BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Cyclist rage

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ste
Not Work Safe

PostPosted: 17:24 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Cyclist rage Reply with quote

He's not as militant as uphillfreewheeler but he's still a dick.

https://www.facebook.com/tom.d.lygo/posts/10160230515580386

Video has been removed from facebook but the shitrag have a copy of it on their website: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6259809/cyclist-rant-left-hand-side-road-traffic-jam/

Last edited by Ste on 23:26 - 10 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

Fin
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/xDmXjG0.png

I'm surprised to see so much hate towards the cyclist, I've never had an issue with them.

But now I remember there is this guy at work that no one likes, he's a massive cunt and really into his road cycling.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:14 - 10 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fin wrote:
I'm surprised to see so much hate towards the cyclist, I've never had an issue with them.

But but but they jump red lights Very Happy I don't have a failbook account so couldn't watch the vid' Folded arms

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:49 - 11 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the position the 'incident' occurred, I'd say the car was already most of the way through the obstruction and therefore assumed priority. But, knowing how people are shits, I imagine that the car was one of many who saw a car go through ahead of them and assume this priority as a god-given-right and will not rescind when clearly there is a road user who should have priority approaching.

By the time fluoroman is off his bike, he probably should have given her a chopful and then cycled on. But no, he has to make a meal of it and add fury and fire to another war that doesn't need to happen.

Why can't people just get along and use a bit of tarmac without being aggressive?

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:03 - 11 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody has right of way. It is not illegal to drive on the right side of a road with dashed centre lines. Who dares, wins.

Common courtesy dictates the person on whos side of the road the obstruction is on gives way to oncoming traffic but it isn't actually a law.

I've been guilty of cycle-rage before today. Some cunt in a volvo estate tried to overtake me (well, occupy the space I was in, because I was right behind another car), in heavy traffic, while I was going through a traffic light controlled contra-flow, on a bridge. Effectively, he pulled alongside me and tried to nose-in to force me to either pull off the road or brake.

I created "a scene" which involved banging on his roof and threatening to pull his spoiler off if he persisted, in a loud and angry Scots accent. He pulled back then followed me down a quieter side street, rage-overtook, stopped his car and got out, red in the face and dragging his sense of humour behind him. He then thought better of it when he realised I wasn't a skinny, yoghurt-knitting cyclepath. I even managed to get in a "Yeah. I thought so!" as he got back in the car and drove off in a could of tyre smoke.

Would have made much better youtube viewing but I'm not a vlogger.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 12:18 - 11 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Volvo estate [...] tyre smoke

I thought DSTC had been standard on all Volvo estates for over a decade?

Pass the popcorn

stinkwheel
Bovine Proctologist

PostPosted: 12:32 - 11 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
stinkwheel wrote:
Volvo estate [...] tyre smoke

So you think traction control stops your wheels spinning?

It doesn't.

My last two vans have had traction control (merc vito and citroen dispatch). Both can and do smoke the tyres if you make a brisk getaway. The vito was fine, it just came out into the road A-team style with some controllable understeer. The Citroen is FWD and torque-steers like a motherfucker when the poky turbo kicks in, throwing itself all over the road.

There is a very helpful triangular orange dash-light with an exclamation mark in which flashes to inform you that traction is no longer under (computer) control.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:15 - 11 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:
Rogerborg wrote:

It doesn't.

My last two vans have had traction control (merc vito and citroen dispatch). Both can and do smoke the tyres if you make a brisk getaway. The vito was fine, it just came out into the road A-team style with some controllable understeer. The Citroen is FWD and torque-steers like a motherfucker when the poky turbo kicks in, throwing itself all over the road.

There is a very helpful triangular orange dash-light with an exclamation mark in which flashes to inform you that traction is no longer under (computer) control.

In my Volvo it just makes your passengers think you have appalling clutch control (in the rain). In my work van it completely cuts the power causing you to stall Clapping

I can't say I see the point of either system, especially on FWD vehicles.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 22:56 - 11 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

stinkwheel wrote:

Say, does anyone have the sublimation temperature of rubber to hand?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 323 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Found on the 'Net All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1