Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic : View next topic  

pig hog
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 13:56 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i3arty wrote:
rogerborg wrote:
[from other topic]

That said, it's vanishingly unlikely to become an issue. You'll be on the MID, your Cert won't show your license type, and it's completely legal to ride any bike on a provisionaL while on test. There have been a few folk here who have sat and passed on their own bikes.

Jordan is right that you're only asked to tick a box about insurance, but I'd take your certificate along anyway. I'd expect DSA Derek to take a closer look at the bike for roadworthiness compared to a training school bike, but there's absolutely no reason why you should be refused.

j.m wrote:

Your licensed to ride it whilst under supervision of a trainer or examiner. Get a friend to ride the bike to the test station, then you take it for your test.

So after long research i found those topics that said this

So it looks like, i don't really need to look for temporary ''cover'' for the time of the test because i would be licensed whilst riding under examiner supervision. So that being said i can just ride there on my A2 bike, derestrict it away from examiners sight so i dont hurt their eyes taking of restrictor, and be all prepared high visibility vest, all bike gear, L plates and legal sized plate being vertical and visible and all documents. Very Happy

What? Maybe I've misunderstood what you're referring to but the examiner won't insure your bike for you--you need to do that. You're licensed to ride the bike but being licensed and being insured are separate and both would be required...

If you've insured your bike based on restricted power and then you derestrict it for your test without telling your insurer, then you're effectively riding uninsured. If you've not declared the restriction, then it's probably not an issue.

In the same way that people only 'restrict' their A2 bikes, perhaps no one would ever notice and it wouldn't cause any problems but it's your risk to take and you know how that turned out with your number plate.

talkToTheHat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:50 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pig hog wrote:
In the same way that people only 'restrict' their A2 bikes, perhaps no one would ever notice and it wouldn't cause any problems but it's your risk to take and you know how that turned out with your number plate.

Wasn't there an entertaining thread where a bcfer wasn't restricted enough and in the process of finding a dyno that wasn't the plods own 50cc test rig they managed to set his bike afire?

Not worth the hastle.

Also highvis helps with the attitude test. As does being polite on the phone when your test gets cancelled because it's too cold and the examiner booked a taxi home.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 343 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4