Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Welsh Road Race, August 2018

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:20 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Welsh Road Race, August 2018 Reply with quote

Scuse me if this is old news but it's the first I've heard of it:
https://www.welshroadrace.com/
I spoke to the organisers today on their stand at Motorcycle Live at the NEC and they say it's definitely happening Thumbs Up

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:22 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://youtu.be/s-zgQPFYNK4

Bring it on. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Loui5D
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:57 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same weekend as the bbq isn't it?

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this, it's quite close to us. Howeverrrrrrr, it is the same weekend as the BBQ as Louis says. And the BBQ is booked.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:49 - 20 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

May do both.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks lifeless as is, I'd say more practice circuit than anything to get excited about.

Hopefully event planners spruce the place up to make it more exciting.

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 02:30 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
May do both.

You're just being silly.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:16 - 21 Nov 2017    Post subject: Re: Welsh Road Race, August 2018 Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Scuse me if this is old news but it's the first I've heard of it:
https://www.welshroadrace.com/
I spoke to the organisers today on their stand at Motorcycle Live at the NEC and they say it's definitely happening Thumbs Up

To be fair after the wazzock started revving the tits off that Priller V4 bike they had on the stand he could have been saying anything to me. All I got was EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . . . .. ...

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 14 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Welsh Road Race, August 2018 Reply with quote

UnknownStuntman wrote:
bike they had on the stand he could have been saying anything to me. All I got was EEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee . . . . .. ...

What he was actually saying was. We took money and allowed fans to book B&Bs, Holiday cottages and Campsites, book time off work etc with knowledge that the organisers hadn't got the required permissions.

The organisers 'jumped the gun'.
They knew that the ACU wouldn't have enough time to sanction the event.

So, it has been 'postponed' until 2019 i.e they're making cash on your cash....then they add that next year the prices will be increased. Rolling Eyes

One last thing that was raised by a TT racer who was thinking of running at the Welsh road race.

It was planned that up to 40 bikes would set off 2 at a time with 10 second intervals........Long and short of it was there wouldn't have been enough time for the last bikes to clear the start/finish line before the leading bikes arrived.

I want a(nother) road race on the mainland to happen but the people organising it are not filling me with trust.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:34 - 15 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Welsh Road Race, August 2018 Reply with quote

fuxache. Crying or Very sad
Howling Terror wrote:
I want a(nother) road race on the mainland to happen but the people organising it are not filling me with trust.

I'd guess we need (infinity-1) monkeys to continue with (infinity-1) typewriters. Staggers me how the Welsh are managing to cock this up. Almost like they're being paid to.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1