Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

VFR750 fuel line part

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:41 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: VFR750 fuel line part Reply with quote

I felt this was better suited in general bike chat rather than the workshop....

A couple of weeks ago I was working on the VFR and while trying to remove part of the fuel line the splitter snapped (when I say snapped parts of it crumbled and resulted in a part strip of the carbs to remove all the plastic), I've been looking for the last couple of weeks (on and off) to find a replacement splitter and haven't had any luck yet and know you're a helpful bunch.

The part I'm looking for comes off the main fuel line (10mm) and splits off to the front and rear carbs (2x8mm), so any links to such a part would be greatly appreciated Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

WD Forte
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:54 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y or tee?

I reckon you could make one of these work, I'd sleeve an 8mm with say heat shrink for the 10mm pipe

Y

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-Y-Hose-Joiner-Barbed-Splitter-Connector-Air-Fuel-Water-Pipe-Gas-Tubing/141889588263?hash=item2109474c27:m:mRAgbfIqaV8ZqeoCHuiZdMA

Tee

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brass-3-Way-T-Piece-Joiner-Fuel-Hose-Joiner-Tee-Connector-Air-Water-Gas/152750892861?hash=item2390a9a73d:m:mT5EirJynJcO_X8w5Ia-kOw

If there was a concern about heat shrink tubing reacting to petrol
I'd mix up some kwik weld and build up the nozzle to 10mm with that.

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:21 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one? Random guess at year, can't remember what it was.

https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/17193MN5000

andym
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:48 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I should have included more details.

It's a '91 VFR 750 FM, and it's a T piece with the 10mm coming off 1 side, but a Y splitter would work too I guess.

Quick edit, after putting my registration on the fowlers site I eventually found the part Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 342 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1