Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Bandit 600 - muddled hoses ... Need schematic/ mechanic

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop
View previous topic : View next topic  

rehmh05
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 18:03 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Bandit 600 - muddled hoses ... Need schematic/ mechanic Reply with quote

Hi guys

Havent been on here for ages as i stopped riding due to change of circumstances.

So firstly; Hello to everyone!

Heres the story: i did a frame swap about a year ago. My intial plan was to be up and running in a week. Most of heavy work was done and due to change in circumstances; the beloved bandit just got abandoned in my friend's garage

Since then; i had lost pictures etc and im not sure if ive muddled the hoses up etc (fuel and breather hoses) or if the carburetters are clogged up. Either way; bike starts but is misfiring. I opened the air filter and smells strongly of petrol (backfire?) . i can't remember but some exhaust cylinders were cold... Others hot. Only stays started on choke... At first she wouldn't accelerate at all (cut off) ... After running for some time; she does accelerate but is misfiring

Anyways; i was wondering if theres some schematic so i can eliminate the hoses etc arent wrongly connected before i start opening the carb/ cleaning that out.

If there is an entusiast mechanic in Birmingham who can work on her in spare time; id pay a reasonable amount to get her back in her former glory. Im not sure how / if at it is economical to put back on the road.

rhys99
Scooby Slapper

PostPosted: 22:38 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what i remember there isn't too many hoses on the Bandits, there will be a vacuum line going from one of the carbs ( on top of the diaphragm cap ) to the back of the fuel tap and then the fuel line which goes in between the bank of carbs onto the Tap. There will then be one or two breathers which won't connect to anything and usually just run down the side of the airbox.
21:16:02 Fin: I got a girl to believe I have a huge dick today, she's going to be so disappointed
K̶5̶ ̶S̶V̶6̶5̶0̶S̶ K3 SV650N

A100man
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:17 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Re: Bandit 600 - muddled hoses ... Need schematic/ mechanic Reply with quote

rehmh05 wrote:
Hi guys

Since then; i had lost pictures etc and im not sure if ive muddled the hoses up etc (fuel and breather hoses) or if the carburetters are clogged up.

I doubt hoses are swapped or it would be unlikely to start at all . Probably just one filler hose lower than the breathers. Any bike standing for more than a year or two WILL need carbs cleaning I reckon - a stuck float/needle will cause fuel to flood into engine or airbox..

Then: Fizz, RS200, KL250, XJ550, Laverda Alpina, XJ600, FZS600

rehmh05
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 09:43 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply guys

I will take it apart and clear it out. I have found some useful pictures of the way hoses are supposed to be connected. I will post them for someone's future reference.... Will update everyone after its cleaned out ...
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 339 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Workshop All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1