Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Stolen Bikes/Peds In That London

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:40 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:
12+ years for Derrryk, yay. Except it's not necessarily, because despite "the starting point for one of these offences [being] 12 years, [...] when I am dealing with six offences involving acid coupled with robberies it has to be more". Could be 13, less 1/3rd for the Didit it plea, under 9 years, out in 4 1/2. Let's see.

12+ years you say?

At this rate he'll be out by tea time tonight. Sad

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:32 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, OK, harsher than I thought. A whole 10 1/2, so out in 5 1/4.

I mean, unless we have another clearout to make room for more.

At this point, judges might as well declare "50 years without the possibility of parole!" then when they're led from the dock, the G4S geezer winks and say "Out the back door, see you next week."

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 14:48 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Wow, OK, harsher than I thought. A whole 10 1/2, so out in 5 1/4.

I think this counts as an "extended sentence" as it's over 4 years. As such, the following would apply

Quote:
Extended sentences were introduced to replace the previous IPP sentences and are only given to offenders aged 18 or over who are considered a significant risk to the public. An extended sentence may given to an offender aged 18 or over when:

they are guilty of a specified violent or sexual offence
the court assesses the offender as a significant risk to the public of committing further specified offences
a sentence of imprisonment for life is not available or justified; and
the offender has a previous conviction for an offence listed in schedule 15B to the Criminal Justice Act 2003 or the current offence justifies an appropriate custodial term of at least four years.
The judge decides how long the offender should stay in prison and also fixes the extended licence period up to a maximum of eight years. The offender will either be entitled to automatic release at the two thirds point of the custodial sentence or be entitled to apply for parole at that point.

So 10.5 years, out at 2/3 - he'll be out 2025. Potentially not if he's denied parole.
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:29 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheMadRatter wrote:
are only given to offenders aged 18 or over

Boyz will be boyz.

Out in 4, with time served.

Reminder, John Worboys was all set to be let out on parole. He's never even admitted doing anything wrong. Full hearing tomorrow - place your bets now.

TheMadRatter
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:04 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
TheMadRatter wrote:
are only given to offenders aged 18 or over

Boyz will be boyz.

Out in 4, with time served.

Reminder, John Worboys was all set to be let out on parole. He's never even admitted doing anything wrong. Full hearing tomorrow - place your bets now.

Do we need a confession to seek prosecution and sentencing upon conviction?!

And fair does, thought he was over 18 for some reason. Should have been tried as an adult. Weird that the sentencing guidelines are for <18, or 18 and over, yet the YOI's are for prisoners up to 21 years and 10 months old.
CM125 X|GZ125 X|Cagiva Elefant X|GL1200 ✓|Aprilia Classic X|GSX400T X|Kymco Hipster ✓|Kymco Zing X|XV535 X|VL750P X|FZ6 ✓|FJ1100 X|Desperado ✓|Countless Chinese imports ✓|Rialto Trike ✓|Countless forgotten rides

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:42 - 12 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/26/keep-young-offenders-out-of-adult-prisons-mps-urge

The MPs say that the most recent evidence shows that young people are reaching adult maturity five to seven years later than they did a few decades ago, which is affecting the age at which most typically grow out of crime.

When you read sentences like that you know we're doomed.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:23 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
^ https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/oct/26/keep-young-offenders-out-of-adult-prisons-mps-urge

The MPs say that the most recent evidence shows that young people are reaching adult maturity five to seven years later than they did a few decades ago, which is affecting the age at which most typically grow out of crime.

I'd say they're actually growing up faster, but not learning to take responsibility, until 5-7 years later.

DrSnoosnoo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:24 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:

It's very much a lack of ability to accept responsibility for themselves. But then the Gubmint goes to say this, giving people more of an excuse to not take responsibility... It is becoming harder for me to accept the general population. Bring back the work houses!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:46 - 13 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just in case you were mental enough to use a disc lock as your sole protection... even for just 5 mins while you nip in somewhere.... Don't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vrjq2DawQqY

Also not much advantage using a stainless body
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gKJeWzeKlM

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 00:17 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-41899603

'The Met Police told us there were 24,329 crimes committed using a moped in the year to February 2018. This compares to 10,170 in the previous 12 months, but they say new tactics are starting to make a difference.'

Hang on...
'Met Commissioner Cressida Dick said [in Oct' 2017] she had been shocked by the "extraordinary rise" in moped crime but said offences fell by 24% between June and September.'

Can someone get Diane Abbott on the phone? Eh? I call BS moped crimes would fall during the summer with that annual increase.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:15 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could slash "moped" crime overnight by the simple expedient of telling coppers to record it correctly as "scooters", then only collating crimes containing "moped".

