Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Just blame Russia...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:02 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

For once i agree with MPD72. Everything is moving too quickly which is always a bad sign.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:29 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jewlio Rides Again LLB wrote:
Can someone ask our resident clown why he goes on about us being a NATO and EU member, somehow implying that the two are linked? Or did America suddenly join the EU?

Maybe the resident clown assumed (wrongly) you understand the influence NATO power has on the European politics? Laughing

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:43 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ribenapigeon wrote:
Can someone ask our resident clown why he goes on about us being a NATO and EU member, somehow implying that the two are linked? Or did America suddenly join the EU?

Maybe the resident clown assumed (wrongly) you understand the influence NATO power has on the European politics? Laughing

I see. So if we leave the EU, we leave NATO, do we?

Best tell America.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:24 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Noncy McNonceFace Donkersley can't grasp the concept that being in the EU and being in NATO aren't intertwined, and you can indeed have one without the other.

Dozy cunt should stick to falsifying his tax returns.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:50 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see. So if we leave the EU, we leave NATO, do we?

Best tell America.

I'm thinking you don't see at all. To break it down into simpler terms for simpler folk.

UK be member of NATO.
UK be member of European Union.
UK still be member of NATO after Brexit.
UK not be member of European Union after Brexit.
UK put s#!ts up noob European Union states what wur once Comyinist blocheads cos UK be member of NATO and maybe say "fook that" to pitching up to help NoobEUers if heap Big Chief Bear Bolloks goes on a panty raid in NoobEUers drawers.
UK gets big lobby from NoobEUers telling The Brussles Bunch "be nice to UK they biggy NATO firestick and heap big big war magic flame makers. We want know they turn up when we um big knickers get wedgied by Big Chief Bear Bolloks".
UK win win when The Brussels Bunch go "awwww merde zee Breetish bustards av been up to their damn sneaky tricks again!"

Of course I don't know what this clown figure you're going on about thinks but seems I predicated the first half of the game whereas Monsieur Jewlio was busy playing with his own bogeys.

It's not all bad though. I'm happy to help you fill out a council tax exemption form. (you'd get exemption for lack of mental capacity). Smile

Jewlio Rides Again LLB
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:04 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, can you speak English, I don't grasp fuckwit all that well?

I also think you don't understand Mental Capacity as well as you think you do, which coincidentally most folk with mental issues have the same delusion.

Ribenapigeon
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:05 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think you don't understand Mental Capacity as well as you think you do, which coincidentally most folk with mental issues have the same delusion.

Im no fan of the grammar nazis but in this case they have a my support.

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:05 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feck me, around a 100 Russian diplomats expelled in collective action! Surely, there must be more evidence of Russian state involvement in the Skripal attack than is in the public eye?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

duhawkz
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:17 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
Feck me, around a 100 Russian diplomats expelled in collective action! Surely, there must be more evidence of Russian state involvement in the Skripal attack than is in the public eye?

Nope isis did it and the other countries are just playing their part to strength the case for team eu.
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:25 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 probably watches the horses head scene in The Godfather and thinks, "Who on earth put that there?"
Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:50 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawasaki Jimbo wrote:
mpd72 probably watches the horses head scene in The Godfather and thinks, "Who on earth put that there?"
Laughing

The official line is that Russia is highly likely to be behind the attack.

mpd72 and myself agree that this is probably the case, but would prefer to be certain before causing irreparable damage to relations between our nations.

We are fucked now, if they did or didn't.

That is our point.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:09 - 26 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What evidence would it take to be certain?

Russia will never admit it was them, even if you waved categoric proof in their face.

I have to admit, I'd like to be presented with evidence that you and I can judge for ourselves from, but even then there'd be cries that the evidence is fake or doctored.

In the end you need to decide which side you trust more, because it'll always fall down to faith in the East or the West rather than admission or undeniable proof.

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:32 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

c_dug wrote:
What evidence would it take to be certain?

Well I'd like at least for the result of the tests to come back first.

Lord Percy
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 05:08 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such obvious bollocks, sorry but it just is. As if a Russian agent would be that bad at committing assassination Laughing . Ask yourself this: If you were tasked with killing a British person in another country on behalf of your government, how would you do it?

