Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Removal of threads

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 17:30 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Removal of threads Reply with quote

A lot of threads seem to go missing now. The latest os the one concerning parking in EC1
The OP got pissy when he was shown to be a dick and looks like he had the thread removed because I asked if it was his bike that was inconsideratley parked in the bay.
This is the same owner who has hidden a metal bar to hit people with, the same owner who thinks his bike is more important than other peoples.

Not a good reason to remove a thread, especially when someone else had already mentioned what his bike was Wink

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:34 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is only one way to make BCF great again.

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:59 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
There is only one way to make BCF great again.

By deleting by the rainpal thread?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:13 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You fucking piece of shit.

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:14 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete the 'What Oiled your gears thread'.

And perhaps if Ste could finally be inaugurated as Mod.

That would be great. 👍

Maybe swap positions with The Borg. ??? Thinking

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 19:53 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't even mention it wasn't locked to a bollard or ground anchor.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 20:21 - 25 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
Maybe swap positions with The Borg. ??? Thinking

I do like to be underneath. Wub

Like mah shortie Galadriel, I passed the test. And without any spacktarded CGI.

Bubbs
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:59 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss the days of browsing in work and not knowing whether I could be fired from seeing ste's content randomly showing up in a perfectly polite thread.

BCF has been neutered.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 10:25 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

He locked it today but the chain is along the floor so rookie mistake.

Powderhead
Trackday Trickster

PostPosted: 10:50 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
I didn't even mention it wasn't locked to a bollard or ground anchor.

And after all that bitching too Laughing

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 11:24 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Powderhead wrote:
And after all that bitching too Laughing

I did feel he was rather rude to me, I felt quite hurt because I am so sensitive. It was, emotional. Embarassed

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 11:28 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed it at the direct request of the OP on the basis it detailed what his bike was along with when and where it was being left unattended and details of the security fitted.

I took the decision that it wasn't entirely unreasonable to want that level of information to not appear on a public forum, regardless of the advisability/coherance/sentiment of the initial posting.

I know I wouldn't want details of when and where I was leaving my bike unattended to appear on a public forum either and hopefully OP will consider the attitude that lead to it.

EDIT: A total of four threads (well, five, but two of them were about the same thing) have been removed from the main forum this year.

Two of them because they contained details about potential ongoing litigation, this one and one because it contained personal information that someone requested the removal of which I'm pretty sure would be covered under GDPR legislation and that was too difficult to edit out.

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 12:03 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
I removed it at the direct request of the OP on the basis it detailed what his bike was along with when and where it was being left unattended and details of the security fitted.

I agree this is reasonable up until the point that it was the OP who told everyone where he parks complete with pictures. What his bike is seems pretty irrelevent when there are over 100 bikes parked in the area many of considerably higher value and easier to steal than his.

When you add his security situation that he told us, parked with an alarm within hearing distance, chain to ground anchor or steel bollard, covered by a receptionist and weapons placed within easy reach which he has said he is happy to use it then becomes to my mind unreasonable.
Keep in mind we didn't ask for this information, he forced it upon us.
He also didn't ask for it to be removed for several days after someone pointed out what his bike is. He only asked for it to be removed when I asked if a particular bike was his, I think he was surprised that I am as good as my word and generally do pass there several times a day.

stinkwheel wrote:
EDIT: A total of four threads (well, five, but two of them were about the same thing) have been removed from the main forum this year.

Two of them because they contained details about potential ongoing litigation, this one and one because it contained personal information that someone requested the removal of which I'm pretty sure would be covered under GDPR legislation and that was too difficult to edit out.

But how many over the last 2 years compared to lets say 2009-2011?
Lets not forget the Binary trading thread moved and hidden because apparantly other sites got fed up by tips being posted on it. This is an important one considering the last week or so's press on Binary Trading.

I realise the world has changed in the last few years and websites have to tread a fine line but if people want to be stupid I don't think removing threads is the way to stop it.
I like that you have quoted GDPR as under DPA I suspect I could request a copy of the thread I am refering to as Personal information, the law works both ways.

Overall thank you for taking the time to answer, it is appreciated. Thumbs Up

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:39 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:

I like that you have quoted GDPR as under DPA I suspect I could request a copy of the thread I am refering to as Personal information, the law works both ways.

Does it though? Does it actually contain data that would identify you as a person?

I've never even seen a binary trading thread. Maybe that one has been deleted by Korn?

Almost all the ones I can see that have been removed from the main forum in the last 4 years have been due to them containing information about pending legal action with a smattering of Dear Auntie BCF ones which got way to detailed/personal.

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 13:23 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

y remove the thread rather than just those few details?

(BCF isn't a democracy and people asking moderators to explain their decisions is what caused Bendy to get fed up with this place Laughing)

Quote:
Lets not forget the Binary trading thread moved and hidden because apparantly other sites got fed up by tips being posted on it. This is an important one considering the last week or so's press on Binary Trading.

That was a matched betting thread and yes, a site where we were getting info about a particular slot machine loophole got arsey about the BCF thread.

Don't think there was anything much in it about binary trading though. Confused

The thread got moved to a private forum which is pretty much dead now anyway. Laughing

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 14:30 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Does it though? Does it actually contain data that would identify you as a person?

Yes it did. It had a regular time where I passed a place which could be used to identify who I am.

Ste wrote:
That was a matched betting thread and yes, a site where we were getting info about a particular slot machine loophole got arsey about the BCF thread.

Don't think there was anything much in it about binary trading though. Confused

The thread got moved to a private forum which is pretty much dead now anyway. Laughing

I seem to remember it started with the question of who did Binary trading.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:50 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
BCF isn't a democracy

How would things work on B-Ste-F? Anarcho-syndicalism? Strictly pay to play?

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 15:15 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

sickpup wrote:
I seem to remember it started with the question of who did Binary trading.

Ah yes, I've found the thread in question and that is how it started. Shocked

After 7 pages it starts turning to matched betting and I can't be bothered to look through more of the thread.

Rogerborg wrote:

There will be widespread corruption.

If someone wants a thread removed, unless there's a really really good reason then they'll have to pay me to remove it. But the thread wouldn't be removed by me, I'd probably pin it to the top of the forum so that more people see it. Thumbs Up

Fizzoid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:07 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
If someone wants a thread removed, unless there's a really really good reason then they'll have to pay me to remove it. But the thread wouldn't be removed by me, I'd probably pin it to the top of the forum and charge people see it. Thumbs Up

Monetised that for you!

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:11 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charge people to view? Rolling Eyes The objective would be to increase the number of people who read it. Razz

Although threads pinned to the top of the forum tend to be ignored so my plan might need adjusting. Laughing

Nobby the Bastard
Harley Gaydar

PostPosted: 17:50 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
Ste wrote:
BCF isn't a democracy

It would probably involve modelling balloons.

Don't ask. Really. Just, don't ask....

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:27 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobby the Bastard wrote:
modelling balloons.

600 of them for beer and balloon club this weekend. Thumbs Up

https://i.imgur.com/Fcb77qo.jpg

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:39 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fizzoid wrote:
Ste wrote:
If someone wants a thread removed, unless there's a really really good reason then they'll have to pay me to remove it. But the thread wouldn't be removed by me, I'd probably pin it to the top of the forum and charge people see it. Thumbs Up

Monetised that for you!

Ste 'Multi-Sock Account holder' for Mod. Thumbs Up

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 18:52 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only got the one account on BCF. Razz

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:29 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ste wrote:
I've only got the one account on BCF. Razz

Sorry Chief, my Bad. Embarassed

Wink
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 338 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Forum Feedback & Help All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2