reply with quote

Hi there

Having a discussion with a good friend who made the observation that you rarely find an older Fireblade (pre-2007) that had been as commonly molested (modified) as you would find with GSXR 1000 (notably K3/K4) and R1/R6s - a hell of a lot seem to have power commanders and all sorts of mods, whereas Kwaks and Honda riders seem to be content with mainly after-market cans.

Now, I haven't checked his observation out thoroughly enough, but was wondering what you experts thought of this and what you might think be the rationale.

Thanks to each and everyone of you Thumbs Up

Past - 2016 Ninja 300 (dark grey); K4 GSXR 600 (sexy yellow); 2002 CBR600FS; 2004 GSXR 1000; 2006 Kwak 636; 2005 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar (facepalm); 2005 Kwak 636; 2011 Yamaha R125.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 23:21 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Suzuki vs Others: Mods Galore Reply with quote

KingKong wrote:
Hi there

Having a discussion with a good friend who made the observation that you rarely find an older Fireblade (pre-2007) that had been as commonly molested (modified) as you would find with GSXR 1000 (notably K3/K4) and R1/R6s - a hell of a lot seem to have power commanders and all sorts of mods, whereas Kwaks and Honda riders seem to be content with mainly after-market cans.

Now, I haven't checked his observation out thoroughly enough, but was wondering what you experts thought of this and what you might think be the rationale.

Thanks to each and everyone of you Thumbs Up

It's because Kawasaki and Honda can make bikes correctly and don't need fixing/modifying to make them ridable. The same can't be said about Suzuki.

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 23:23 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's because they bought a GSXR to make women think they have a large penis then some old fucker with a dayglo vest on honked past them on a luggaged up VFR/Blackbird/ZZR>1100 and made their willy feel small.

To combat this bad feel, they had to throw money at making their bike go faster.

KingKong
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:28 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

Aye, but the same could be said for any sports bike rider. I've read the power commander is essential when having fitted an after market can because of regulating a better balance of the air/fuel mix. Seems like good sense to do this.

I've owned a GSXR 1000 before where the only mod was a yoshi pipe - wouldn't mod it any further as that thing was way too faaast for any road/typical rider.

Perhaps the original post was just a generalisation that doesn't carry much credence. But still interested in more educated opinions.

Thanks.

Past - 2016 Ninja 300 (dark grey); K4 GSXR 600 (sexy yellow); 2002 CBR600FS; 2004 GSXR 1000; 2006 Kwak 636; 2005 Yamaha XVS 1100 Dragstar (facepalm); 2005 Kwak 636; 2011 Yamaha R125.

wr6133
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a guess and a fairly silly generalisation but maybe when the R1 came out and shit on the 'blade only boring fuckers then bought blades. Same rationale when the GSXR 1000 came out and shit on all the others.

Also the blade didn't get FI until the 929, so anything earlier wouldn't have a power commander (the 893's and 919's that flood ebay), you would hope though that if full systems were fitted the owner bothered to rejet the carbs.

KingKong
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 14:32 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Suzuki vs Others: Mods Galore Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
It's because Kawasaki and Honda can make bikes correctly and don't need fixing/modifying to make them ridable. The same can't be said about Suzuki.

I'm not too sure about that - I've owned all three brands of sports bike and all previous owners had fitted aftermarket exhausts to them, which at the very least made them sound lovelier than stock. Suzuki ticks the boxes for me - the 636 is right up there too, but just too uncomfortable to enjoy. Honda ended up with rectifier and CCT problems Laughing

stinkwheel wrote:
It's because they bought a GSXR to make women think they have a large penis...they had to throw money at making their bike go faster.

I find K4 GSXRs (600, 750 and 1000) to be the best for me. I love their design and, for what they are, have insane amounts of power without the performance boosting mods. End cans just make the symphony sound better, imho.

I pity the fool who gets a bike thinking it will attract promiscuity. It' not about how big one's penis is, it's about being able to get it hard and use it right - neither of which have anything relevant to do with bikes Wink

Last edited by KingKong on 15:00 - 07 Feb 2018; edited 2 times in total

nowhere.elysium
The Pork Lord

PostPosted: 14:49 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Suzuki vs Others: Mods Galore Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
Honda can make bikes correctly and don't need fixing

https://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/attachments/africa-twin/28834d1378061098-xrv750-rd07-reg-rec-img_0020.jpg
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 51 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1