Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders even...

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

F1.ash
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:16 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders even... Reply with quote

I found this channel a while back and thought it might be useful as a resource, particularly for new riders Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22

Last edited by F1.ash on 15:48 - 19 Apr 2018; edited 2 times in total

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:38 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kevin.

Holdawayt
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 15:38 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that lessons and actually getting on a bike and practicing stuff helped far better than watching someone else do it on YouTube.

I don't mind some of the track day vids for learning the correct lines and braking points but that's about it.

F1.ash
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 15:42 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Hi Kevin.

Errr, nope, not Kevin.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:54 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

F1.ash wrote:
thought it might be useful

Why is it better than the many many many many many many other Tef-a-like channels out there?

Which particular videos would you recommend, out of his many many many many many generic clickbait titled ones?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 16:18 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Which particular videos would you recommend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRsOBFhNjVM

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 16:47 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

I could just go for a pile of novice tips like that. Drooling

F1.ash
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:46 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
F1.ash wrote:
thought it might be useful

Why is it better than the many many many many many many other Tef-a-like channels out there?

Which particular videos would you recommend, out of his many many many many many generic clickbait titled ones?

I said useful, not better.
Yes, he has a comprehensive library but I don't think any of them would be useful to you.

F1.ash
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 17:47 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

Your humour is wasted on me, sorry!

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 21:16 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

F1.ash wrote:

Why is it more useful than the many many many many many many other Tef-a-like channels out there?

F1.ash wrote:
Yes, he has a comprehensive library but I don't think any of them would be useful to you.

Which particular videos would you recommend for new riders, out of his many many many many many generic clickbait titled ones?

F1.ash
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:58 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
F1.ash wrote:

Why is it more useful than the many many many many many many other Tef-a-like channels out there?

F1.ash wrote:

Which particular videos would you recommend for new riders, out of his many many many many many generic clickbait titled ones?

I said it's useful, not more useful.

I'm not going to presume what anybody else may find useful, there's enough content there for anyone to make their own mind up and take what they need from it, or not.

If it's no good to you then ignore it.

BTW: Definition of clickbait. : something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest. These videos are none of these things.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:36 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

F1.ash wrote:
I said it's useful

Why is it useful?

F1.ash wrote:
I'm not going to presume what anybody else may find useful

Then why are you recommending it as being useful to others?

F1.ash wrote:
there's enough content there for anyone to make their own mind up and take what they need from it, or not.

There's far too much content there for anybody to waste thier time on it, given the the plethora of alternatives.

Why should they? All you've done is shill it. You haven't given a single reason why.

F1.ash wrote:
BTW: Definition of clickbait. : something (such as a headline) designed to make readers want to click on a hyperlink especially when the link leads to content of dubious value or interest. These videos are none of these things.

She couldn't believe these 7 clickbait titles were just on the first page!

"1 simple technique to make you more visible"
"3 life-saving lessons from this crash study"
"The most important skill for new motorcycle riders"
"This video will play with your mind!"
"WOW! At this frame he was going 75 MPH!"
"5 ways to die on a motorcycle"
"This MC rider rolled the dice and survived. Will you?"

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:02 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Useful You Tube channel for new riders or all riders eve Reply with quote

F1.ash wrote:
I found this channel a while back and thought it might be useful as a resource, particularly for new riders Thumbs Up

https://www.youtube.com/user/kevinmorris22

Hey, we ought to have a section specially for posting videos!

Oh.

https://www.bikechatforums.com/viewforum.php?f=53
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 6 years ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1