Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Brexit: What do you think will happen?

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:01 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

I dont even know why It's an issue that this stuff could be imported, unless we're going to become a communist state where only this sort of food is on offer, there is a free market of goods of which people are free to choose if they want ' pus milk' , who does VAL think he's kidding?

There is no free market. I like Freeman, but the fact is there is no country in the world that have a free market at the moment.

The problem with "pus milk" and other substandard shit is that the only reason they make shit food is the price. Otherwise everybody would eat organic food.

Here is what happens:

1. Big corp make big plenty of shit food.
2. By making it extremaly cheap they kill all other normal food competition.
3. There is no free market after all othe competitors are killed by substandard shit.

UK have very good farming at the moment which will be killed by the shit. How is that fair or free?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

asta1
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 16:11 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:

to be quite frank, other than paperwork, the EU has sweet FA to do with animal welfare, i know of some real shit holes that as long as the paperwork is filled in, can send their crap on the market, you might get the dairy inspector come round once every 10 years, red tractor which is a seperate regulatory inspectorate come around annually to checkout welfare.

Fair point. Presumably though these 'shit holes' do sell onto the UK market? Doesn't sound like the change in regs would influence your operations, or any RT producer, but the 'shit holes' just become slightly more shit.

Plus there must clearly be enough of a market for this 'low grade' produce in the UK, otherwise why would it be an important negotiation topic in a potential US trade deal? The US department involved obviously believes they can sell US produce with over 400,000 counts if the legislation is changed in the UK, else why would they discuss it at all?

Are UK wholesalers and supermarkets obliged to comply with RT? Must admit I've seen RT milk in Sainsburys et al., but glancing at the bottle in my fridge right now, no mention of it? Interestingly, Sainbury's milk is 97% from British producers, so presumably the other 3% can't be Red Tractor and must be regulated by the EU regs only?

Plus what about secondary producers of dairy? Do they have to comply? I've had a quick look at some Muller and Danone yoghurts, no red tractor compliance mentioned there?

In fact, looking at my fridge right now, there's loads of stuff that proudly proclaims to be British or Soil Association endorsed Organic or EU agriculture compliant, but not a single item labelled as RT. If RT is really a higher standard, and the stuff complies, I'm surprised they don't say so?
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:30 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Otherwise everybody would eat organic food.

You mean about a billion people, tops, would eat stunted, pest nibbled scrapings, while the other 6 billion who absolutely rely on food grown with pesticides or GM Frankengenes starve to death?

That sort of organic food? Or do you imagine there's a magical sort that grows better than it did back around 1800 or so?

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:16 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

You mean about a billion people, tops, would eat stunted, pest nibbled scrapings, while the other 6 billion who absolutely rely on food grown with pesticides or GM Frankengenes starve to death?

That sort of organic food? Or do you imagine there's a magical sort that grows better than it did back around 1800 or so?

Well without all the non organic foods the population would top out at around 2bn anyway.

India and the PRC have had the Malthusian catastrophe numerous times before the cultivation of super hybrid super grains.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 18:55 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Well without all the non organic foods the population would top out at around 2bn anyway.

That's what I just said, but I'd go with 1 billion if by "organic" you mean no GM, no pesticides, and no fossil based fertlisers.

Quadrotriticale 4 life, literally.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:51 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

I dont even know why It's an issue that this stuff could be imported, unless we're going to become a communist state where only this sort of food is on offer, there is a free market of goods of which people are free to choose if they want ' pus milk' , who does VAL think he's kidding?

There is no free market. I like Freeman, but the fact is there is no country in the world that have a free market at the moment.

The problem with "pus milk" and other substandard shit is that the only reason they make shit food is the price. Otherwise everybody would eat organic food.

Here is what happens:

1. Big corp make big plenty of shit food.
2. By making it extremaly cheap they kill all other normal food competition.
3. There is no free market after all othe competitors are killed by substandard shit.

UK have very good farming at the moment which will be killed by the shit. How is that fair or free?

How exactly does 'UK have very good farming''? have you seen the latest figures for the amount of on farm debt?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-41231545

There is a farm down the road from me, with 3000 milk cows, that fills an artic lorry everyday, no matter how supermarkets try, they wont be able to get milk here cheaper than that, so i dont really know why you're involving yourself in an debate you know very little about.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Last edited by Rob Fzs on 13:02 - 13 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:57 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

asta1 wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:

to be quite frank, other than paperwork, the EU has sweet FA to do with animal welfare, i know of some real shit holes that as long as the paperwork is filled in, can send their crap on the market, you might get the dairy inspector come round once every 10 years, red tractor which is a seperate regulatory inspectorate come around annually to checkout welfare.

