Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

2018 Health and Fitness Thread

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

_Will_
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:32 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

267.5kg in the hands; https://www.instagram.com/p/BgGtL-6ADlj/?taken-by=w_langlands
|| 1999 Cbr1100xx Blackbird ||
||| 2000 Kawasaki Zx12R ||| (|2009 Street Triple R |) // 2004 Honda Hornet Streetfighter \\|=| 2000 BMW R1100S |=| ------ My Bikepics page ------
Suffering Bike Withdrawal.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:53 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Will_ wrote:

that is just a touch over double what I can lift Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:21 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Will_ wrote:

That gave me a hernia.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:20 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

_Will_ wrote:

Impressive Thumbs Up I’ve got a job for you, my wallet is getting to heavy and I need someone to carry it Thumbs Up

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've started training for a half marathon. I'm new to this running lark so finding it quite difficult. I'm up to 2.6miles so far, running with these Vibram Five Fingers... my calves are healing faster and faster after each run so I'm doing ok.

Looking to increase distance soon - currently just acclimating to this new running style, trying to keep my weight forward.

How you guys can run 10km in under 1 hour blows my little mind. I'm running 12min miles at the moment and I find it really hard work. Going to keep on plugging though.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still trying to train twice a week if work doesn’t get in the way.
The biggest thing towards my fitness that I’m doing at the moment is reducing the size of my meals.
My belly has actually got a bit smaller Thumbs Up
Trying to eat grapes and/or bananas instead of chocolate if I need to snack.

I still like a beer, but I’m not having as much as I used to.

I find that if I have time on my hands and I am alone in the house, that’s when I start sticking my snout in the food cupboard Evil or Very Mad
Got to break the habit Crying or Very sad

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:44 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pedaled my bicycle 72miles yesterday. Debating going to run club tonight, or resting.

Eddie Hitler
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:42 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

125kg bench, 180kg squat x2, 260kg dead.

Upper body is catching up now since accident which I'm very happy about. Mr. Green

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 12:09 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cleaned up the diet, getting back into lifting, running twice a week.

I need to shift a couple of stone and try to stave off the feeling that my body is slowly giving up on me Laughing

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:52 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
Pedaled my bicycle 72miles yesterday. Debating going to run club tonight, or resting.

nope did not move off the sofa in the end

used by bicycle as transport yesterday, and did some general body weight exercise last night

today got out on my bicycle again for a brisk 35 mile ride

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:42 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powderhead wrote:

I need to shift a couple of stone and try to stave off the feeling that my body is slowly giving up on me Laughing

Shocked Shocked you can hear what I’m saying in my head Shocked Shocked

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 19:18 - 14 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
Shocked Shocked you can hear what I’m saying in my head Shocked Shocked

Laughing

It only takes me a couple of weeks of getting back into the swing of things and I feel alright again. I just gave up after Christmas Embarassed

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:51 - 20 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday, I rode 15 miles in the cold ☹ wind chill was minus lots so cut it short and went running after.

Today
Quote:
Moving time: 06:23:08
Distance: 77.71 mi
Average speed: 12.2 mi/h
Average rate: 4′56″ /mi
Calories (approx.): 4189 kcal
Max speed: 32.4 mi/h
↑ 3269 ft
↓ 3265 ft

Second half of ride was into head wind, average speed first half was 13.5mph

I like my hybrid, apart from all the old folks on road bikes overtaking me up hill and shouting hello as they disappeared.

Hope to do a couple of core exercise workouts rest of the week, couple ore short cycles, and a park run on Saturday.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:43 - 22 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying very very hard not snack on rubbish food between meals as a way of reducing a few pounds.
It appears? To be working in a very tiny way.

Trained twice this week and I might? be able to train Friday with a bit of luck.

My problem is that core-strength training leaves me feeling sick Sick
I think this may be down to my puny little muscles trying to move a fat bastard like me Shocked

Keep plugging away fatty Laughing

As with a lot of people, I let myself get really unfit before I decided to do something about it.

DrDonnyBrago
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:10 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mix of weddings, holidays, illness and injury. I had 2 weeks off, a week on then two more off.

Feel squidgy and weak Crying or Very sad .

I'll go back today and see how bad it is.

I've taken up doing all of the cooking so in theory, I have complete control over calorific/protein intake. In reality I make stuff I want to eat so things aren't going so well Laughing . If I'd been to the gym this week I could convince myself that my attempts to replicate KFC are "bulking".

