Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Am i too short?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

Chirp
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 22:47 - 29 Mar 2018    Post subject: Am i too short? Reply with quote

Hey guys. I am about 5 4 and i am wanting to get a 50cc at 16. would i be able to fit an aprilia rs4 50 or a yamazaki? If you have any suggestions on good bikes that are the sport style and 50cc i would love to know too.
Thanks
Addison

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:19 - 29 Mar 2018    Post subject: Re: Am i too short? Reply with quote

Chirp wrote:
Hey guys. I am about 5 4 and i am wanting to get a 50cc at 16. would i be able to fit an aprilia rs4 50 or a yamazaki? If you have any suggestions on good bikes that are the sport style and 50cc i would love to know too.
Thanks
Addison

Try it, if you can find it.

It's not about height but rather leg length (one and two, not the third).

Wouldn't bother chasing your tail over a "sports" 50 cc because will, most likely, be slower than what would be considered "safe" on the roads anyway -- ie: keep up traffic etc.

Get something that will run for a year as cheap as you can and then scrap it or flog it on facebook for a hundred quid or so when you're done and then, when you're 17, think about getting the well recommended YBR 125 until you can do your A2. But we're getting ahead of ourselves, here.

Get yourself a pragmasis 13 mm chain and you'll be better protected than most -- if used with disc lock and steering lock. Avoid Oxford or any shop sold chain.

Probably go with TPO on the insurance, can imagine they'll bum you being young and first time rider etc.

Welcome to the world of "there's always something to buy."

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:34 - 30 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your main problem will be finding a 50cc that hasn't been mullered by generations of 16 years olds trying to "desrestrict" it by hacksawing parts off and twisting random wires together.

As above, buy the cheapest working moped that you can find, sweat it out for a year, then sling it in a ditch and never look back.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:46 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are short and stumpy Thumbs Up don't buy a large "adventure" bike Laughing

On serious note : most 50cc bikes and peds are made with yoof and teenagers in mind.
You shouldn't struggle to much Thumbs Up

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 11:53 - 04 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are too short. You need to be at least 5'4 and 1/2 like me.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 13 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1