Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Sinnis Harrier

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers
View previous topic : View next topic  

larks
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 13:29 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Sinnis Harrier Reply with quote

Newbie question - are Sinnis Harriers any good?

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:35 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Re: Sinnis Harrier Reply with quote

larks wrote:

I don't know, but I'd never trust the warranty from a company that seems not to know the difference between a "warranty" and a "warrantee"

https://www.sinnismotorcycles.com/scooter.php?scooter=Sinnis%20Harrier%20125

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 13:48 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/?utf8=✓&q=sinnis+harrier

30 of them sold, the chances of you finding an owner are pretty slim.

I'll stick my neck out though and say no. No they are not. 5.5kW, 5.5L tank, and you can likely forget sourcing any but the most basic consumable parts unless you figure out what the real brand and model is and can speekee Chinee.

Take that £1300+ OTR price and look for a used Honda PCX or Vision for the same money.

Evil Hans
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 14:25 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Take that £1300+ OTR price and look for a used Honda PCX or Vision for the same money.

More than that for the EFI version (OP didn't clarify which model) ... £1425 + OTR !

It is marginally more powerful though (unless they screwed up the conversion from kW to PS). I guess they used a different colour powerband on the EFI.

Red. I'm guessing red.

I've got nothing against chinky bikes (or scooters) per se, but I don't think I'd be buying a new one. The second you wheel it out of the showroom it'll lose about 60% of its value.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 15:05 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, right, 2nd Googols link. Embarassed

£1500 OTR then. Either treat it as disposable if you can afford to throw that much away, or buy a used Honda. Heck, go cray-cray and buy new. Even a Vision 110 claims a whole extra kW, and that'll be Japanese kWs.

Fred3606
Two Stroke Sniffer

PostPosted: 18:56 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sympathise with you looking at these bikes and was doing the same when looking for a 125. In the end I got a reasonably well aged Honda.
I would recommend looking in your local area for a japanese big 4 125. You can look online for some things to check (common issues as well as standard second hand condition checks) and if they do go wrong every mechanic seems to know what to do with them.
Chinese bikes probably get worse credit than they're due, but they have lower resale value, aren't as reliable and are harder to fix when they do go wrong because of finding parts and willing mechanics.

WmY
Renault 5 Driver

PostPosted: 21:51 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Sinnis Harrier Reply with quote

larks wrote:

I've only just started looking into these sorts of things. Engine is GY6 (152QMI), available complete new for about £350. My guess (and it's only a guess) is that the steel parts will not be very well painted, and that oil changes/servicing will be absolutely vital and that good oil should be used and changed more frequentl than specified. Other bits will be OK.

That advice is worth about what you paid for it!
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 310 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> New Bikers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1