Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bike delivered broken by dealership, any advice? Am gutted!

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:18 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 30 day clock is paused while repairs are being carried out. See CRA 2015 S19 et al.

Although this is of course in principle. In practice, they'll laugh off any attempt to reject it.

Squiffy_The_Wombat wrote:
1) yes I'm aware its 12 years old

Did you buy it 2 years ago? Eh?

No offence (more than usual) but this is exactly what I'd expect from buying a 14 year old Ducati. Folk trade in problem bikes to get rid of them, dealers sling a bucket of soapy water over them and punt them on as "very clean examples".

If you reject it now, then go chasing after Ducatis of a similar age, do you really expect to find one that's not needing similar TLC?

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 12:35 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
The 30 day clock is paused while repairs are being carried out. See CRA 2015 S19 et al.

Although this is of course in principle. In practice, they'll laugh off any attempt to reject it.

1) yes I'm aware its 12 years old

Did you buy it 2 years ago? Eh?

Thanks, bike is an 04 but not registered for a few years.

No offence (more than usual) but this is exactly what I'd expect from buying a 14 year old Ducati. Folk trade in problem bikes to get rid of them, dealers sling a bucket of soapy water over them and punt them on as "very clean examples".

If you reject it now, then go chasing after Ducatis of a similar age, do you really expect to find one that's not needing similar TLC?

Thanks, bike is an 04 but not registered for a few years.

No I quite expect to have to tinker, but i do also expect a dealership to check the battery and coolant as these are trade r101's and one of the reasons the public pay a premium over private (or at least in theory lol).

Am checking the RR today which i suspect is at fault, if is not a simple fix will be looking to return i guess Sad Sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:26 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do also expect a dealership to check the battery and coolant as these are trade r101's and one of the reasons the public pay a premium over private (or at least in theory lol).

Have a Funny rating. Laughing

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 13:33 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
i do also expect a dealership to check the battery and coolant as these are trade r101's and one of the reasons the public pay a premium over private (or at least in theory lol).

Have a Funny rating. Laughing

Very Happy This is what reviews / purchased domains are for Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:36 - 25 Feb 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLDR whole thread so not sure if resolved or not.

If not then:
Reject the goods.
Do not do as I did and use it whilst the bastirts hum and haw over it.

In law it will damage your legal standing as you 'kind-of' are accepting it as 'usable'.

If yes:

Well done.

lilredmachine
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:22 - 01 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find OP's decision to purchase a 14yr old Ducati 999 hilarious.

It's a lot of money to spend for a troll thread.

Wait, it's not a troll?

shit.

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 01:15 - 10 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilredmachine wrote:
I find OP's decision to purchase a 14yr old Ducati 999 hilarious.

It's a lot of money to spend for a troll thread.

Wait, it's not a troll?

shit.

each to their own, ducati 999's arnt exactly cheap

matlow
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 12:56 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated its an older Ducati, if you can get them to pay for remedial work to what is fundamentally a "good one" then I'd stick with that, these are appreciating bikes.

A little bit of advice from someone who owned a 749s for a few years, the cables that go from the battery to the starter and earth are known to corrode on the inside. Not related to the issues you have as the symptoms are decent battery reading but a bike that struggles to turn over.

There's a guy who does uprated replacement cables for about £80, which stop the issue and also improves starting performance. Highly recommended. https://www.exact-start.com/

Another decent quick win is putting the throttle tube from an R1 on, it's a straight swap and removes the initial give in the response shortens the amount of rotation to get full throttle, not to quick throttle levels but a noticeable improvement over standard.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ITT:
Man purchases an 04 Ducati and expects it to work.

It doesn't.

BCF try to help out, man gets annoyed at the world.

Ducati still doesn't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this after reading the first post only, amirite?

Squiffy_The_Wombat
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 22:34 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
ITT:
Man purchases an 04 Ducati and expects it to work.

It doesn't.

BCF try to help out, man gets annoyed at the world.

Ducati still doesn't work.

-------------------------------------------------------------

I wrote this after reading the first post only, amirite?

Haha - i expected a few issues, its an old ducati...however i DID expect it to at least run lol!

Thankfully the Ducati club here are epic and a very kind chap helped me through everything; there was a parasitic leak on the loom which is now sorted along with a new charger as the KD supplied one was toast.

KD Have sent through the fairing panel, I'm still waiting on the missing paperwork; maybe they'll answer an email soon, who knows.

Have had some fettling but bike now running well. Time to leave a review or two for KD...

@matlow - thanks man, have ordered the higher gauge cable set and cleaned every contact viewable. Great tip on the R1 tube - going to google around that now; thanks!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 6 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2