Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Alittle question about CBF 125

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

mrbeanhq
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:31 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Alittle question about CBF 125 Reply with quote

Another newbie question please.
Due to get a cbf 125. Obviously ill have a read thru the service guide to know whats coming up. Also i have seen a lot of CF50 thingies and ill be keeping my bike in the garage overnight. Will be getting a chain for work security.
What other tips could i have to keep my buke in tip too condition and reduce rust risk?
How often to wash?
How often to apply this cf 50 thing?
How often do i check other stuff, stuff not clearly outlined in the manual or often taken for granted?
Dos and donts?

Thanks in advance.

mrbeanhq
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:31 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

help me! Very Happy

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:27 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s ACF. And you can re-apply after you have finished cleaning your bike.
Quick check of tyres and chain before each ride.
Look at site glass on the engine when the bike is level and upright (not on the sidestand).
Easy peasy Thumbs Up

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 08:54 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, you didn't even leave a minute before posting your thread and then bumping it to request help. At half 5 in the morning. During nationwide snow storms.

Secondly, isn't this all common sense?

Clean it when it gets dirty, check the bike over before every ride and keep an eye on things going rusty. If they go rusty, treat and paint.

If it's not mentioned in the owners manual you have to assume it's just common sense.

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:59 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holdawayt wrote:
Firstly, you didn't even leave a minute before posting your thread and then bumping it to request help. At half 5 in the morning. During nationwide snow storms.

Secondly, isn't this all common sense?

Clean it when it gets dirty, check the bike over before every ride and keep an eye on things going rusty. If they go rusty, treat and paint.

If it's not mentioned in the owners manual you have to assume it's just common sense.

Basic maintenance/checks should also have been covered on the CBT Wink

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:10 - 02 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd take a long hard look at any used CBF125 for signs of rust. They're cheap Indian bikes made for the Indian market, and once the tin worm sets in, they can go fast. Be ready to walk away if you're in any doubt, they don't heal themselves.

Basic checks on tyre pressure and chain tension and lubrication should be done weekly. Give the visible areas of the tyres a glance before setting off.

Beyond that, just don't skimp on the engine oil changes. I'd do one as soon as you get the bike (any bike), regardless of any claims that it's just been done by the seller. It's only a litre or so of oil.

Consider changing the brake fluid too. Other than that, keep it shiny side up and you're good to go.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 28 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1