Fair point. Presumably though these 'shit holes' do sell onto the UK market? Doesn't sound like the change in regs would influence your operations, or any RT producer, but the 'shit holes' just become slightly more shit.

Plus there must clearly be enough of a market for this 'low grade' produce in the UK, otherwise why would it be an important negotiation topic in a potential US trade deal? The US department involved obviously believes they can sell US produce with over 400,000 counts if the legislation is changed in the UK, else why would they discuss it at all?
Are UK wholesalers and supermarkets obliged to comply with RT? Must admit I've seen RT milk in Sainsburys et al., but glancing at the bottle in my fridge right now, no mention of it? Interestingly, Sainbury's milk is 97% from British producers, so presumably the other 3% can't be Red Tractor and must be regulated by the EU regs only?

Plus what about secondary producers of dairy? Do they have to comply? I've had a quick look at some Muller and Danone yoghurts, no red tractor compliance mentioned there?

In fact, looking at my fridge right now, there's loads of stuff that proudly proclaims to be British or Soil Association endorsed Organic or EU agriculture compliant, but not a single item labelled as RT. If RT is really a higher standard, and the stuff complies, I'm surprised they don't say so?

There is numerous regulatory bodies going around covering similar stuff to Rt, if it's not them, it's the RSPCA / Arlagarden or some other quango, farmers hate RT exactly because it's a waste of time, you yourself mention it's not advertised, it should be because you cant sell any significant amount of milk without it, but we're forced to comply and pay for the inspection.

Sainsburies like alot of supermarkets now has their own contracts direct with the farmer that piggyback through Arla or Muller, a mate of mine has a sainsburies contract and he's continuously bogged down with paperwork and being told what to do by Promar.

The 3% is probably Ireland where they probably have a similar body in place, the idea of RT is to differentiate from the global market and prove we have better standards, where it fails is it doesn't add any value, when it first came out it did, but now it's mandatory for everyone to have it, if you dont, you dont sell your milk, you can sell non farm assured beef in the cattle market, but it doesn't recieve the same bonus as RT does and there's not many buyers for it.

I doubt the US agri department is even mentioning it, the US gov every year does a document on what restrictions they have selling in to the EU, the Guardian and other shit stirrers read this and then make a big deal of it.

I only really hear about 'pus milk' when the vegans do their propaganda, and them lot will jump on anything to discredit dairy.
'00 Aprilia RS50 > '92 Honda CG > '99 Yamaha Fazer > '91 Yamaha RXS > '79 Suzuki X5 > 01' Honda Cg > 07' Honda Cg > 82' Kawasaki Z200 > suzuki gsxr 400 gk73a > honda vfr 400 NC30> Yamaha RD350 YPVS F2 > Kawasaki ZZR 600 D1 > Yamaha TZR 250 2MA >Suzuki TL1000R > Yamaha TDR250 > Honda 929 blade > Suzuki SV1000 > Honda H100
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:29 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Davis and Schrodingers trade deal.

Today David was agruing with himself saying that UK will not sign and pay the bill for Withdrawal Agreement with EU unless there is a trade deal agreed AND also saying British and EU regulators can now treat the agreement on transition as if it is legally binding? Laughing

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-04-12/u-k-won-t-pay-brexit-bill-until-trade-deal-is-clear-davis-says

Dully reported by me the famous Schrodingers immigrant:

https://i.imgur.com/jnkY3Vz.jpg

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:28 - 15 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Val wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/jnkY3Vz.jpg

Immigrant, singular?

The issue is the half a million a year (and counting). Half of them can be stealing jobs, half can be claming benefit, and the other half can be stealing jobs and claiming benefit.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:06 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/Gz9APly.png

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:03 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/rME3N17.png

In actual news, <anti-democracy-intensifies.gif>. The establishment elite have started a People's Vote campaign in order to overturn the, uh, people's vote.

