Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

HPI Check, Wheres best?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 15:49 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: HPI Check, Wheres best? Reply with quote

I'm possibly picking up a new bike at the weekend. I wanted to get a HPI mainly if I'm honest because I reckon it could be CAT C/D and want to use that to haggle. Laughing

Where is best/cheapest? Was there a bloke on the forum that did them?

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:15 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://selling.autotrader.co.uk/find-bike

Sign up with facebook or other means if not already signed up, go through the steps to "sell" the bike. 2nd step will tell you if it's a write off or not on the right hand side

tested with my written off fazer.

https://i.imgur.com/rG5uL33.png
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:27 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

What year TDM900 are you purchasing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red

PostPosted: 17:45 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:

Embarassed

Laughing

ULEZ compliant Thumbs Up

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:49 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:

Sign up with facebook or other means if not already signed up, go through the steps to "sell" the bike. 2nd step will tell you if it's a write off or not on the right hand side

Interesting, it doesn't seem to be infallible - my NC700 was written off in 2014 (beyond economic repair), I bought it back from the insurers and fixed it (just a handlebars/levers type of affair - ignored the scratched paintwork) - on Autotrader it doesn't show up as a Cat-anything.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 17:49 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, good guess Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:58 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
Interesting, it doesn't seem to be infallible - my NC700 was written off in 2014 (beyond economic repair), I bought it back from the insurers and fixed it (just a handlebars/levers type of affair - ignored the scratched paintwork) - on Autotrader it doesn't show up as a Cat-anything.

No idea why that might be - I do know that a lot of bikes recently weren't showing up on records as being damage repaired. If it's not there, don't declare? Razz
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

Vracktal
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:59 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Embarassed

Laughing

ULEZ compliant Thumbs Up

Only if it's 2007 57 Wink

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 19:17 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:
chris-red wrote:

ULEZ compliant Thumbs Up

Hmmm... I have a 2007 Chinese POS, imported from IoM in 2010 and on a 2010 plate. Compliant? Laughing

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:41 - 15 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

chris-red wrote:

Laughing

ULEZ compliant Thumbs Up

I thought they canned them rather than make them Euro3?

Still, my "2008" carbed Enfield is apparently Euro3 for ULEZzery, so Shhh!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:09 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

goto10 wrote:
TheMadRatter wrote:

It might not have been recorded, my MT-03 wasn't in 2014 either. Also I haven't tested it in a while but autotrader used to only display if it was a write-off on the desktop site.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 00:45 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
I haven't tested it in a while but autotrader used to only display if it was a write-off on the desktop site.

I'm on the desktop site - I don't mind checking for others Smile

chris-red

PostPosted: 10:24 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vracktal wrote:

Nope it came in at some point in 2006 AFAIK all 2007 bikes are OK.

goto10
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:09 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:
goto10 wrote:

No idea why that might be - I do know that a lot of bikes recently weren't showing up on records as being damage repaired. If it's not there, don't declare? Razz

TBH the sort of person who'd be interested in buying my NC _really_ wouldn't care about any cat c/d markers on it Wink

STONEY!
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 21:41 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the proper HPI checks via vin number or reg number. They are £20 a go (cost me near enough that but it doing a few keeps my account open).

The main thing I use it for is getting the reg number from vin numbers or getting the vin number of a bike from the registration which is handy if your buying a bike without documents as I've had people try it on with hooky plates!

The other good thing about a proper HPI Check is it checks for outstanding finance which 99% of the cheaper checks dont.

andys675
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:41 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

gumtree ads tell you the basics, so what I did was got the reg of the bike I was looking at and put it up for sale on gumtree, looked at the ad saw it was clean then pulled the ad quickly, still got some scammer trying it on though!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:35 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andys675 wrote:
gumtree ads tell you the basics, so what I did was got the reg of the bike I was looking at and put it up for sale on gumtree, looked at the ad saw it was clean then pulled the ad quickly, still got some scammer trying it on though!

That's the advantage of the autotrader method (you don't have to create the ad'). I've noticed some Gumtree ads display more details than others?

Surely a seller could enter a different reg' though?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1