Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

POLITE plonker convicted for impersonation

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:15 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: POLITE plonker convicted for impersonation Reply with quote

Emanuel, who works as a consultant to banks in the fields of regulation and legal compliance.... Rolling Eyes

Emanuel was found to be wearing a 'POLITE Think Bike' vest sewn over a high-vis police jacket, which bore three reflective strips on the sleeves- a feature only seen on officers' uniforms.

Hmmm.

Ex-plodbike, fitted with a non functional blue light (even the appearance of being a special warning lamp is a C&U offence, but apparently not prosecuted).

See if you can spot the problem with this conviction:

Offence: Any person who with intent to deceive impersonates a member of a police force or special constable, or makes any statement or does any act calculated falsely to suggest that he is such a member or constable, shall be guilty of an offence.

Any person who, not being a constable, wears any article of police uniform in circumstances where it gives him an appearance so nearly resembling that of a member of a police force as to be calculated to deceive shall be guilty of an offence.

Any person who, not being a member of a police force or special constable, has in his possession any article of police uniform shall, unless he proves that he obtained possession of that article lawfully and has possession of it for a lawful purpose, be guilty of an offence.

The Beak wrote:
‘In our view the police jacket together with the look of the vehicle combined to produce a look which a member of the public would be deceived into believing that you were a police officer performing his duty.

We accept that this offence had never been your intention to deceive , but that was the effect.
(Other sources say "may not have been your intention", mind).

Coppers: I'm not saying Mr Emanuel is a terrorist but...

POLITE Plonker wrote:
I was wearing exactly what was proscribed by the Highway Code - a white helmet and a high-visibility jacket with jeans and Chelsea boot. This is not the kind of clothing worn by a police officer.

Legally, the magistrates gave him a whopper of a ground to appeal - lack of intent.

Pragmatically: <loooooool.png>

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:44 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: POLITE plonker convicted for impersonation Reply with quote

POLITE Plonker wrote:
I was wearing exactly what was proscribed by the Highway Code - a white helmet and a high-visibility jacket with jeans and Chelsea boot. This is not the kind of clothing worn by a police officer.

I really hope that's what he said, as then they should have thrown not knowing the highway code as him as well, rather than the reporter mishearing "prescribed" Wink

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:56 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think here.

Yes, the 'Polite' thing is a joke and the wearers are wankers.

If he had been stopping cars and actually impersonating a plod I'd say throw the book at him but he wasn't so wouldn't a ticking off had done the job. I mean, it's not like he was throwing acid in anyones face is it.

Perhaps the police ought to encourage look alike cop vehicles as there are fuck all of the real thing around nowadays. It might make people drive better

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:44 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faaaakin LoL!
Pc John Harding wrote:
I'm not saying Mr Emanuel is a terrorist but...

I cannot believe that the courtroom was not teary-eyed and sides splitting as this was said. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:51 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

*performs victory dance

(which has left my colleagues somewhat bemused, tinged with concern as they generally hope that I'll stay in my corner and not try to engage with them)

Fuck you, you fucking fuck!!

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 18:28 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a very odd prosecution to say the least.

Motorcyclist prosecuted for following a Police example of how to stay safe, does this mean you can no longer wear black leathers with a HiViz harness during the day in case you are accused of trying to look like a Police officer?

Its not an offence to be driving a vehicle made to look like a Police vehicle but it is to impersonate an officer i.e. wear a Police uniform but considering each force has its own uniforms, there is no longer a national uniform this varies from force area to force area and as he would cross from the METs area to Thames Valley on his route home what would be fine in one may not be in the other.
This seems to be a dangerous road to be going down.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:55 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
Its a very odd prosecution to say the least.

Well, it turns out that he wasn't a terrorist, but...

I strongly suspect this was a grumpyface stop that needed justified after the fact with a prosecution.

sickpup wrote:
to impersonate an officer i.e. wear a Police uniform

Impersonation, and wearing a police uniform, are listed as separate offences. Either suffices.

Wearing a police spacker jacket and a POLITE vest and on an ex-police bike and re-adding battenburg and something that looks like a special warning lamp and Crown symbols?

With no due respect to the muppet Magistrate who said otherwise, the man on the Sandford[*] omnibus would call that a deliberate and considered course of action that was intended to impersonate a police constable for the purposes of deceiving people into believing that he was one.

