Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Carrying your disc lock on your motorcycle.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Jamieking86
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 10:20 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Carrying your disc lock on your motorcycle. Reply with quote

Hi people, I have just recently bought a chain, an FD-moto disc lock and anchor, got an absolute bargain for all 3. Just wondering the easiest way to carry your disc lock with you? I don't want to keep it in my pocket...obviously. When the lock is clicked in the alarm automatically sets on it, so i can't click it on to somewhere on the bike as someone will think I've stolen it Shocked And it's 3 miniture screws to unscrew to take the battery out so it will be a nusiance to keep having to do that. I do have a top box but i don't like to carry it around with me all the time.

J4mes
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:24 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under your seat?
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

ADSrox0r
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:37 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:

Also I can also guarantee the novelty will rapidly wear off and it will become a PITA.

Bit like yourself eh?
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Off Topic). Unhide this post / all posts.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:45 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not do us all a favour and fuck off.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:45 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He stopped using his when he realised even the UKs least discerning thief would rather steal a still warm dog turd than his bike.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:12 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Carrying your disc lock on your motorcycle. Reply with quote

Jamieking86 wrote:
Hi people, I have just recently bought a chain, an FD-moto disc lock and anchor, got an absolute bargain for all 3. Just wondering the easiest way to carry your disc lock with you? I don't want to keep it in my pocket...obviously. When the lock is clicked in the alarm automatically sets on it, so i can't click it on to somewhere on the bike as someone will think I've stolen it Shocked And it's 3 miniture screws to unscrew to take the battery out so it will be a nusiance to keep having to do that. I do have a top box but i don't like to carry it around with me all the time.

One of these sort of things.

To help prevent the metal hammering a hole in the tail pack you can stow the 'woteva' in another cloth bag.
or For thrift wrap in a bit of rag. Denim is hard wearing and who doesn't own a ripped pair of jeans these days that would be better off in the bin? Smile

MahatmaAndhi
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 11:28 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If under the seat doesn't work and it has to be unlocked to prevent the alarm going off, then I would look at some kind of buckle-type strap to fix it to the bike somewhere, or even velcro.
When I used a bracket for a disc-lock (a U shaped one), I fixed it to the bars which hold the top-box's mounting plate in place by mummifying it with cable ties.

You can just about see it on this old picture: https://imgur.com/GSBH7sR

Edit: Better idea. Buy one of these and fix it in the same place.

https://cdn2.cyclist.co.uk/sites/cyclist/files/styles/gallery_adv/public/2017/01/saddlebags_buyers_guide_7_pro.jpg?itok=TQy3Tc-m

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:52 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Carrying your disc lock on your motorcycle. Reply with quote

Jamieking86 wrote:
I do have a top box but i don't like to carry it around with me all the time.

Yes, that would be far too convenient and solve all your problems.

If you don't want to spoil the look of your bike for the benefit of your adoring fans, you could sling it in a small bag hung off of your bars, in front of your headstock.

I mean, depending on what bike it is, but it's more fun if we have to guess.

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:11 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't it fit under the seat, the where kept mine, even on the blade there was enough room under the seat

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 12:33 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use one of these Fits chain/padlock + disc lock.

Similar stuff if you dont have a separate pillion seat.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Back-Motorcycle-Seat-Rear-Storage-Bag-Multifunctional-Bags-Motorbike-Accessories/122838002031?hash=item1c99b7296f:g:TjYAAOSwFb5aE-r~

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:32 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Carrying your disc lock on your motorcycle. Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Jamieking86 wrote:
I do have a top box but i don't like to carry it around with me all the time.
Yes, that would be far too convenient and solve all your problems

I dunno, I have some sympathy there... personally I have an instantly snap-on/off Givi box, which I do only use when I specifically need it, which does not include day ride-outs from home (my normal bike use). I have no reason to need it fitted all the time, and several reasons not to - eg, if I'm parked up, someone might break in to it (it can't be left 'unlocked' and empty); if I had an off it would probably mean another £100 to find; if it's windy it doesn't help the bike's stability; it would suffer more general wear-and-tear than when sitting on the garage shelf, etc. At my age, looking 'uncool' really doesn't feature Wink

But then again, my disk lock fits neatly under my seat, and I'm not sure why the OP's doesn't.

Wheezybiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 15:44 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use a q bag expanding tail bag
Fits to the seat or rear rack zips off if needed I leave mine on the bike all the time and when bike is locked up I leave the tail pack open when at work or home. If I was out in a strange/ less desirable place I may unzip it
£20quid easy replaced
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Jamieking86
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 19:40 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tdibs wrote:

Something like this would be perfect. I have a YBR 125 so don't have a separate pillion seat unfortunately so taking the whole seat off everytime would be quite inconvenient. Does it just clip around the seat or can it clip around the shelf where the top box sits?

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:12 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamieking86 wrote:
Tdibs wrote:

Something like this would be perfect. I have a YBR 125 so don't have a separate pillion seat unfortunately so taking the whole seat off everytime would be quite inconvenient. Does it just clip around the seat or can it clip around the shelf where the top box sits?

? You unclip the bag leaving the straps in place. What I found with a similar bag is that if you put too much stuff in the bag shifts a bit and presses into your back (which's annoying).

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:11 - 17 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

my disc lock would always fit in my jacket pocket when I used it...

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:25 - 18 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fin wrote:
my disc lock would always fit in my jacket pocket when I used it...

Do you mean when you 'used it' to lock your bike? Shocked
Very Happy

janner_10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:45 - 18 Feb 2018    Post subject: Re: Carrying your disc lock on your motorcycle. Reply with quote

Jamieking86 wrote:
nuisance

Jamieking86 wrote:
inconvenient

What ever you decide to do, it may require the slightest effort on your part.

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 18:19 - 19 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
He stopped using his when he realised even the UKs least discerning thief would rather steal a still warm dog turd than his bike.

are dog turds even property? food for thought Very Happy

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 14:22 - 23 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bogeyman wrote:
Why not do yourself a favour and enema me? Wink Middle Finger

Shocked

natefz6
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 14:54 - 23 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I carry mine in the front left bottom pocket. I had an off with it there and no drama entailed, obviously there are different kind of offs but its securely in place in my pocket and does not wiggle about. The one I have is flat though and sits quite flush to my body. If anything it gives me more protection than without it.

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 11:45 - 06 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just carry mine in my jacket pocket - seems like the least faffing around.

megaross
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 12:52 - 06 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always stuck mine in my pocket, that way I always put it on when I park the bike up or I can't get anything else out of it.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:24 - 06 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

megaross wrote:
I always stuck mine in my pocket, that way I always put it on when I park the bike up or I can't get anything else out of it.

And when you crash it'll fuck your bones or internal organs up.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 42 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2