View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:35 - 21 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see it all worked out OK Thumbs Up

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 22 Aug 2016    Post subject: Reply with quote

So nice to see a happy and safe cat Thumbs Up We (humans)/ to many people are c*nts to animals, it warms my heart to see the other side of the human condition Thumbs Up

God I`m turning into a softy ! Shocked
Old Thread Alert!

There is a gap of 1 year, 233 days between these two posts...

dodsi
Dirty Carny

PostPosted: 07:26 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed the 2 year update, although it was largely the same as 1 year uodate. Unfortunately yesterday chewie had to be put to sleep.

In the recent weeks he started to not eat and loose weight then get problems at the other end, we immediately changed his food to a gastrointestinal variety which still didn’t really work. We then got him to the vets and he had a tumour on his stomach, the options were keep him alive for a few weeks for selfish human reasons or have him put to sleep before he got mega poorly. We took what we thought the kindest option - my wife brought him home in order for me to get home from work to take him back later in the day. I got home, gave him a brush fed him a tin of tuna and gave him a last look at the birds outside before bringing the appointment forward and taking him right in and seeing him off ensuring he was comfortable and not stressed or alone.

What a lovely experience of owning a cat, fantastic companion but I would have loved to have had him for longer. Unfortunately that was not the hand dealt to chewie but I know we made his final years fantastic for him. I would do it all again in a heartbeat with a new cat. The only complication is the little girl that my wife and I are expecting in about 5 weeks time and whilst I would have implicitly trusted chewie around a new baby a new cat is an unknown and therefore we will need to wait to take on a new cat. But the re-usable cat stuff is going up to the loft with unopened litter and food etc so when we can we will adopt another broken cat to live out it’s final years with us.

RIP Chewie you are with the angles now.

IR rememberingist
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 07:56 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fli hi lil kitteh. Crying or Very sad

Sorry to hear this, but you did good.

Last edited by Rogerborg on 09:04 - 13 Apr 2018; edited 1 time in total

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:02 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He be terrorizing angels now. 😁

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 08:52 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Sorry to hear this, but you did good.

Agreed, poor little guy. You did the right thing.

R1stu
Shrek!

PostPosted: 09:54 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats are the best. We have 5 of the little blighters. 2 Kittens, and 3 middle aged ones we have had since kittens.

They love the dog, regular beat him up and sleep on him and love to sit on our heads in bed and be general nuisances.

but they are so affectionate and loving. I would have 5 more. The dog loves them too, and he sometimes grooms them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:31 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodsi wrote:
I got home, gave him a brush fed him a tin of tuna and gave him a last look at the birds outside before bringing the appointment forward and taking him right in and seeing him off ensuring he was comfortable and not stressed or alone.

And that is how it should be done.

Sorry to hear Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

chris-red
Have you considered a TDM?

PostPosted: 13:20 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken Cats FTW,

We have 2 most both missing body pads.

Rocky
9ish
No front right leg
Half a tail
Half an ear
Missing a fang

Ruby
3ish
No front right leg

They are just as awesome as regular cats, yet people don't want them.

Rocky is an old man now but tough as balls, we was hit by a car at 3 and we got him at 6. A few years ago I saw him fight 2 cats at once and chased them both off. He regularly comes back with chunks missing and wounds always to his face, according to the vet he doesn't give up and run away when he should! He's old and auritic now, his back legs are wobbly but it doesn't stop him scraping even though he struggles to climb on the chair Laughing

Ruby was at Cats protection for months, she was feral and had a litter at like 18 months old. She was attacked by a dog and lost the leg defending her kittens. How could you not want a Brave AF cat like that? The fact we had another tripod made it an easy choice.

She is just as fast fun and mischievous as any cat, she regularly chases other cats out of the garden. Despite never being in a house before it took her just 2 days to work out how to open a door. She can open the bins, open cupboards, nock the lid of her food jar, she is a nightmare. Twice now whilst we haven't been paying attention she has run up the loft ladder and disappeared into the soffits for a few hours.

Broken animals in general are amazing you don't have them as long but IMO it's better than getting healthy creatures.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:21 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIP Kitty, sleep tight.

Analogkid
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 20:06 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loosing a pet is not easy, but you gave him a good loving home, he's not in pain anymore, they are with us for a short time in our lives, but we are with them for all of theirs, RIP Chewie.

We have 3 dogs and a cat life would be boring without them.

temeluchus
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:52 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitty is with the angles now.

(jokes aside RIP kitty)

MarJay
But it's British!

PostPosted: 17:38 - 16 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://media0.giphy.com/media/1bk4P3XYlQIso/giphy.gif

redwarfie
Derestricted Danger

PostPosted: 12:50 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear this, our cat had an infection two years ago and that was looking touch and go and I know just how hard that was! Good luck with your other new addition shortly though!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 345 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2