Safety device feedback

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:41 - 05 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

werescuecorp wrote:
. You don't need to have a cellphone, everything is built-in.
. You don't need to charge its battery or doing anything else. Once the device is mounted, you forget about it. it's autonomous. You plug it in and ride.
. We do not collect any DATA! for me this is the most important thing, if you crash at 200 km/h or at 20 km/h we won't report it to your insurance company or anyone else; the device can't record any data like your speed or your gps location. No-one can track you!
. Having your smartphone in your jacket when you ride is pretty cool to take some pictures but if you crash it can hurt you badly...
. You smartphone will drain its own battery, not our device.
. It's adaptable to any motorcycles, even if you ride a moped...
. Its kick ass design.

Well, I would have thought that the vast majority of bikers keep a charged smartphone in their jacket pocket while riding; I can't honestly imagine myself not going out without it (and were I to have one of your devices I would certainly continue to do so). Being maimed in a crash by a flat, smooth gadget held firmly flat against my body is not one of my major concerns while riding.

Take out the smartphone factor from your list of reasons why I should buy your device and there's really nothing substantive left (the Realrider app - which I won't subscribe to for reasons already explained - also makes the same statement about data confidentiality that you do).

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:17 - 05 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

werescuecorp wrote:
When there is a crash, we get notified and we call back the device to know what happened, to get more info, who is involved / injured... And then we contact the emergency services.

Mmmmk, so your device doesn't "use all network providers available to get the best connection" as it contacts you rather than the emergency services.

"If you crash, the device would call the emergency."

It doesn't do that, it contacts you and assuming you get the notification then you contact the emergency services?

Have I correctly understood what you've said?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 05 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

werescuecorp wrote:

We use mobile coverage for a few reasons: first we use all network providers available to get the best connection, you have to know too that if you're in a no mobile area and try to contact 911 / 112 your mobile phone will try to reach this number using other network providers. If we were using satellite coverage the monthly fee would be much more expensive and the device would be much bigger too. We wanted something discreet on the handlebar, not an ugly brick.

Explain to me again how this works in a no-mobile area?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:40 - 06 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Have I correctly understood what you've said?

I reckon you've understood it better than OP has.

But perhaps OP or all of OPs will arrange for their service to have been registered as an emergency number so that their device could have used any network to connected (apologies for the tenses, I thought I'd better covered all the possibilities).

Aside, I got a PM from OP, which as per I deleted unread because it's more fun to guess what it might have will contain.

I'm 50:50 on "delete my thread" and "law slanderings suit against your site BCF incoming". Whistle
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 24 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2