4K HDR

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jayy
Mr. Ponzi

PostPosted: 02:09 - 13 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
My entire connection is provided wirelessly, as in I have an AP on my house which talks across the road to our works offices.

Some wireless is fine. I get a solid 500MB connection with 0ms point to point, I'm then wired internally.

Internal shitty routers will cause issues, and devices that are aids, such as consoles, will never have great connections over wireless. However, streaming 4K from Netflix seemed perfectly fine on my One X, so I'd be wanting at least 50MB and wired if I was ever going for that set up again.

That's a pretty unique / rare setup though that you got business speed broadband pumped in via AP

I can stream 4K content on my 55mbit connection no problem via Ethernet but if I try streaming to the Roku downstairs on the TV via the Wireless... got no chance.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 08:27 - 13 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

At a cost of £40 per side, it's cheaper than most routers. Goes out of something like 40Gb at the other end too Laughing but it would be limited to my 100Mb card.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 11:49 - 13 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have VM Broadband (100mb), with the Supplied Super hub 3, I have no problem streaming 4k over WiFi.

They go up to 300mb...

I put an AC wifi card in my Laptop for ~£20.

It really isn't hard. Streaming 4k is no problem from my PC to TV, my Server dies however because it isn't powerful enough. Streaming 4k from Amazon/Netflix is fine, it doesn't remotely struggle. This isn't top of the range or prohibitively expensive kit.

kawakid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:05 - 19 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
My entire connection is provided wirelessly, as in I have an AP on my house which talks across the road to our works offices.

You live across the road from your work?

Are you ever late?

I'm guessing it's impossible to through a sicky.

tbh, I'd do the same.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 10:42 - 20 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

kawakid wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

You live across the road from your work?

Are you ever late?

I'm guessing it's impossible to through a sicky.

tbh, I'd do the same.

Routinely late.

I can be sick whenever, and still play Xbox.

Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 38 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2