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:05 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then slash scooter crime by defining maxi-scooters. The explanation in the article was slightly odd:

This type of offence is often referred to as moped crime but often they in fact involve high powered scooters
...very true.

A moped has an engine capacity of not more than 50 cc. It won't go any faster than 30mph
...or technically 28 mph but yeah.

A scooter also has a step-through frame but has an engine size of between 50cc and 150cc.
...why 150cc? Eh?

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:23 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5533855/Gang-mopeds-try-steal-TV-camera-bridge-Thames.html

Is they nicking anything they can get now? Not gonna be able to ebay a 250k tv camera easily.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 20:33 - 23 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assumed that they had something else planned in that location if they managed to remove the camera.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:45 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5533855/Gang-mopeds-try-steal-TV-camera-bridge-Thames.html

Is they nicking anything they can get now? Not gonna be able to ebay a 250k tv camera easily.

I just read that, one scooter stopped traffic, if I was in that car I would run the cunt over.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 01:01 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courier265 wrote:
if I was in that car I would run the cunt over.

Liar

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:13 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

Liar

https://youtu.be/-MjyOATuOH8?t=18s

In the work van no question I'd do the same. My car... err Razz

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 01:43 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Is they nicking anything they can get now?

Is they ever was not?

We have to kill them.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:58 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
Courier265 wrote:

https://youtu.be/-MjyOATuOH8?t=18s

In the work van no question I'd do the same. My car... err Razz

shouldn't really matter, these scumbags need to get very badly hurt.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:05 - 24 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well go on then. Thumbs Up

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:08 - 30 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetPlod engage in more #VictimBlaming.

It's scooterists' fault for leaving their tempting trinkets out in plain view, unsecured. They're practically begging for it.

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2018/march/met-police-theft-campaign/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGzeoCNDbKw

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:53 - 30 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A white XJ6 09 plate turned up in the parking spot right next to my bike this morning. Seemed quite odd as we know the neighbour and she has no vehicle. It had a lot of extras, renthal bars, aftermarket spring, levers etc but no locks and no cover and it was pissing with rain. We live on a long quiet culdesac and recognise most of the local vehicles, but have never seen this bike. 🤔

Left and spent the day out, when I got back the bike was still there and I had another look at it. The ignition looked like it had been tampered with, so I checked the plate and confirmed it was stolen, called the police who didn’t seem to give much of a fuck. They said someone would be around at some point to collect it and then called back later and said the owner was coming to collect it. Went downstairs and locked it up to my ground anchor until the guy arrived.

I wasn’t sure if he’d be glad or pissed that it had been found. When he arrived we confirmed the name the police gave us by his ID and he had the keys, so we unlocked it from the ground anchor and he managed to get it started. Shame he was so happy to get it back, he even brought us an Easter egg 🐣 as a thank you. Apparently it was taken a couple miles away in Tooting, he said he usually takes it inside but had left it out unlocked. So gagging for it according to the plod.

Where I park is fairly well hidden off street private parking not from Wimbledon which I guess is why those chose to stash it there. Seems a bit mental as the neighbour said he saw them dropping it off this morning and they seemed fairly nonchalant about it, as they usually do I guess.

I’ve got a camera pointed at the bike but it stupidly wasn’t recording 😔 going to be moving it tomorrow for a better view and get it recording again.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:09 - 31 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hero is you. Thumbs Up

vice wrote:
I checked the plate and confirmed it was stolen

How do? Honest question.

vice wrote:
I’ve got a camera pointed at the bike but it stupidly wasn’t recording 😔 going to be moving it tomorrow for a better view and get it recording again.

Why? Honest question.

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:08 - 31 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
How do? Honest question.

Used the trick you mentioned before, tried to post it for sale on auto trader. The error message was quite generic so I still wasn’t 100% sure, so I ran an HPI check as I had a couple left from a multi check I bought awhile ago and it confirmed. Next time I’ll just use auto trader.

Rogerborg wrote:
Why? Honest question.

When I bought the cam originally it was just to check on the bike remotely if the alarms/tracker triggered to see if it was still there whilst I was out. I configured it to some old network storage which eventually crapped out and died. The bigger issue is the camera is mounted inside pointing outside, at night the infrared lights reflect off the window which means you can’t see much. I’m going to be moving outside under the roof overhang (2nd floor) and reconfiguring the recording today.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:39 - 31 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, right.

I mean, why bother wiring the cam up? It's not like MedPlod will bother even looking at grainy footage of three skinny chavs in dark nondescript hoodies.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 364 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 27 of 36