Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

US Amazon code

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF...
View previous topic : View next topic  

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:03 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: US Amazon code Reply with quote

Someone in the States wants something I have, he does not have Paypal to pay for it, paranoid so won't sign up, and he has no credit card. He has purchased a $25 Amazon card and sent me the code to pay for the item. It won't work on the UK Amazon site, is there anywhere else that takes Amazon codes that I could spend it, I'm selling a rare CD and he wants it. He can't return the card as he's scratched the code off.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:17 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he won't sign up to Paypal then he's shit out of luck. Since he sounds like a bit of a dick I'd wouldn't be surprised if he tried to fuck you over with a paypal dispute.

He could have bought you an amazon.co.uk gift voucher rather than buying himself an amazon.com gift card which he's now scratched off but that's not your problem. He's now the proud owner of a $25 Amazon.com card. Laughing

He should have paid you with an Amazon.co.uk voucher.

The buyer sounds like too much of a headache so I'd just block him and sell to someone else. It's far too much hassle over less than £20, I simply can't be bothered with idiots like that and domestic sales are so much easier than international ones.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:21 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Ste.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:30 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: US Amazon code Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
He has purchased a $25 Amazon card and sent me the code to pay for the item. It won't work on the UK Amazon site, is there anywhere else that takes Amazon codes that I could spend it, I'm selling a rare CD and he wants it. He can't return the card as he's scratched the code off.

He's the one being a dick; tell him to buy you a £20 Amazon card instead and let you have that (no doubt he won't be able to, any more than you can spend the $20 one). If he's scratched the code than he'll just have to spend the $25 on Amazon himself, won't he?
Amazon codes work on Amazon and that's it (surprisingly)...

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:36 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had much luck selling the CD so I am keen for him to have it.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 22:46 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the rare CD?

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:47 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Presumably equally he wants to buy it though? Despite being a Merkin, he must realise that he's the one being awkward here, trying to pay an overseas seller in 2018 with no PayPal (really?), no credit card, and a US Amazon voucher!

I expect if he bleated to Amazon customer services about his 'accidentally activated' $25 voucher, they'd sort him out - they are usually pretty helpful

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:00 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
So what's the rare CD?

Tiffany, 1987 single, I think we're alone now.

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:03 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Presumably equally he wants to buy it though? Despite being a Merkin, he must realise that he's the one being awkward here, trying to pay an overseas seller in 2018 with no PayPal (really?), no credit card, and a US Amazon voucher!

I expect if he bleated to Amazon customer services about his 'accidentally activated' $25 voucher, they'd sort him out - they are usually pretty helpful

Well all sorted now. I opened an Amazon US account and added the voucher and bought 2 Xbox one games, everything all in just shy of $24.98 including shipping and fees. Xbox One is region free so all good.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:12 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:

His problem therefore don't get involved.

The obscurity of him having no Paypal and only having an Amazon gift voucher in a different currency to what you want would make me question whether the voucher is even his. Something about it just doesn't sound quite right to me, if something about a buyer or a transaction seems questionable then I just block the buyer. If someone asks questions which are clearly answered in the advert then I'm not interested in selling to them so they get put on my blocked bidders list. Trying to pay me using the wrong currency is an easy way to win a place on my blocked bidders list. Laughing

Block the guy and forget about him. Someone else will want to buy the CD sooner or later.

As you can probably tell, I don't have much time for stupid eBay or Facebook buyers (or from anywhere else for that matter) as I just can't be bothered with the hassle they create.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:14 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Ste wrote:
So what's the rare CD?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tiffany-I-Think-We-re-Alone-Now-Rare-1987-CD-Single/392010696592?hash=item5b45a88790:g:enYAAOSwnBJav56W

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 23:25 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much more expensive was it for you to buy the games from Amazon.com instead of from Amazon.co.uk?

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:29 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:

Jeez. £25?? The buyer's clearly lost the plot - block as advised Shocked

King29
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:37 - 07 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
How much more expensive was it for you to buy the games from Amazon.com instead of from Amazon.co.uk?

Exactly the same, there was no benefit. Possibly worse off as have to pay shipping to the US instead of the U.K. So all in all possibly £2-£3 worse off BUT no one was interested in the single. I saw that listing you mentioned just now, looks like $25 was bang on the money Ste.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 357 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1