Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

TV Show Box Sets

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Nexus Icon
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:13 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Jessica Jones S2 drops on Netflix tomorrow. I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked S1, and will even forgive them releasing on International Wamen's Day.

Have you watched it yet?

I have. I don't really know what to say because I wanted to enjoy it more than I did. I will still go back for more, if there's another series, but it wasn't as fulfilling as the first.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:33 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are gonna hate me for suggesting that "Love" on Netflux looks like it might be promising. The first episode is quite funny. But with Pathos.

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 03:03 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, okay ... just tell your wives to watch it. At least you'll get an extra hours peace and quiet.

But it is funny.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:25 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
M.C wrote:
Given it a few episodes and was gonna bail until I saw Tom Hardy's in season 2. Does it get better or stay the same? It's ok, I like the accents Smile, it's just not amazing so far.

It's great, but yeah a little slow out of the blocks. There are some truly great moments, and not much filler episodes once it starts rolling. I particularly like the cinematography and soundtrack to it, its modern style added to an old setting works superb, I'm amazed it's not more commonplace.

Ok I finished all of it... a few days ago Shifty It does get better, I'd say maybe series 3 wasn't as good as 2 or 4 though. I really liked Tom Hardy's character (and Sam Neill). My slight criticism is the plot can be quite convoluted, having characters explain what's going on isn't great. But I think if you just sort of go with it it's really enjoyable. I'm looking forward to the next series although... Crying or Very sad

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:46 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest boxset arrived Sunday Afternoon, Mission Impossible the original TV series which came in a CAKE BOX... all 7 seasons.

Since the arrival I started watching season 4, I have seen seasons 1-3 on satellite. (season 3 is on now CBS ACTION)

Tracey Suntan-King
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:38 - 20 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
There's not enough love for Peaky Blinders in this thread.
It's simply the best thing the BBC have ever produced, unless someone can prove otherwise?

9/10

Agree with this post for series 1 & 2, it went right off after that. There was an element of realism at first that went right off later on.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:17 - 20 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tracey Suntan-King wrote:
Pjay wrote:
There's not enough love for Peaky Blinders in this thread.
It's simply the best thing the BBC have ever produced, unless someone can prove otherwise?

9/10

Agree with this post for series 1 & 2, it went right off after that. There was an element of realism at first that went right off later on.

Well it seems to suffer from the will we be renewed problem other series have had (Z Nation Season 1>2 for example). They want to go out with a bang, but then have to 'fix' the story.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:56 - 01 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
Thanks to some snow days I have binged my way through series 1 and 2 of The Good Place. Interesting idea but the ending to series 1 didn't really fit in with the direction that the show was going in overall so consequently series 2 (for me) wasn't as good.

Having just mainlined both, I'd say that the denouement of S1 is superb. Re-watching it with Mrs Borg (I taste-taste everything for her) with foreknowlege of where it's going, it's literally amazing how much literally everything in it is literally a set up for that literal pay off.

S2 was a tougher job for the writers, but I reckon they just about held it togther.

Either way, it's fun, frothy, and frolicky. The casting is spot on, they're keeping it toight, and it's reeeeally hard not to like it.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 22:59 - 01 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:45 - 01 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started watching the tick, Amazon prime, a couple of episodes in and thoroughly enjoying it!

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:03 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never watched Criminal Minds before.
Got access to Sky over the weekend so am bingeing while I can.

Someone recently told me they thought that I was like a brunette version of "Garcia", so I had to know if it was true. So ... kinda sorta, I can see why they'd say that, yeah-but no-but ...

Am still only up to about number 8 in series 1.
It's alright though, innit. Cool Thumbs Up

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 02:04 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never really seriously watched Criminal Minds before.

Someone recently told me they thought that I was like a brunette version of "Garcia", so I had to know if it was true. So ... kinda sorta, I can see why they'd say that, yeah-but no-but ...

Am still only up to about number 8 in series 1.
It's alright though, innit. Cool Thumbs Up

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:20 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
Never really seriously watched Criminal Minds before.

Tried watching that and didn't like it, however Criminal minds Beyond borders is very good, available on ALIBI at the moment and pops up on WATCH channel....

AT the moment I'm still on my Mission Impossible binge, I'm on Season 5 right now. (whilst ripping Star Trek TNG at the same time)

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 13:11 - 02 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
You guys are gonna hate me for suggesting that "Love" on Netflux looks like it might be promising.

Try the Gaspar Noé movie, "Love". Brilliant Thumbs Up

Although very nsfw Laughing

G
The Voice of Reason

PostPosted: 16:46 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a box set yet; not released yet.