All the usual suspects are there, plus Obi Wan Dumbledore from Battlestar Galactica, spouting some space-wizard-gabble. Clapping

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 09:18 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

God DAMMIT, stop with all the good economic news! I'm in danger of not being viewed as cheap 3rd world labour. Mad

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/F9F5/production/_100898936_gbp-usd-nc.16.4.2018.png

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:18 - 17 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remainers problem for over turning the vote is, no one really gives a shit anymore, life goes on with or without the EU, here's what you could of had politics ie growth wont change the everyday voter's opinion, you just have weido's like Val further entrenching themselves in an fringe bunker of conspiracy normal people dont bother to look at.

Jag/landrover blaming brexit because they cant be arsed to build cars that dont try to kill you can go bust, fuck them , Vauxhall will be finished next when the French want to centralise their plants.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:49 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
God DAMMIT, stop with all the good economic news! I'm in danger of not being viewed as cheap 3rd world labour. Mad

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/F9F5/production/_100898936_gbp-usd-nc.16.4.2018.png

It's more dollar weakness than anything else.

Trade wars and the metaphorical nuclear bomb dropped on Washington as in a couple of weeks the PetroRMB is unveiled. Plus two more (oil producing) countries agreed to sell in local currencies to by pass the US$.
Spain 2008France 2007Big one 2009 We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will. In the end, your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it is worth watching.

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 07:51 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Fzs wrote:
stuff.

The funny irony is that you mentioned cheaper soya beans as a net benefit to yourself.

Except the trade war between the PRC and US means US is going to have a massive oversupply of Soya beans...

Not to mention the fact you don't even need Soya beans any more as you got rid of your cattle.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 08:43 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
It's more dollar weakness than anything else.

True, but why is Sterling not junk as well now that we're global pariah-Hitlers?

How about China-China-China? Good heavens, they must be doing really badly too!

https://i.imgur.com/5mSKFKr.png

Well, at least we'll be down against the Euro...

https://i.imgur.com/CPzU92e.png

Wait.. is everyone in the world doing badly except for the UK? Is that it? We're not doing well. We can't be. That would be ideologically incorrect.

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:27 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rob Fzs wrote:
stuff.

The funny irony is that you mentioned cheaper soya beans as a net benefit to yourself.

Except the trade war between the PRC and US means US is going to have a massive oversupply of Soya beans...

Not to mention the fact you don't even need Soya beans any more as you got rid of your cattle.

got rid of the dairy cattle, upping beef numbers and they love Soya

winners and losers, farming is a dead dodo that we're diversifying out of, until the massive amounts of SMP is moved out of intervention, the EU markets never going to react to supply and demand how it should.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Itchy
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:43 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

The issue is the half a million a year (and counting). Half of them can be stealing jobs, half can be claming benefit, and the other half can be stealing jobs and claiming benefit.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/27/nhs-recruits-100-doctors-from-india-only-for-home-office-to-deny-them-all-visas-7504372/

So the NHS recruits 100 doctors from India. Doctors who are on the learn earn and return scheme. So they will leave in three years time.

So what was that about skilled immigration is welcome?

Rob Fzs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:16 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/04/27/nhs-recruits-100-doctors-from-india-only-for-home-office-to-deny-them-all-visas-7504372/

So the NHS recruits 100 doctors from India. Doctors who are on the learn earn and return scheme. So they will leave in three years time.

Tell the arseholes in the civil service that, which is predominantly stuffed full of remainers.
Mod 2 Passed 09/06/2011

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:45 - 29 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Itchy wrote:

If we weren't forced to have such a racist policy of letting in every European who fancies a cash grab, then we'd be able to have a much more diverse immigration and work visa system, wouldn't we?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 10:35 - 30 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well. Remoaner Rudd has fallen on her sword (backwards, between her shoulderblades).

Anonymous back benchers (such heroes) are gnashing their gums over ousting Treasona if she flops on staying enslaved to the insular, protectionist Customs Union.

Far too little, far, far too late, but it might be a giggle.

Val
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:02 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meanhwile academics have found the reason for Brexit and Trump.

tldr; it is nationalism and racism won against globalism and global human values.

I have to say I am not suprised to find out the majority of Brexshitters are nationalistic racist cockwombles (even the ones that deny it) Laughing

https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-brexit-vote-study-science-race-nationalism-8326876
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 333 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Politics & Current Affairs All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 103, 104, 105 ... 521, 522, 523  Next
Page 104 of 523