Not for malicious purposes, not for long, to break any other laws (more than any other biker or driver), but none of those are required. He intended to impersonate for the lulz, of that I have absolutely no doubt.

[*] The man on the Clapham omnibus these days didn't see nuffin and didn't do nuffin and don't know nothing about no biker Babylon.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 19:10 - 09 Feb 2018; edited 1 time in total

Tigerider
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:01 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So are the two ads that appear after the last post (not the trumpet version!) sponsored by the OP, does he get discounts, or does he run a Police Lookalike Company????>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Rolling Eyes
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/182792794562?clk_rvr_id=1436763074255&lgeo=1&vectorid=229508&chocolateSauce=http%3A%2F%2Frover.ebay.com%2Frover%2F1%2F710-53481-19255-0%2F1%3Ftype%3D4%26campid%3D5336936800%26toolid%3D10001%26customid%3Drewriter%26mpre%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Frover.ebay.com%252Frover%252F1%252F710-53481-19255-0%252F1%253Fff3%253D2%2526toolid%253D10044%2526campid%253D5336936804%2526customid%253Dcontextual%2526lgeo%253D1%2526vectorid%253D229508%2526item%253D182792794562&rmvSB=true&item=182792794562&clk_rvr_id=1436763074255&rmvSB=true

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:10 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^You spamming me bro? Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:21 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polite vest wearing dicks should be made to dress as specials.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:30 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way recman Tut Tut ...that is too harsh.

The PCSOs near me are next to useless. Patrolling parks whilst the estates suffer proper crimes. Then the PCSO post selfies of their smiling visage with empty playgrounds in the background.

Specials ...worse than criminals who at least are doing something. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Moo.
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:55 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

J&S in Finedon has those Polite vests hung up for sale in the hundreds, all over the place! Will take a pic next time..

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:12 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
J&S in Finedon has those Polite vests hung up for sale in the hundreds, all over the place! Will burn them next time..

Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:35 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
PCSOs [...] Specials

Did you just assume their conflation? Shocked

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe.

Sue me you piece of shit.
x

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:51 - 09 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moo. wrote:
J&S in Finedon has those Polite vests hung up for sale in the hundreds, all over the place! Will set fire to the display next time..

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 10 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: POLITE plonker convicted for impersonation Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

#BANKLIFE

I think the embarrasment would make sure I didn't set foot out of the house again, I mean what fucking piece of shit would ride a BMW?

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:14 - 10 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote=Rogerborg]See if you can spot the problem with this conviction:...

...We accept that this offence had never been your intention to deceive , but that was the effect...[/quote]

It says Magistrates' Court.

Up here, the Magistrates are local drapers and publicans. It's not surprising they say inadvised things.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:43 - 10 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: POLITE plonker convicted for impersonation Reply with quote

Triton Thrasher wrote:
Up here, the Magistrates are local drapers and publicans. It's not surprising they say inadvised things.

They have a legally trained clerk on hand ostensibly to stop them doing that. Of course, if they were any good at it, they'd be on the other side of the bench billing by the minute.

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
I mean what fucking piece of shit would ride a BMW?

A careful one.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 12:47 - 10 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, the magistrate was wrong to say it was unintentional.

It was clearly intentional.

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 12:53 - 10 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: POLITE plonker convicted for impersonation Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

They have a legally trained clerk on hand ostensibly to stop them doing that.

Sometimes a stuffed shirt sitting in judgement just has to say something stupid!

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:32 - 10 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen loads of folk impersonating police officers.

The cruel fact is that they were actually police. Shocked

bamt
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:48 - 10 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen an off-duty bike copper wearing a Polite hi-viz, which was fairly bizarre.

But the best "impersonating a police officer" prosecution has to be the Space Hijackers at G2O.

The did get off (one quote at the time from one of the girls was that if anything she should be prosecuted for impersonating a stripper), and eventually compensation and damages including for damage to their armoured vehicle, which apparently the police managed to crash into a couple of their recovery vehicles, writing them off, whilst trying to get it into the pound Very Happy

secretagentmo...
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 10:50 - 11 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Polite vest wearing dicks should be made to dress as specials.

And ride round on Vespas or Lambrettas?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ2oXzrnti4

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:32 - 12 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you were to consider he might be cocky, with the typical banker's "master of the universe" mentality, he's still just a saddo who has to dress himself and his bike up, to make himself feel important.

Lame Rolling Eyes
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 46 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1