Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bitcoins

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Triton Thrasher
Could Be A Chat Bot

PostPosted: 10:01 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:

I don't understand why these differ from Bolivars but anyway, there's nothing new under the sun. In 1970 a petro-based currency briefly competed with marbles and Captain Scarlet/ Joe 90 / Battle of Britain chewing gum cards as a currency in the UK.
https://www.tvcream.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/essocoin.jpg
Very Happy

I had to check whether Bonetti really looked like that.

https://www.englandfootballonline.com/images/Plyrs/B/Bonetti%20(eng),%20Peter.jpg

Mmm, no. Was it an anti-forgery measure?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:40 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Fill your boots, but don't expect everyone to think it's awesome. A currency for Geeks and criminals. Yey..

And not for fucking morons.

Ciao then.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:57 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
What's it worth now, you know since all the papers went mad over it in December? Oh, yes, around half the value it was only 2 months ago.

22/12/2017 BTC Price $13,600

22/02/2018 BTC Price $10,300

Around half you say?

22/07/2017 BTC Price $2,800

22/01/2017 BTC Price $922

Common sense not to invest you say? If you consider your decision not to invest in bitcoin over the last 5 years that this thread has been active, common sense, then I feel bad for anyone that takes any advice from you.

Of course anyone that invested in Bitcoin in December was being a tad foolish if they thought they would be insta-rich, but rest assured they will make their money within the next 12 months. Meanwhile, you can moan about how criminals use it and you can moan about how there are going to be regulations placed on it, but you can be sure that I can never lose money on my investment, along with anyone that purchased some when they were just a few hundred each. Yes we have some fan boys here, and rightly so. I don't go spoiling your race hate threads, so please don't come here with your 'I hate anything new' attitude, as we here are lovers of change and of the new.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:43 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every pennycent that you speculate on an intangible commodity is a "loss", until you sell out to a greater fool.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:40 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Every pennycent that you speculate on an intangible commodity is a "loss", until you sell out to a greater fool.

Except that I've withdrawn my original investment a few times over.

Maybe those greater fools I've sold to also made some good money and cashed out. I'm wondering if they feel like fools?

Coming to think of it, I remember selling quite a few at only a few pounds each, Those buyers could well be millionaires now. The fools.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:10 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Except that I've withdrawn my original investment a few times over.

It's a wonder that you find time among Weinsteining supermodels on your yacht to share your insights with us. I feel truly blessed to be reminded repeatedly what I should go out and do 4 years ago.

Pjay wrote:
Maybe those greater fools I've sold to also made some good money and cashed out. I'm wondering if they feel like fools?

Not if they cashed out at $20K. Those who bought in then might be feeling a touch clowny.

Pjay wrote:
I remember selling quite a few at only a few pounds each, Those buyers could well be millionaires now.

They could be. Or they could have lost their wallets, realised their mistake, drunk themselves blind on meths, then stepped in front of the 3:15 from Cheltenham Spa.

You monster.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:31 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:

I clearly lead a sheltered life, like the vast majority of others who have the common sense not to “invest” in it.

That's why you blame foreigners for everything, you mard cunt.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:40 - 22 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
Common sense not to invest you say? If you consider your decision not to invest in bitcoin over the last 5 years that this thread has been active, common sense, then I feel bad for anyone that takes any advice from you.

Because of the (recent) muggle bubble. It's only because that massively eclipsed the 2013 bubble that it looks like a good investment.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:15 - 23 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Yep, around half since the papers were bigging it up the week before Christmas.

Then take off the cost of turning cash into BTC and the fees for converting it back to proper money and you can whack off another 20% or so.

You seem to know an awful lot about bitcoin all of a sudden.

Fuck knows where you are getting 20% fees from, probably your anus, like most of your views.

You pick the ATH as some kind of proof it all a scam and useless?

What about the ATH in 2012? and 2013? and 2014? Please leave this thread, it's not for you.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:29 - 23 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really fucked up if they paid 10% fees each time. Laughing

Current bitcoin price: £7360.30
On localbitcoins.com you can buy £100 worth at the exchange rate of £7,526.62 per BTC.

