Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

What game(s) are you playing?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:29 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrDonnyBrago wrote:
grr666 wrote:
Latest Gran Turismo, any good? I hear you can't mod the cars the same as before is that true?

No the modding sucks, it's just sliders for power and weight. You can up the limits of the sliders using mileage points. Don't think of it as a GT game and it is less depressing.

The focus is online, which really is a damn shame as the defining feature of GT games was the career progression from a shitty used scooby/Supra to a GT/F1 car. I don't want to hang around with people in my work time, let alone my free time so online play is not at all appealing. The SP campaign is extremely limited, but still a welcome addition.

I paid £20, I don't feel ripped off but I couldn't advocate spending a penny more. YMMV if you like spending time interacting with strangers.

I kinda agree with your sentiments about racing (or playing) with strangers, but I know online is a big thing. I found career progression frustrating in the old GTs, I don't think I ever got to drive an F1 car in GT5/6 because they were hideously expensive.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:37 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna give GT Sport a shot. Now do I get the day one edition for £24.99 or the standard edition for £14.99??

Is the $250,000 starting credit / Livery Sticker Packs / Chrome Racing Helmet / Set of PS4 Avatars worth the extra tenner?

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 18:45 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
chris-red wrote:
It's alright. Not worth £40 IMO. They are adding lots of features it was basically half finished.

Like every GT then Smile The second game on that gen' of consoles always seem to be the complete one.

chris-red wrote:
I played it for a while and in the end put GT2 on my PSP and had more fun Laughing

I still have to try GT2 on my dreamcast. Did you ever play the PSP ver. of Gran Turismo? I remember it being alright for a handheld racing game (which isn't saying much).

Yes it's crap, well not crap, just limited. GT/GT2 are much better games.

I've been looking for a copy of Bleemcast, however it isn;t cheap, far too expensive for a laugh!

chris-red

PostPosted: 18:45 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Gonna give GT Sport a shot. Now do I get the day one edition for £24.99 or the standard edition for £14.99??

Is the $250,000 starting credit / Livery Sticker Packs / Chrome Racing Helmet / Set of PS4 Avatars worth the extra tenner?

No.

chris-red

PostPosted: 18:46 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

£15 already, I paid £40 ~3-4 months ago Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
M.C wrote:

I still have to try GT2 on my dreamcast. Did you ever play the PSP ver. of Gran Turismo? I remember it being alright for a handheld racing game (which isn't saying much).

Yes it's crap, well not crap, just limited. GT/GT2 are much better games.

I've been looking for a copy of Bleemcast, however it isn;t cheap, far too expensive for a laugh!

I remember it being basic but better than the other racing games on the PSP, think I tried TOCA and the (Sony) F1 game which were rubbish. Also as per my comment above, I did actually get to drive an F1 car in GT on the PSP Very Happy

Regarding Bleemcast: https://www.emuparadise.me/Sega_Dreamcast_ISOs/Games-Starting-With-B/1 - I'm assuming you don't have a problem pirating a dead piece of software for a dead console Smile

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:58 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gran Turismo for PSP had one big advantage over the GT Sport, you had to earn credits to buy the cars. It was literally a game for car collectors. I had it and earning credits in races, challenges was good fun, plus it felt surreal to play ''GT4'' on PSP.

WRC and MotoGP were also great on PSP.

+PS1 emulation = GT2 on go!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:09 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
The Gran Turismo for PSP had one big advantage over the GT Sport, you had to earn credits to buy the cars. It was literally a game for car collectors. I had it and earning credits in races, challenges was good fun, plus it felt surreal to play ''GT4'' on PSP.

WRC and MotoGP were also great on PSP.

+PS1 emulation = GT2 on go!

I played the demo of Moto GP a fair bit, as it was better than the final game IMO Confused I remember the same being true of WRC 04, where they dumbed the physics down for the final game (from the WIP demo).

PS1 emulation was pretty sweet, but 'touch gaming' (angry brids etc.) made my PSP redundant Neutral Still got it in a box somewhere...

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:31 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
PS1 emulation was pretty sweet, but 'touch gaming' (angry brids etc.) made my PSP redundant Neutral Still got it in a box somewhere...

