Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

SP30 points (just ordinary vehicle caught speeding)

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Teflon-Mike
tl;dr

PostPosted: 06:35 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Points get 'put' on the licence, as in 'displayed' whether on the paper/plastic/virtual; elecrical-widget, and count towards ban under 'tot-up' for 3-years.
They are 'displayed' on the licence, and you cannot get them 'taken off' for 4-years, so any-one you may have to show your licence to, can see you have had points, but they have lapsed.

Clear as mud? Did you expect anything civil disservices do to make much 'sense'?

Add on Edd: Actually it is a bit confusing. I actually still have old paper licence.... cant find a camera that dont break to take a mug shot of my ugly visage..... it actually has 12-points 'showing' on it..... none of them are valid, and I have never been disqualified, as they don't count for tot-up.

None of them are actually 'valid' any-more anyway, as they are all over, I thought it was 5-years, it was mandatory for them to stay showing; and I have never 'renewed' my licence for them to re-issue a fresh one without the points printed on it (or, infact I think bic-biro'd on for a couple!) and I think that there was only a period of about three months I actually had more than 3-points 'valid' on my licence, where expiry periods over-lapped.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 10:28 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

But you'll often have to declare them to your insurance for five years (if they ask you).

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:27 - 19 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: SP30 points (just ordinary vehicle caught speeding) Reply with quote

Shank69 wrote:
So it says on the website the points are valid for 3 years but stay on licence for 4 years Confused
What does it mean to be valid then if it's not to stay on license?
Bit unsure what this means

As others have said, points on your licence are valid for 3 years for totting purposes (12 points = disqualification)

But they stay on your driving record for 4 years ... so if you're up before a magistrate for driving offences and they are interested in your past record, they'll be able to see offences from up to 4 years ago

These are all based on the date of offence, not conviction.

Insurance companies usually ask about offences or points within 5 years. Go figure.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 29 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1