Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

dynamic mri.. dye and driving

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:03 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: dynamic mri.. dye and driving Reply with quote

tuesday ive got my mot booked in dartford.. groupon special £8.49!

also got kings college hospital appointment for spine, having dye inserted into me and shit.. got to be there at 10 and then have dye done and back for 4..

now in theory if all goes well i could go to kings get the dye done and then rush to dartford for mot.. 45 minutes away, hope mot is speedy then go straight back.. but can you drive still with the dye in your body...

i live 60 ish miles from the mot station so makes sense to do it in 1 go.

does anyone know how long it takes for them to inject the dye and let me go on my way

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 11:27 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-TYRrB3qRDp8/U2FYOPZEAAI/AAAAAAAAeKc/O2ifjsk_jzI/s1600/torchwood-md-lethal-injection-promo.jpg

owl
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:05 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

why would a 18 plate tuono need an mot?

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=324006&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

guessing that was just a demo bike?

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:06 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: dynamic mri.. dye and driving Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:

Any business offering them that cheap are looking to drum up business for themselves by failing bikes.

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
also got kings college hospital appointment for spine, having dye inserted into me and shit.. got to be there at 10

Come on, you've had enough contact with the NHS to know that "10am" is when you'll join the queue of people waiting to be told that their procedures have been delayed / cancelled / lost from the system.

I wouldn't plan on doing anything else that day.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:15 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: dynamic mri.. dye and driving Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Despined_By_Ex wrote:

Any business offering them that cheap are looking to drum up business for themselves by failing bikes.

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
also got kings college hospital appointment for spine, having dye inserted into me and shit.. got to be there at 10

Come on, you've had enough contact with the NHS to know that "10am" is when you'll join the queue of people waiting to be told that their procedures have been delayed / cancelled / lost from the system.

I wouldn't plan on doing anything else that day.

mot is for car, its a groupon offer so who knows.. could be good could be bad fuck knows.. for £8.49 though if it fails for any reason which i very highly doubt its clean as fuck then i know what needs to be done

and youre right.. may just move mot to wednesday and just make an extra trip why not

Andy_Pagin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:18 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: dynamic mri.. dye and driving Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
but can you drive still with the dye in your body...
Depends how much dye...https://i.imgur.com/qrF6J7i.jpg
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:32 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending where they are putting the dye, driving yourself back may not even be an option, never mind a good idea.

If you're having contrast medium put in your spinal fluid, that would probably mean you getting a lumbar puncture. You will feel like utter shite. You can certainly feel dizzy and off-balance after such a thing.

What did the hospital say about you driving after the procedure?

In any case, they will have told EVERYONE they are seeing that day to turn up at 10am then will see such people as bothered turning up as and when they feel like it. Not necessarily in the order they turned up either.

I remember having a rant at the fracture clinic people because I was being asked to turn up at 8.30am which was a physical impossability by public transport so I landed up riding in with a stookie on (which resulted in a bollocking). Then they'd keep me waiting for 3 or more hours, never got away before midday. That's when they said they tell everyone to come at 8.30 and see who turns up. They just said to either get there as soon as I could or to rock up just after lunch Rolling Eyes

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:53 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They managed to inject the dye into my muscle instead of a vein when I had a CT scan.

My right arm looked like Popeye's for the next couple of days.

Last edited by panrider_uk on 14:35 - 18 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

chickenstrip
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:34 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it better just to phone the hospital/clinic and ask them this question?
Chickenystripgeezer's Biking Life (Latest update 19/10/18) Belgium, France, Italy, Austria tour 2016 Picos de Europa, Pyrenees and French Alps tour 2017 Scotland Trip 1, now with BONUS FEATURE edit, 5/10/19, on page 2 Scotland Trip 2 Luxembourg, Black Forest, Switzerland, Vosges Trip 2017
THERE'S MILLIONS OF CHICKENSTRIPS OUT THERE!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 14:49 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MOT will not be speedy.

The docs will not have finished injecting you with stuff in time for you to drive to the MOT.

@chickenstrip.... BCF knows everything.

There's a good chance that the appointment letter says something about how he should arrange for someone to drive him to and from the appointment.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:48 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

i shall move the mot to Wednesday and hope i dont have plans...

i wasnt told i cant drive back.. though its 5 hour appointment ive got so no clue... it is going into my spine, guess ill ring them tomorrow and ask what the procedure is, letter doesn't give any helpful info

https://i.imgur.com/kp3b1VY.jpg

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 17:16 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

The letter does give helpful info. It directs you to a website where you can download a comprehensive guide to what you're having done.

Basically, even the NHS say you have to keep an arms length away from small children.

You will not gain special powers.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:38 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
it is going into my spine, guess ill ring them tomorrow and ask what the procedure is, letter doesn't give any helpful info

Nope, you're having a SPECT scan and the dye will be injected into your vein, not your spine (which is good news for you as that would likely hurt like a bitch).

I had a CT scan myself recently which involved a dye injection, and it certainly didn't stop me driving - but mine wasn't radioactive; ie it was a different dye, so don't rely on that. Made my nuts feel really warm immediately after the injection (a known side effect) but that's another story.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Despined_By_Ex wrote:
it is going into my spine, guess ill ring them tomorrow and ask what the procedure is, letter doesn't give any helpful info

Nope, you're having a SPECT scan and the dye will be injected into your vein, not your spine (which is good news for you as that would likely hurt like a bitch).

I had a CT scan myself recently which involved a dye injection, and it certainly didn't stop me driving - but mine wasn't radioactive; ie it was a different dye, so don't rely on that. Made my nuts feel really warm immediately after the injection (a known side effect) but that's another story.

When I had mine the nurse was less subtle....

'You're going to think you've peed yourself'. Laughing

LustyLew
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:37 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Freddyfruitbat"]
Despined_By_Ex wrote:

I had that too! Very odd feeling!
Pjay This post is not being displayed because it has a low rating (Abusive). Unhide this post / all posts.

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:43 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
When I had mine the nurse was less subtle....
'You're going to think you've peed yourself'. Laughing

Oh yeah, mine told me that too, but personally I thought it was more like central heating in my scrotum Thumbs Up

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:59 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
The MOT will not be speedy.

I agree, have you spoken to them? I wouldn't be surprised if they're stacked with work at the moment.

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 18 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
Made my nuts feel really warm immediately after the injection (a known side effect) but that's another story.

I thought I'd wet myself when I had mine. Laughing

If it's the same injection, you will be fine. I rode home straight afterwards.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:07 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

was all good...

however maybe unrelated, got home chilled then got ready to go to the gym.. felt rather shit on the way so pulled over to vomit, sat back in my chair feeling like death and then woke up an hour later feeling like i had consumed a decent amount of alcohol, dont even remember falling asleep was weird

unless the nurse tried to date rape me but failed on the dosage

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:54 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despined_By_Ex wrote:
was all good...

Warm nuts then? Wink
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:31 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpd72 wrote:
I'm curious to know how the £8.95 MOT went.... Laughing

failed on rear tyre being low (it was <1mm ) but free retest Very Happy

i forgot to swap my rear for the spare like a mong Embarassed Embarassed
- This post is not being displayed because the poster has bad karma. Unhide this post / all posts.

Hahadumball
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:56 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was done on the way back as I got out early so it wasn't out of my way more than maybe 6 miles.

Also where are you getting car mots for £28??

And as it's ats I can go to my local for the free retest so I call that a win.

I did check the tyres I knew one needed doing but alas I totally forgot to change it with the spare which i took out of the boot and put in the garage to remind me.. #busylife
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2