I also emulated NES/SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, Genesis/Master system, PC-engine, DosBox, ... on the PSP.

I hate touch screens in gaming, it just doesn't work. Unless it was made for it, and even then it's far from perfect. The button layout of the PSP however was perfect for all the consoles from the 80's and 90's and Gameboy(+Colour and Advance) was also more than doable. In fact, playing GB/GBC/GBA games on the PSP was even better, more enjoyable than on the actual hardware. I had GBC and the moment I got PSP, I never touched the GBC ever again.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:55 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:

I got GT Sport for Xmas. I had a quick go and I'll probably return to it one day but Fishing Planet has taken up my time.

Had a 15min 33lb pike battle in Michigan earlier btw. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
M.C wrote:

I also emulated NES/SNES, GB/GBC/GBA, Genesis/Master system, PC-engine, DosBox, ... on the PSP.

I hate touch screens in gaming, it just doesn't work. Unless it was made for it, and even then it's far from perfect. The button layout of the PSP however was perfect for all the consoles from the 80's and 90's and Gameboy(+Colour and Advance) was also more than doable. In fact, playing GB/GBC/GBA games on the PSP was even better, more enjoyable than on the actual hardware. I had GBC and the moment I got PSP, I never touched the GBC ever again.

Hmm I might have to dig mine out again, as I'm basically doing all that on the SNES mini, even PS1 games although they play at full speed but look shit for some reason. There's also a PSP emulator which I've not tried yet, I only reflashed with a firmware that allows USB support the other day.

One thing that put me off turning the PSP into a gaming Noah's ark was memory card prices (pro stick shizzle or whatever they were), and they still seem to be expensive Confused

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:02 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
One thing that put me off turning the PSP into a gaming Noah's ark was memory card prices (pro stick shizzle or whatever they were), and they still seem to be expensive Confused

Depends on what consoles/handhelds you're going to emulate, but many have games that only take a few hundred kb on the card, and many libraries with games contain prototypes and different region versions, which are not necessary to have.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:16 - 06 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sod it, bought the Day one edition. The 14.99 one was outside the UK and I thought it a bit scammy...
The next few new copies were all 19.99 so I was happy to pay another fiver for the Day one edition.
I've put some SERIOUS hours in on Gran Turismo and its sequels over the years. I'm sure I'll enjoy it.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:14 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RhynoCZ wrote:
M.C wrote:

Depends on what consoles/handhelds you're going to emulate, but many have games that only take a few hundred kb on the card, and many libraries with games contain prototypes and different region versions, which are not necessary to have.

Yeah you're fine with the 8/16 bit era, but the CD consoles you have to rip out the soundtrack if you want to fit more than a few games on (I only had a 2GB card).

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:39 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone played Mudrunner? Thinking of downloading on Xbox one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:41 - 07 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

I played the original game (2014), it is good, a bit too challenging at first, but rather addictive gameplay. The Mudrunner is just a re-release with cockpit view, which is awful.

Get the Mudrunner on sale, OR the original for PC.

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:46 - 18 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingdom Come: Deliverance - 9.5/10 (PC, v1.2)

The ''Dungeons and no dragons'' game,...

Well, it's a very good game, with very entertaining gameplay, great storytelling and one of the best looking environments I've ever seen in a open world video game. Although it takes place in 1403, the forests and castles around seem so familiar to me. School trips, when I was a small lad?

It's pointless to talk about the story here, so I'm gonna jump into what I like and what didn't go that well.

The combat system is very refreshing and actually nice to use (xbox 360 controller). It really takes some skill to fight properly and combined with the save system in the game (go to sleep or drink the schnaps; autosave is rare) and the way you equip armor and clothing you really fear for your life. The other means of fighting being a bow with no crosshair, influenced by stamina and the quality/type of the arrow and bow, or your fists.
I got very good with the bow, so I mostly kill people by a arrow into head off the back of my faithful steed. But, there are various ways of how to complete quests. They even say you may finish the whole game without killing anyone. So far it seems impossible as I already ''had to'' slaughter many people.

The saving system, I like it regardless of what people say. It's definitely no Skyrim, where you can do anything if you use the quicksave and quickload aplenty enough.