Note how bad things never seem to happen at the same time. Soon as ISIS stopped being the number one threat, Russia step up and have their turn? It doesn't work like that... unless it's a manufactured narrative handily megaphoned by a lazy mainstream media with vested interests.

Also note that this will nicely turn the public against 'communist' left wing politics, which the guilded establishment greatly fears at the moment.

Whatever may or may not have happened, the current hysteria is almost entirely being spun for giant political gain.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:18 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

<Sigh!>
Like the horses head, it's an obvious message but still deniable. It says we were here, we'll do what we want, don't cross us.

It suits the Russian leaders to paint 'The West' as the cause of all their ills, particularly at election time. Now a few of their embassy workers will be sent away (replaced) and there will be faux-indignation about that.
The world's smallest violin player, just for you!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 08:48 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
As if a Russian agent would be that bad at committing assassination Laughing . Ask yourself this: If you were tasked with killing a British person in another country on behalf of your government, how would you do it?

If they just wanted him dead, he'd have been shot.

Poisoning him using a nerve agent when he's living quietly in a Wiltshire city years after he betrayed his comrades isn't an assassination. Laughing

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:52 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a list of the most prominent killings supposedly ordered by Putin:

Boris Nemtsov 2015 shot found dead
Boris Berezovsky 2013 Strangulated found dead
Stanislav Markelov and Anastasia Baburova 2009 Shot found dead
Sergei Magnitsky 2009 beaten to death in police custody
Natalia Estemirova 2009 shot found dead
Anna Politkovskaya 2006 shot found dead
Paul Klebnikov — 2004 shot found dead
Sergei Yushenkov 2003 shot found dead

Litvinenko and Skirpel both poisoned with Russian derived toxins.

Yet this is supposed to be accepted blindly?
It's clear as day that Russias hit men are just like everyone elses. Efficient. Poorly poisoning on two occasions stinks of a botch job.

When did it become the norm for people to just believe, without question?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:02 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
It's such obvious bollocks, sorry but it just is. As if a Russian agent would be that bad at committing assassination Laughing

All I'll say is, the Russian/Soviet security services do have a track record for bungling things, as do others. So that on its own isn't a particularly persuasive argument.

No, I'll say something else Smile
All of the people saying it isn't the Russian state are advancing proposals that have as little proof as those saying it is. Neither seems terribly smart in my view.

I'd say, on balance of probability, it's likely to be Russia. But a) that's not proof, and b) I think the UK government reacted badly.
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:39 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Percy wrote:
If you were tasked with killing a British person in another country on behalf of your government, how would you do it?

Depends on whether I had a message to send with it, what that message was, and to whom I wanted it sent. Also, on how vulnerable I might be to possible consequences.
Unfortunately for Putin, his own rhetoric about traitors has not helped him if he turns out not to be responsible for Skripal. So if he's not, then he hasn't been very smart with that.

Quote:
Note how bad things never seem to happen at the same time. Soon as ISIS stopped being the number one threat, Russia step up and have their turn? It doesn't work like that..

But sometimes, it does work like that, especially if you don't want something to be lost among other news.

Quote:
Whatever may or may not have happened, the current hysteria is almost entirely being spun for giant political gain.

And you are surprised about this because...?

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:59 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one other thing that bugs me about Putin. If he were so keen to just get on with things in a benign manner, why would he start boasting about his new, supposedly undefeatable missiles, capable of carrying nuclear warheads, and then broadcast openly a simulation of them apparently raining down on Florida? Just before elections and the World Cup? What kind of message did he think the west would take from that? And did NATO/the EU provoke him to invade Ukraine? What did we do to make such action justifiable? And is ramping up rhetoric on nuclear weapons a cool and considered response to NATO taking a clearly defensive posture in the Baltic states? Who is pushing who here?

Just a few thoughts Smile

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:06 - 27 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chickenstrip wrote:
There is one other thing that bugs me about Putin. If he were so keen to just get on with things in a benign manner, why would he start boasting about his new, supposedly undefeatable missiles, capable of carrying nuclear warheads, and then broadcast openly a simulation of them apparently raining down on Florida? Just before elections and the World Cup? What kind of message did he think the west would take from that?

Not that any result was in doubt, but...

He was in the run up to an election, so wanted to make Russia look as strong as possible to gain support. He wants the backing of the people, and as always, one way of doing that is military might, and how he can stand up to those in the West.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 3 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 8 of 35