But just seen there's a TV adaptation of The City & The City by China Miéville out this month - I'm a big fan of all his books and Counterpart has shown this genre can be treated a bit more sympathetically than the rather 'American' The Man in the High Castle.

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:29 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been watching a box set of Babylon 5. I'm now probably three quarters through it. I'd score it 5 out of 10, or 5.5 if I'm allowed half marks. It's pretty shit for so many reasons but I did feel compelled to soldier on with it after I'd bought it.

In some ways it's more like '90s Dr. Who. The sets are shit, the acting is often shit, the costumes are shit, the plots are crap, the special effects are pants - and in light of DS9 there's not really any reason for it have ever existed. If anyone tells you they prefer B5 to DS9, as a human being it is your duty to hold them in dim regard and to view them as a subspecies unworthy of your full respect.

https://cms.thedigitalfix.com/television/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2018/01/Babylon-5-Londo-and-GKar.jpg

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125
G This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Diggs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:03 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished the second season of Fargo. I highly recommend it. Kirsten Dunst's finest moment....

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 19:37 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

G wrote:
trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:
The sets are shit, the acting is often shit, the costumes are shit, the plots are crap, the special effects are pants - and in light of DS9 there's not really any reason for it have ever existed.

https://media.giphy.com/media/TevnzIRhXZJTi/giphy.gif
You sir, have made me resort to a gif. A sad day.

Ok ok - good things. They have gravity drives. The trek franchise never dealt with that and indeed ignored it entirely. Enterprise gets knackered - all life support systems failing. But miraculously everyone's walking around as usual.

All that said, nobody ever floats passed on B5 despite the amount of pounding the station sometimes takes.

Mobylette Type 50 ---> Raleigh Grifter ---> Neval Minsk 125

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:25 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

trevor saxe-coburg-gotha wrote:

Never have I ever more enjoyed slipping a hand under my kilt while bestowing an Informative.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:40 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting the brakes on the Mission Impossible box set, middle of season Five and it's getting a tad boring now. SO now I'm back on Star Trek TNG.

I've already ripped the first season so I can watch that on my Tablet.

Hong Kong Phooey
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:47 - 03 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Altered Carbon gets 7/10 from me.
Big budgets don't normally guarantee good things, but the money was spent well and the contrived plot devices made sense in the end.

Don't know where they're going with it if it comes back for a second series, given that the lead actor is not guaranteed to stay as the same guy with all the body swapping that can take place.

Going
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 02:58 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Altered Carbon gets 7/10 from me.

It's was OK, I can only remember 3 parts of it though. The Ending and the other 2 maybe for getting the ratings up Wink

Pjay
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:02 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legion Season 2 has started airing.

There goes my sanity.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:24 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marvel's The Defenders.

Eh.

You get a Blindy McLaywer bit and you sort of care because of Babyvamp Jessica, but there's no Wilson Fisk and then

You get a Jessica Jones bit and you kind of care because daaaaaaamn, Krysten Ritter's nose, and her gal pals, but then

You get a god awful cringeworthy Hipster Appropriationfist bit and you really, really don't care except for that Asian babe that for some reason hangs out with him and then

You get a Luke Cage bit and it's all right for blaxploitation, I guess, and there's that racky quadroon and that plump lipped octaroon chick and then

THEY ALL FITE!!!!!!11!!! AND THEN

but y? and then

There's Sigourney Weaver who's clearly appearing in a completely different and much better series and then

TEHY ALL FITE TOGITHAR!!!!! AND THEN

Eh.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:55 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pjay wrote:
M.C wrote:
It has started on e4. Not sure yet (2 episodes in), it probably doesn't help they keep showing all the funny bits in the promos. It does feel a little bit like a naff Malcolm in the Middle so far.

It's not great but I enjoy it.
It is a naff Malcolm in the Middle.

It's ok. Watchable, and I like having a short series (<30 min' episodes) on the go to watch with meals etc.. The episode with a certain cameo appearance was hilarious Very Happy

Hong Kong Phooey wrote:
Don't know where they're going with it if it comes back for a second series, given that the lead actor is not guaranteed to stay as the same guy with all the body swapping that can take place.

Or Actress à la Dr Who. Or a mixed race transgender midget for maximum appeasement?

Rogerborg wrote:
THEY ALL FITE!!!!!!11!!! AND THEN

but y? and then

There's Sigourney Weaver who's clearly appearing in a completely different and much better series and then

TEHY ALL FITE TOGITHAR!!!!! AND THEN

Eh.

That's every superhero group movie for me, yes even The Avengers. I don't know why you can't have A film/series about A character... oh I know why because they need a launch pad for the next character, and tying everything together in a convoluted mess means you really need to watch the stuff you aren't even that interested in to know what's going on.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Random Banter All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 29 of 61