The odd at first stuff: eating, sleeping, pickpocketing, picklocking. Now, the first two felt like a stupid concept at first, but then I got past the prologue and got used to it. Although both take some time from the gameplay, eating can be solved by just eating whatever the NPCs are cooking in the pots (for free, takes about 3 seconds or hunt and cook yourself). Sleeping isn't really that of an issue as you manage a lot between the sleeping. But bare in mind the NPCs sleep too, so the shops are closed at night but the bandits (enemies) sleep as well. Good for robberies and surprise attacks, or even completely avoiding conflicts.
Pickpocketing and picklocking are actually done very well and are as refreshing as the combat system is. Both take a lot of skill at first, but it's just a matter of time before you get good at it, although you don't really have to use it, if you decide to be a good member of society (Thou shalt not steal). All the criminal activities are punishable by the law (fine, jail). Learning how to pick a lock was very frustrating, as you need picklocks and they are not that ubiquitous.

Alchemy, well I never tried it and won't. In none of all the RPGs I've ever played, I bothered with crafting and alchemy. But, you may pick flowers and herbs of all sorts and make potions and lotions.

When doing Quests, listen to what the NPCs say, as many times there are no points on the map for you to just follow. Also, many quests are time sensitive.

The Czech/Bohemian stuff; there are many references to real events and figures, but nothing that would make the game less enjoyable for people who have no clue. The story on its own + the side quests are very well written and for those who want to learn something a bit about the history of the place, you may as well ask the NPCs and/or read the codex.

The last bit, unlike its competitors, the Kingdom Come is not repetitive (yet?). In many RPGs you keep doing the same thing over and over again, most of the quests being just a filler of the time before the main quest moves on, not in the Kingdom Come. There is also a fair bit of realism in the game, so for instance you cannot read unless you learn how to but you don't have to learn it at all. Whether you're capable of reading will influence the gameplay.

TL; DR: Worth the time and money (PC), very refreshing RPG. The 27th this month there will be DRM free version on GOG. Also available on the consoles.

Bugs? I haven't met one, but the PC version is already fully patched, unlike the consoles which will have the patch ready in a few days, if not already. Well, some report that on Nvidia cards the game randomly freezes for a brief moment (crash and restart of the GPU driver) every now and then, not on my Nvidia card through.

EDIT: I recommend playing this of an SSD = no loading times, whatsoever.

Last edited by RhynoCZ on 22:59 - 18 Feb 2018; edited 2 times in total

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 22:49 - 18 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:

Bought it, waste of money.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:49 - 18 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm playing Skyrim through for the umpteenth time, but this time with a load of mods. Used "live another life" and haven't gone to Helgen, so no dragons triggered yet, but can get in and out of Whiterun

got enchanting up to 99% and smithing to 100%, will soon trigger dragons, make some super overpowered dragon armour, then prestige the two skills

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:06 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just bought Silent Hill Homecoming for the pc.

So far it seems very much like the atmosphere of the original PS/1 game I've got.

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:35 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally cracked and downloaded the Project Ozone Lite mod pack for Minecraft and have played far too many hours in the last few days Embarassed

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:18 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cure for melancholy Locoroco.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:03 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing Just Cause 3, again. Just bought the 3 expansion pack deal For a few quid from Steam which has new island maps and a tasty new Mech vehicle to cause mayhem in.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:03 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

You can get PSP to SD card adaptors. I did it. Easy to mod now too. Put a load of PS1 games on. Syphon Filter FTW.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:19 - 09 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

DrSnoosnoo wrote:
M.C wrote:

You can get PSP to SD card adaptors. I did it. Easy to mod now too. Put a load of PS1 games on. Syphon Filter FTW.

Yeah I saw them but wasn't 100% which was best. I think with the photofast adapter you can use two 16GB cards, or one 32GB with a single card adapter?

https://gloimg.gbtcdn.com/gb/pdm-product-pic/Electronic/2016/03/21/goods-img/1497570751383281425.JPG

Yeah I might have to DL Syphon filter 2. Dark Mirror was good as well.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 40 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 62, 63, 64  Next
Page 19 of 64