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 17:13 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weights on Monday and Wednesday night both of which were real chores because I was fatigued especially on Wednesday. Did a longer MTB ride last night but my bike computer has stopped working and strava had an error and didn't record anything. Oh well theres always another day.

Pedalling into a gusty wind was hard work last night, I don't recall noticing it years ago so I guess its a sign of age or weakness!

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trained with a younger crowd last night.
It really brought home how unsupple I am Shocked .
It really brought home how slow I am Sad
It really brought me back to reality Thumbs Up

Tired muscles, but happy Pepperami Thumbs Up

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:27 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

run a fairly effortless sub 24 5k at park run

could probably beat my PB if I really went for it Thinking

cycling hundreds of miles every month might be making me fitter, or maybe just don't notice discomfort so much now

Getting a mate with to drive me to the otherside of Crowland on Monday, then cycle back. Will probably do at least 70 miles, debating how much further to try and push it. 78miles is my record, too soon to try the hundred?

Really, really, really, need to get a decent road bike. But oh well, it'll be all the sweeter when I get one after slogging this hybrid about.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 14:57 - 25 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weights on Saturday night followed by my first run since I was at school 31 years ago. I downloaded the c25k app which is very good. I managed the 8 minutes running (in between brisk walking breaks) which got me round the stitch I had after the 2nd section of running and which always stopped me as a child. A few weeks ago in the gym I had run on a treadmill but only managed 3 minutes and had to stop because I was all over the place (just as if I was pissed) and my legs had gone so to do it outside was a good feeling.

Next chapter is Tuesday.

Just for good measure today I cleared up the spent straw from my chicken enclosure and filled to the brim my garden waste bin which I then had to heft up 8 steps (garden is split level) and then walked to morrisions down hill to buy (unintentionally) a total of 12kg worth of various meat which I then had to carry back up hill.

I feel like I have worked! lol

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:13 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
run a fairly effortless sub 24 5k at park run

could probably beat my PB if I really went for it Thinking

cycling hundreds of miles every month might be making me fitter, or maybe just don't notice discomfort so much now

Getting a mate with to drive me to the otherside of Crowland on Monday, then cycle back. Will probably do at least 70 miles, debating how much further to try and push it. 78miles is my record, too soon to try the hundred?

Really, really, really, need to get a decent road bike. But oh well, it'll be all the sweeter when I get one after slogging this hybrid about.

87 mile bicycle ride, second fastest average speed, and for the first hour, a (for me) blisteringly fastest average ever.

Could probably have carried on and done 100, but I got back into town just before rush hour, and decided to call it a day.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 20:55 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

With no Shooting tonight I decided that tonight was night 2 of the c25k and did everything in reverse - literally.

Straight from getting home from work went out on the run/walk and did the reverse route but ran a bit more than I should of done and consequently had to extend around the estate more on the cool down 5 mins before getting home. After tea another round of weights.

I don't feel as wrecked as Saturday night in my legs and I still had a bit of ache from Saturday so to have done better has made me feel chuffed.

Next instalment is Wednesday. Then I should start week 2 on Saturday night.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:09 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stephen_o wrote:
. Then I should start week 2 on Saturday night.

How about Saturday morning instead? Thumbs Up
https://www.parkrun.org.uk/thewammy/

I guarantee you won't finish anywhere near last.

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 12:15 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx1138 wrote:
stephen_o wrote:
. Then I should start week 2 on Saturday night.

How about Saturday morning instead? Thumbs Up
https://www.parkrun.org.uk/thewammy/

I guarantee you won't finish anywhere near last.

Wow! I knew nothing about that, its only 5 mins walk from my house but I work 6 days a week so I couldn't make it at the moment, If my fitness improves and I complete the C25k then I will want to challenge myself a bit so I could alter my opening hours to suit. The way the business is at the moment its certainly possible.

Thanks for the find.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:30 - 28 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

did a 5k today, in just over 25minutes

not too shabby, considering it was raining, I had to cross roads, and dodge umbrella wielding pedestrians - and less than 48hours earlier was pedaling a bicycle all day

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:41 - 28 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did day 3 of week 1 of the C25K tonight. Was late getting home from work but went straight out on the run/walk.

On Saturday night I had stitch after the 2nd section of running but it had eased off by the 4th go, On Monday night I didn't have any stitch and I tried to run for slightly longer during the voice announcements.

Tonight from the moment the app started to say "its time (to start your run)" I started running and after it had said stop each time I counted to 10 before stopping. I had to extend my route again because of the increased distance.

Quick tea and then weights after. I feel done in a bit now but will be ready for week 2 to start Saturday night.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 2 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 6 of 29