Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Vodafone fibre broadband

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:25 - 08 Feb 2018    Post subject: Vodafone fibre broadband Reply with quote

Vodafone are doing 76mb fibre + weekend/evening calls for less then I'm currently paying, so I'm thing of switching.

Do anyone else here use vodafone, is so how do you rate them?

NeverAgain
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 10:15 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual service is fine. I pay for the next tier down, 36Mb I think and my speeds are fine and consistent. Can't comment on the 'land line' element, I've never owned one as I've got a mobile phone.

The biggest issue is with Customer Service; they're fucking pathetic. Reality is you should have little to no reason to call them but they insist on delivering their shitty router to you. You'll get told you need to plug their router in before they'll give you the details to use your own decent equipment. Eventually after I threatened to leave as DPD are complete fuck ups they gave me the user name and password but insisted it wouldn't work until I used their heap of shit. They also told me my OpenReach router wouldn't be compatible with their service. Again, they're full of shit. I had to lie and tell them I bought some random router before they'd give me the user name and password to log in.

By virtue of the fact I'm writing this; it works; they're wrong and are liars. The fibre service is fine, it works, I use my own DNS servers and my own equipment.

Their customer service is just as bad yet no worse than TalkTalk and BT who I've also been with. I believe unless you're willing to pay significantly more for less for the likes of Zen Internet, then you'll have to put up with hours on the phone once or twice a year.

Any specific questions fire away.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:20 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Par for the course I suppose, I've been with TalkTalk for years and I have had very few problems and the ones that I have had have been dealt with expediently.

Hows the speed, do you get the gauranteed min speed?

bugeye_bob
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:41 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you actually get the 76Mb speeds ?
You may find that you pay for 76Mb and only get say 31Mb, so do a few checks before you go for the higher tariff.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minimum gauranteed speed is 68mb on my line, the average range was between 74-76mb

I wouldn't be staying with them long if they couldn't deliver the minimum gauranteed speed.

NeverAgain
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 15:18 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the arse end of nowhere, with 20Mb ADSL I can get 1Mb so Fibre is a life saver. I can't remember my minimum speed was. Speed is never an issue for us, but never has been even with TalkTalk or BT.

I've just tested the line speed and get 4.42MB/s wireless which isn't bad for a 38Mbps line. My Raspberry pi does speed checks and I use Smokeping on a VPS to monitor my connection and there are no great hiccups or slow downs which can't be explained by usage.

Selection from my logs using a 100Mbit wired connection.
Code:

Sat 16 Dec 19:27:42 GMT 2017
Ping: 36.794 ms
Download: 41.94 Mbits/s
Upload: 7.91 Mbits/s

Tue 19 Dec 16:10:01 GMT 2017
Ping: 50.252 ms
Download: 36.39 Mbits/s
Upload: 7.67 Mbits/s

Fri 19 Jan 00:10:01 GMT 2018
Ping: 50.197 ms
Download: 36.76 Mbits/s
Upload: 8.06 Mbits/s

Wed  7 Feb 04:10:01 GMT 2018
Ping: 51.75 ms
Download: 35.55 Mbits/s
Upload: 8.10 Mbits/s

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 15:27 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haVe VoDaF0ne BroAdbAnd anD it se3ms F1n...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 15:28 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ne tO m3.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 2 years, 73 days between these two posts...
Williboss This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Spam). Unhide this post / all posts.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:54 - 23 Apr 2020    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep I do.
Speed is fine although every once in a while the router will drop the connection.

Have bought my own to replace it but not installed yet.

At work we use Vodafone for our leased line - 100Mb synchronous.

That's been rock solid.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 3 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1