Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

nutter good weather rider looking for aggro?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dr. DaveJPS
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:59 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:

Vid - note the aggression and then nod/thumbs up - in ~8 years of doing this exact same route I've not seen that one before:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rhtau8xt1lc

I'd hazard that was either

a) look at this bloody traffic!

b) why did you slam on the brakes while passing that lorry/beetle!

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:26 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. DaveJPS wrote:
goto10 wrote:

Vid - note the aggression and then nod/thumbs up - in ~8 years of doing this exact same route I've not seen that one before:

I'd hazard that was either

a) look at this bloody traffic!

b) why did you slam on the brakes while passing that lorry/beetle!

He wasn't particularly close to me when I slowed for the Beetle/lorry* - it was after that I noticed he'd appeared in my mirrors (you can tell that he wasn't really _that_ close even then, it took him a while to catch and pass)
I don't think it was option A either. I still think it was:

C) Why are you letting me past, I was quite happy behind you.

But all of the above options kinda proves the pointlessness of ragey hand gestures, no one really knows WTAF you're on about - just make progress, thank someone for letting you through and get on with your fucking life.

(*Admittedly I'm a touch hesitant when I go past some lorries, but this may have something to do with seeing a scooterist's head under the wheels of one last year)

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:15 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: nutter good weather rider looking for aggro? Reply with quote

dn38416 wrote:
Guy in the way this morning, i pass him - giving a reasonable berth. Then about half a mile down the road he comes up beeping and launches a tirade of abuse for a what was a non-event.

Hey same-route buddy! The no left turn just as the video cuts out (Exhibition road) is where I got twonked off a couple of years ago.

The guy looked a bit green on a bike so may have been a bit spooked by you passing. As others have said you did nothing dangerous and he should pay more attention to his mirrors and move out of the way if he is going to dawdle about. If that upset him I don't expect him to last long riding in London traffic.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:55 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
If only I could of understood him Sad

In what language is that correct grammar?

Retardolese I think.

Pete.
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:02 - 16 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: nutter good weather rider looking for aggro? Reply with quote

dn38416 wrote:
Guy in the way this morning, i pass him - giving a reasonable berth. Then about half a mile down the road he comes up beeping and launches a tirade of abuse for a what was a non-event.

Here's the link to the maneuvre that caused the aggro: https://youtu.be/-BZyp21DK08

It got me worked up, normally i find other riders pretty considerate, and definitely more so than the cyclists. Admittedly the guy did sound a bit unhinged, so maybe a genuine mental case.

Or have i done something dangerous and i should evaluate my riding and am a cunt?

I didn't see any sort of event there. The guy in front rides in a daydream and must be a bit special if he thinks you did anything out of the ordinary for London. I would have laughed at him until he was at boiling point then gone on my merry way.

132.9mph off and walked away. Gear is good, gear is good, gear is very very good Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

bikenut
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: damp Reply with quote

Road is damp, undertaking and didn't see any indicators come on, also a bit close in a closing situation.

He must have know you where behind him, you didn't indicate as far as I could see, he/we assume only car drivers are bad drivers.

As ever expect the unexpected, like the taxi to suddenly stop or the truck pull to the left, as said a closing situation, did you flash him to warn him you where gunna do summut , like overtake, maybe he was just gunna do the same ??

In short, too close and a bit inconsiderate in my opinion, but |I don't have to ride in traffic like that, I live out in the sticks with sheep, cattle and the odd tractor etc. to contend with, so what do I know. :karma:

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:10 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
M.C wrote:
If only I could of understood him Sad

In what language is that correct grammar?

Forgive me sensei...

https://media-exp2.licdn.com/mpr/mpr/AAEAAQAAAAAAAAq7AAAAJDk1MzQ2N2I5LTg2ZTEtNDNmNC04NTUxLTAzYThlNDcyNzkyOQ.jpg

goto10 wrote:
goto10 wrote:

Don't be _too_ kind getting out of the way though - this Ecourier guy moved out the way for an aggressive rider pushing past and then came a cropper by staring at his mirror and not looking where he was going:

https://youtu.be/uujbnBsT3C4

He wasn't particularly close to me when I slowed for the Beetle/lorry* - it was after that I noticed he'd appeared in my mirrors (you can tell that he wasn't really _that_ close even then, it took him a while to catch and pass)
I don't think it was option A either. I still think it was:

C) Why are you letting me past, I was quite happy behind you.

But all of the above options kinda proves the pointlessness of ragey hand gestures, no one really knows WTAF you're on about - just make progress, thank someone for letting you through and get on with your fucking life.

(*Admittedly I'm a touch hesitant when I go past some lorries, but this may have something to do with seeing a scooterist's head under the wheels of one last year)

You mean like your overtake gesture to KTM man? Razz It definitely looked like a why didn't you carry on filtering gesture. I got shit (before) for saying I don't jump out the way of other bikers, I pull in when it's safe to let them through etc..

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: damp Reply with quote

bikenut wrote:
Road is damp, undertaking and didn't see any indicators come on, also a bit close in a closing situation.

He must have know you where behind him, you didn't indicate as far as I could see, he/we assume only car drivers are bad drivers.

As ever expect the unexpected, like the taxi to suddenly stop or the truck pull to the left, as said a closing situation, did you flash him to warn him you where gunna do summut , like overtake, maybe he was just gunna do the same ??

In short, too close and a bit inconsiderate in my opinion, but |I don't have to ride in traffic like that, I live out in the sticks with sheep, cattle and the odd tractor etc. to contend with, so what do I know. Karma

I agree with bikenut, if it were me I'd have overtaken him a little quicker rather than going slowly, if the taxi were to stop he'd have nowhere to go.

Overall it's his fault for poor obs, he probably got spooked like a horse when you overtook him. You could probably have told he didn't see you and tooted to make him aware.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 59 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2