Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:12 - 22 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

nobcat.jpg

Annabella
Like a person, only smaller

PostPosted: 14:26 - 22 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:

Is it usual for NHS complaints to be handled in an off the record fashion where almost nothing is documented, notes aren't shared, inaccuracies in what has been documented aren't corrected, etc etc etc?

No, there is a strict complaints policy and processes which have to be followed. The final stage is an escalation to the Healthcare Ombudsman which you should be able to handle yourself without engaging a solicitor:
https://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint

You are also completely entitled to make a complaint, and it should NOT impact your care (unless you get deemed a vexatious complainant). If you are concerned that it would, then I'd recommend asking to change hospital provider, as is your legal right.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:37 - 22 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, they've sent me many copies of the leaflet which says what should happen.

There's also the Local Authority Social Services and National Health Service Complaints (England) Regulations 2009 detail everything. And on top of that there's various Department of Health guidelines documents.

NHS are blaming social services. Social services are refusing to say anything. The police are full of crap and repeat the crap social services told them. Multi agency investigations have a lot of room for improvement!

The possibility of care being impacted as a result of making a complaint is a general concern rather than anything specific. There are no problems whatsoever with the staff involved with my care now , they're helpful and totally recommended (as are the other people who've been involved over the last couple of years). I wouldn't want to change hospital provider because my consultant is awesome. Wink

monkeybiker
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:08 - 22 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
You're thinking of someone else.

Yes I was responding to original poster.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:11 - 23 Oct 2015    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkeybiker wrote:
What happened with claim with the car that crashed into you? They were the one to blame they say they were flashed out which is no defense so why is they not paying?

Why even bother with all this talk of suing NHS until car insurance claim is done?

claim is still going with a different solicitor
mainly because I was filtering and they are classing it as making my own lane
also one witness says I was riding dangerously as I had come up behind them before the incident really fast
(it was a nsl road and they were going about 30mph)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:28 - 18 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well well well... just had an hour and a half meeting with the Head of Patient Safety Systems and the Clinical Director of the NHS trust.

"we absolutely have messed up the handling of your concerns. it's a no brainer for me, we absolutely got it wrong"

"we absolutely got it wrong Stephen and I'm really sorry"

I need to buy a silver plate to put the area managers head on. Mr. Green

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 19:58 - 18 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were you recording zed admission?

https://media.giphy.com/media/GFEcl0aRreYJa/giphy.gif

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:19 - 18 Mar 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can provide word for word quotes for any part of the meeting. Wink

The area manager who has been handling it so far has fucked up big time.

For example, a letter regarding a phone conversation on 19th December '14 from him says "I feel more formal investigation is indicated and I will instigate on your behalf out formal complaints procedure."

Then a letter from someone else dated 1st July '15 that says "I would suggest you contact PALS directly to formalise a complaint. Please find enclosed a copy of our complaints leaflet for your information".

Next step is the CEO is writing to me again and I'm then going to arrange a meeting with her.

Possibly the best part about their complete change of approach compared to every other meeting there's been about it since August 2014 is that the last appointment I had, which was with their independent investigator, went down the path of fite me. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 332 days between these two posts...

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 12:38 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally.

Finally finally finally it's starting to be dealt with properly.

Various solicitors have not been interested in the case due to the complexity.

The NHS Trusts "Head of Health & Safety and Operational Risk Management Incorporating Resilience, Claims, Security and Fire Safety" has been fucking me around for more than a year. This includes him trying to ignore emails and then coming up with some crap about how they weren't in his inbox.

Various allegations are being investigated by their head of "head of compliance" as I believe the trust and one member of staff has committed criminal offences to do with false or misleading information.

In the post this morning I've discovered that not only have NHS Resolution accepted my claim but they've appointed solicitors to act on their behalf.

I believe that the NHS Trusts position is indefensible. There is no defence for how much they've fucked up and how much they've messed me around.

I'm really quite pleased with myself at this point. Ha @ solicitors who thought it would be too complicated!

Mr. Green
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:33 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a long story.

I'm not expecting hear from their solicitors again for a few weeks and until that point I don't know how things will play out. Once I know how they're choosing to handle it I'll be able to say more. Smile

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:52 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trial by combat! Trial by combat!

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:58 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

GG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:57 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It's a long story.

It's all very confusing, is what it is.

In your very first mention of a complaint, you wrote:
Only a week late and I've had the reply from the NHS trusts area manager. They've been speaking with their solicitors and my 'complaint' is being referred back to social services and the police....

I surmise that mpd72 is correct, and you are in fact an Andyscooter sock. Or possibly vice versa.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 19:45 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

That turned out to be a load of crap along with pretty much everything else they told me during the complaints process.

They said all the right things at meetings and so on but nothing ever actually happened. They're so full of crap it's unreal, they're good at saying the right things but all along they've just been fucking me around presumably in the hope that if they keep doing that then eventually I'll leave them alone.

Oh, in that post you quote I mentioned an area manager, it turns out that his actions and inactions formed part of what my complaint was about yet he was in charge of investigating my complaint. That's such a clear conflict of interests that I don't think there position is in any way defendable. When he said in a letter that he "will instigate on your behalf our formal complaints procedure" he didn't actually do that until 6 months later.

Their "Head of Health & Safety and Operational Risk Management Incorporating Resilience, Claims, Security and Fire Safety" took until the 31st of January to send my letter of claim (which was via email) which I first sent to him on the 25th of September last year.

At every step the trust has been as obstructive and awkward as possible. Thumbs Down

Now I just wait to see what their solicitors come back with once they've investigated it. I'm expecting them to have been fed a pack of lies by the NHS trust and that they'll be missing various important pieces of paperwork. Laughing

It is all very confusing; its to do with events from 2010 to 2013 inclusive involving them neglecting their duty of care and further to that their handling of my complaint about those events has been completely wrong.

To say it's complicated and confusing is an understatement. Even the idea that an NHS trust would have someone investigate a complaint about themselves is almost unbelievable.

Now that NHS Resolution are involved, it's no longer being dealt with by the NHS trust in any way at all. They're specifically not allowed to discuss it with me. Dance!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:16 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
It is all very confusing; its to do with events from 2010 to 2013 inclusive involving them neglecting their duty of care

It certainly sounds like they left a fair amount of sand in there.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:23 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fucking piece of Adam Aarons.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:31 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah something like that.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 44 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4