Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Finally passed mod 1

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 20:32 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Finally passed mod 1 Reply with quote

i know I get a lot of stick here but I cant help but mention... i passed my Mod1 today... After failing it back in mid December. I went through a bit of hell trying to get it done.

Basically I had a lot of trouble with the first training centre. They fussed me around, kept delaying me and then simply stopped replying to any communication from me... Then the snow hit... And after that I found another trainer...

The new guy is amazing. We did tons of training on Day 1... 7:15 start there finished around 4:30 in the afternoon... i was shattered. Everything ached...

A day and then today... A little more practice in the morning to get rid of the jitters... And then straight to Lynn for the test.

And I passed Very Happy The examiner was great too. Really kept me calm...

So the test. I did get two minors. Right at the beginning I forgot to do one observation. And in the swerve manoeuvre I took it a little hard.

But at one point I thought i had screwed up... During the emergency stop the examiner came up to me, seemed a little perplexed and said to me. Just wait there put it into neutral and we will have a chat....

Right away i thought... Fekk. Did I just do something so wrong that he was going to end the test right there? D:

Well he came back a moment later and basically said. I knew you hit the right speed, and he then confirmed it was 53km, basically the speed trap went flooky... His handheld readout stopped working and it wasnt me doing anything wrong... Anyway...

Huge relief... And i passed Very Happy So roll on mod2 next week...

rpsmith79
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:41 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, and at least thats the hard bit out of the way, Mod 2 is a breeze

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:15 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huzzah!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:33 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats. Thumbs Up

I detested mod 1. Thumbs Down

Good luck with mod 2. It's a breeze by comparison. Very Happy

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:52 - 16 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Finally passed mod 1 Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
i know I get a lot of stick here

Not from me you don't. Well done chap!
Beehive Bedlam This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:25 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Finally passed mod 1 Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Mod1 today... I passed .

Thumbs Up top banana Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:49 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Finally passed mod 1 Reply with quote

NutsyUk wrote:
Basically I had a lot of trouble with the first training centre. They fussed me around, kept delaying me and then simply stopped replying to any communication from me.

Who should people be avoiding?

NutsyUk wrote:
The new guy is amazing

To whom should they be giving their business?

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:20 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Name and shame, area and centre/instructor, and *why* people should avoid.

NutsyUk
Nearly there...

PostPosted: 13:53 - 17 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno about naming and shaming as tbh maybe it was me?
I dont think it was but it wouldnt be fair if it turned out to be me...

Anyway i would however fully endorse and recommend Anglia Training...
https://www.anglia-training.co.uk/home.asp
dont let the slightly dated website fool you.

Andy is the guy who runs the courses and does all the work. There situated on a gocart track and so get plenty of time to practice on the track.

Andy is friendly honest and a damn good guy... He wont bullshit you though, you do something wrong he WOULD tell you but he wont be sarky about it, he wants you to pass and he wont put you forward for the test if he felt your not ready.

You would also get good bang for buck as well. His prices are about the same as the others, but you certainly get more high quality time and training for it.
7:15 start after all Very Happy

Oh i would warn however the only downside, to get to the location you go through a turkey farm. And the farm road is pot holled to hell... Take it easy going through there.
Boddee This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Confusing). Unhide this post / all posts.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 06:37 - 18 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 12 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1