So that's a markup of 2.21%

Now we've got the 0.01328618 bitcoins for £100 which can be sold at the exchange rate of £7,218.75 / BTC which leaves us with £95.91

Buying or selling on localbitscoins.com won't give you the best prices but it's one of the quickest and simplest.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:19 - 23 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Pjay wrote:
Fuck knows where you are getting 20% fees from, probably your anus, like most of your views.

A documentary on the TV where a couple transferred £100 into Bitcoin and set abut trying to spend it. I'm sure they lost 10% each way converting it to and from Bitcoin.

Ah, yes, £10 fee each way = 10%. Here, take a look at my anus....

https://www.coinfloor.co.uk/fees

Pjay wrote:
Please leave this thread, it's not for you.

As I said earlier, negative comments aren't allowed, because you think it's a great idea, just like the mugs who followed the advice in the papers before Christmas and chucked hard cash at it, just before it plummeted.

Maybe thread title could be changed to "positive comments only, no debating whether it's mainly a currency used for cyber crime"?

Do you need me to point out your maths fail?

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 23 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
Ah, yes, £10 fee each way = 10%. Here, take a look at my anus....

https://www.coinfloor.co.uk/fees

Ok I had a look and that says that deposits are £5 and Withdrawals are £10. That's not 10% fees each way. That's a set fee.
So If I withdraw £4000, I pay £10. Nice!

Anyhow, you are using a weird way to explain how shit it all is.
Who is going to just buy £100 of a currency only to convert it back to ponds? Of course it would be costly.

Try buying £100 of Euros and then converting them back to Ponds. Do you think there will be less or more than £85 left?
Does this mean Euros are shite?

People buying a currency for the reason of making money are morons.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:39 - 24 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christmas bitcoin investors will only lose out if they've sold up rather than waiting for the price to rise again. Laughing

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:07 - 24 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
What do you buy it for, shits and giggles?

I have only ever purchased bitcoin with the intention of using them as a currency to purchase goods/services.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:38 - 24 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
mpd72 wrote:
What do you buy it for, shits and giggles?

I have only ever purchased bitcoin with the intention of using them as a currency to purchase goods/services.

How did you make money then? Eh? Surely you wouldn't buy and hold a stash of bitcoin you intend to actually use, as the dozen oranges you wanted to buy could be two dozen, or half a dozen in a short space of time.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:02 - 24 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
How did you make money then? Eh? Surely you wouldn't buy and hold a stash of bitcoin you intend to actually use, as the dozen oranges you wanted to buy could be two dozen, or half a dozen in a short space of time.

Well yes, I purchased a bunch to use as currency and it's all blossomed from there.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 04:49 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Venezuela 'Petro' coin is absolutely hilarious Laughing

Sounds like something from a comic book, or a Thunderbirds narrative or something. Oil-based national economy invents a coin and calls it 'Petro'. How can anyone take this level of childish inventiveness seriously Laughing

Also @Pjay will you stop acting as if your own success due to early entry to the cryptoPonz means the whole thing is obviously a great idea for everyone and the planet. Screams of blind "I made some money" arrogance masked as industry-level finance knowledge. You would most certainly have a different attitude if you weren't one of the cash-money winners in all this. Think about that for a while.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 07:13 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
Also @Pjay will you stop acting as if your own success due to early entry to the cryptoPonz means the whole thing is obviously a great idea for everyone and the planet. Screams of blind "I made some money" arrogance masked as industry-level finance knowledge. You would most certainly have a different attitude if you weren't one of the cash-money winners in all this. Think about that for a while.

Brick Wall Brick Wall Brick Wall

Obviously anyone who bought in when bitcoins cost very little is now sitting on a small fortune but the people who joined in on the christmas muggles bubble will make a profit as long as they didn't get scared when the price dropped.

It's kind of like forex trading.

Are you just trolling?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:05 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
the people who joined in on the christmas muggles bubble will make a profit

When?

Note that making a profit requires them to sell out.

When should they sell out?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 09:30 - 26 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well to make a profit they need to wait until the price is higher than what they bought in at. Wink

I've no idea what people who bought in through the facebook ads have actually got to show for their money but I'm guessing they don't have their own wallet with the bitcoins in.

The drop in price wasn't a surprise for anyone who did a bit of homework instead of just blindly trusting facebook ads which went on about 5,000% increase in value, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 32 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 41 of 58