Heads-up display for helmets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:04 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glass splinters in my eyes. Arrrgghhh!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Glass splinters in my eyes. Arrrgghhh!

A lot of us wear glasses under our visors, probably more risky than that.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:34 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did think that as I typed ....then I thought y'know what I hate the idea of HUD distracto-vision so fuck-it I'm going to be rebellious.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Hawkeye1250FA
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:11 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bike-hud.com/tablet/index.html

Been around for ages, never really got off the ground. Plagued by design issues - costs couldn't be brought down / too expensive to make it viable etc etc etc.

These always struggle to convince the safety nazis that having something in your peripheral isn't actually going to cause you to crash. So no major player will put their name to it.

I'd have one - it I could pay £60 for the kit and it was easy to retro fit. But not £250+ which is what it ends up costing the consumer.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:03 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:

I bought an inforad speed cam detector for my Fazer about 3 years ago it went in the shit draw before it ever got fitted.

Ha, I have the exact same thing dumped in my shit drawer, untouched. Along with a helmet mounted brake light that I never bothered with either.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:40 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

B0ndy wrote:
Just been trying to think of a use for it, the only thing I've come up with is a satnav display but even then - a quick glance down at the satnav isn't that bothersome.

Text and social media notifications is a definite no no.

Can't come up with a use case.. Thinking

Caller ID.
It's usually only ever my wife that calls me on my helmet bluetooth whilst I'm commuting (mainly used for music) - so one morning I was buzzing along the A13 and I felt an almighty burp brewing inside me at pretty much the exact moment that my phone started to ring, so naturally I answered the phone and then let it rip - I then sat there smiling at my own brilliance whilst waiting for my wife to tell me how disgusting I am, only to hear "......Umm, hello, is that Mr Goto10?" Embarassed Embarassed

Nuviz is a worthy contender in the helmet HUD race - they're ex-Nokia staff who also have funding from KTM - they've now also formed an alliance with Sena in readiness for their second product (due early 2018 apparently) - the current offering is a bit pricey and the volume is too low (so I've read) - so hopefully the new alliance sorts those issues out. I'd gladly ditch my helmet camera and current Sena in place of a single device that does both and has a HUD.

https://uk.ridenuviz.com/

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:32 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

£615.00

Shocked Laughing Shocked

"Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you may return your product within thirty (30) days after your order date of delivery for an exchange or refund. Unused, unaltered and undamaged NUVIZ, returned within thirty (30) days of delivery will receive a full refund and the return shipping fee is covered by us."

eh wait what? Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed, just so long as you haven't tried using NUVIZ?

I like that guarantee more than the one about how "the dedicated camera button on the NUVIZ Controller guarantees that you never miss a moment" but it still sounds a bit dodgy. Laughing

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:28 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
£615.00

Shocked Laughing Shocked

Dunno I'd pay £150 for a decent helmet bluetooth, £150 for a camera and £150 for a HUD, maybe a £50 surcharge for all being in one device - so if it was in the £450~£500 ballpark I'd probably bite (assuming the volume issue was dealt with)

Ste wrote:

"Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed. If for any reason you are not satisfied, you may return your product within thirty (30) days after your order date of delivery for an exchange or refund. Unused, unaltered and undamaged NUVIZ, returned within thirty (30) days of delivery will receive a full refund and the return shipping fee is covered by us."

eh wait what? Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed, just so long as you haven't tried using NUVIZ?

I like that guarantee more than the one about how "the dedicated camera button on the NUVIZ Controller guarantees that you never miss a moment" but it still sounds a bit dodgy. Laughing

Yeah, that's actually a bit lulzy.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:16 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, one post to 'promote' his device and then, even when he doesn't get the usual BCF spam abuse he can't be arsed to come back and reply to any comments.

As Ste says, YFPOS

iooi
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:08 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now link it up to a camera that can read the road/speed signs, so you have no issues on the speed limits & warnings. A lot of cars have this now and it is really helpful.

Your biggest issue is fitting to different helmets. Far better to try and sell to one of the manufactures.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 47 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2