Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBR600 F2 Fuel leaking overnight

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

mathewculver
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 01:22 - 11 Apr 2018    Post subject: CBR600 F2 Fuel leaking overnight Reply with quote

Have owned the bike for a few years now, been running poor recently since having the bike apart to put on some extra bolts that were missing from previous owner stripping bike down (grab handle bolts etc)

I forgot to put the vacuum pipe on the petcock, so I broke down just around th corner and found out I hadn’t done this, got it connected back up and all has been great.

Since then the motorcycle has done 20 miles or so fine.

Two days ago when I used it, it needed choke and a small rev (always need a small throttle blip to start up) and it started to sound like a broken Subaru Impreza and started kangarooing, so I pulled over and it cut out. Then I turned the engine over and it wouldn’t start, so I tried bump starting her and I got her moving and I kept the revs at 3k to give it a bit of a clear out. I stopped at my destination and left her idling - she idled fine for 5 minutes then cut out. So when I got back on to ride off, again she wouldn’t start. She wouldn’t bump start either, after trying to find the issue and trying to turn her over, she eventually started and got me home (only 1 mike away)

Haven’t used her since , went outside today and there is a puddle of fuel and a visible pouring of fuel down my engine! After taking off the air filter, I can see a pool of petrol in each cylinder! After taking the spark plugs out and carbs off, I turned her over with spark turned off and petrol launched out of the left most cylinder.

I have disassembled the carbs and couldn’t see any dirt and the float valve needles and floats all seem fine- I cleaned the jets too! I tested the petcock whilst it was off the bike and when I applied suction to the vacuum pipe it poured, but didn’t in any position without vacuum ... so I can only assume this works fine? Could the issue be anything to do with my tank breather hoses? (Maybe they weren’t fully connected or something from my previous re attachment of the petcock vacuum hose)?

Any help is appreciated

Also, any idea how I can remove a pan air mixture screw with no screw head as the previous owner seems to have screwed it in all the way pretty much and it’s jammed! I have tried to “cut” my own flat head on to the screw and when I use my driver is just rounds off the new head I made ... so it’s pretty jammed on!

Thanks all !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years, 16 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1