Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Innovv C5 Camera

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

ZebraDriver
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:21 - 10 Apr 2018    Post subject: Innovv C5 Camera Reply with quote

After some recent near SMIDSY events I'm thinking about a camera. I've been looking at an Innovv C5. Has anyone got one? Any comments?

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 10:35 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't really speak for Innovv C5, but i have used an GoPro Hero 5 as a helmet cam when climbing, kayaking and sky diving and it stayed stuck on the helmet, Have used the same camera as a dashcam for the car, and have a few friends who use them as helmet cams on their bikes.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:13 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Innovv C5 Camera Reply with quote

ZebraDriver wrote:
After some recent near SMIDSY events I'm thinking about a camera. I've been looking at an Innovv C5. Has anyone got one? Any comments?

A camera is not going to help your recovery when your dead or in traction at the Royal.

Take time to learn/understand how cnuts behave on the road and save your Stanley Kubrik moments for facetube vlogging.

There are only two things important to you as a biker on our roads.

Can any cnut hit me?
Can I avoid being hit by any cnut?

If you do get a camera, get one that has a long battery life, GPS and can use a micro SDHC card. And buy the expensive SDHCs that write fastest.

And you will possibly look like a Dick with it stuck to your Safety Hat. Smile

pompousporcup...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:58 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i own a contour roam.. i have used a fancy sony one and a couple of the cheapo go pro rip offs (never an official one) and out of all of them, the contour is still going strong after 2+ years, 2 winters, torrential rain and snow and a low speed crash where i rolled quite a bit

They also don't stick out much.. go pros look stupid (imo)

MCN makes a good point though.

Panda1909
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 14:02 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pompousporcupine wrote:
go pros look stupid

That is a good point, they are quite bulbous, especially when you factor in the super case you would want on it for if you do take a long slide.

they can be mounted on the chin (imho, the best place to mount them for a fuller FOV without the added drag) and they look less bad, but still not good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

ZebraDriver
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 17:43 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN

I've been practicing the stuff you mentioned since getting my full licence in 1980 and do realise that a camera doesn't stop me being SMIDSY'd. however it may help in trying to prove what happened......

The Innovv is a permanent bike mounted camera not like go-pro etc

ZD

ocatoro
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:37 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZebraDriver wrote:
MCN

I've been practicing the stuff you mentioned since getting my full licence in 1980 and do realise that a camera doesn't stop me being SMIDSY'd. however it may help in trying to prove what happened......

ZD

problem then is it's field of view. it's going to be very limited compared to something attached to your face which can move around to show what's going on alongside etc when wanted/needed... it can also show that you were behaving/observing properly and safely which a bike mounted camera never will

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:12 - 14 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ocatoro wrote:
ZebraDriver wrote:
MCN

ZD

problem then is it's field of view. it's going to be very limited compared to something attached to your face which can move around to show what's going on alongside etc when wanted/needed... it can also show that you were behaving/observing properly and safely which a bike mounted camera never will

Drive cams have a lens system to provide a wide angle view. Distorts subjects in close-up but should provide some detail.

I have a drive cam in my car that records as soon as I power up.
I agree somewhat that something like this on a bike is a good idea as you normally will not have a witness. It can help in that case.

But I think image quality is as important as witness quality in such things.

So going cheap probably will not be the best solution if you are relying on a camera to back-up a story/statement.

The camera doesn't lie but if it doesn't capture the information then it is only luggage.

I have not looked at the OP Innovv C5 system Embarassed but I will now.

Edit:
It looks like the Dog's.

I am still 'reviewing'

Edit II:
$228 Shocked

Edit III:

Watching a clip from one of the retail sites I can hear the same annoying crackle I get from my car camera. Sad
There must be a filter for that. I use a filter for my GoPro that removes the shake.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 350 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1