Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 364, 365, 366 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 14:13 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Stopping? waiting? giving her a quickie in the back seat?

They all result in a demand for money if you are stopped in the wrong place you fussy bugger.

Not if it's for a few minutes, depending on the signs, markings, and ze rules.

Given how keen Pataweyo is to flout them to hit his targets, I think we should at least know that there's no such thing as a prohibition on "parking".

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:58 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

King29 wrote:
Dogs on trains, the Nottingham to Birmingham train to be precise. It was hot today, a lady got on the train at Beeston and it was already full. I was sat right by the toilet as I never had a reservation and it was the only seat I could find, I did not want to sit in the wheel chair bay. Woman with dog gets on. 10 minutes into the journey the dog does a dump on the train and falls asleep.

It just stank, woman never cleared it up, not a train guard in site, train was delayed for an hour as well.

https://i66.tinypic.com/2wp8npu.jpg

I don't see the turd?

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:07 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

hellkat wrote:
King29 wrote:
Dogs on trains ....

the dog does a dump on the train ...
... woman never cleared it up

Not the dog's fault.
Owner is a minging cunt.
You should have flushed her head down the toilet
OR
Forced her head out the window so another passing train smashed it off, the lazy slag.

A bad day was it dear! Laughing

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:12 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dump on the dog then bag it and bin it.

Lead by example. Thumbs Up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

stephen_o
Spanner Monkey

PostPosted: 21:09 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought my YBR from CMC bikes in Stoke last August - went past today on the way to fetch the pootle from its mot to find they had done a runner - empty shop all still signed up etc with just an apology on their facebook page - disappointed. I was going to take the bike back to them in July for it's mot. I have to say I am not trusting of some of Stokes other bike dealers so will have to rethink.

And

Applying for jobs - getting turned down because "you passed the criteria but someone was a closer fit for our profile" "please contact us back and we will give you feedback" so I send a polite email requesting feedback. Nothing so far - not a dickybird.

Disappointed in big companies and Stoke on Trent as an area is a fail.

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:32 - 15 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Farking Hermes.... got home from work, checked email, oh my package has been delivered....

Took me a while but I found it, IN MY NEIGHBOURS PORCH......

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:45 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
A bad day was it dear! Laughing

It must have been Laughing
But then again, I hate dog owners who don't pick up their dog's ploppings. If I have to do it, so does everybody else.

And on a train ... in an enclosed space ... I just can't believe someone would have the brass balls to sit there and ignore it after their dog did that. I said it once and I'll say it again: minging /lazy Mad

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 01:56 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite cross that two days have gone past and nothing has happened to grind my gears.

But its entirely possible that the events surrounding the towing of the Prius were SO IMPOSSIBLY INFURIATING that I used up this month's portion of gear-grinding on that alone.
Laughing

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:45 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:
Why not. Do you use Pure Triumph Woburn? They have always done me pretty well when I have had a moan about something.

No joy from Woburn, didn't really expect there would be.
They weren't shitty about it, just said that if I'd had a service history from them Triumph may have sorted it as a good will gesture.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:17 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suppose that's to be expected.

The bike is what, 8 years old now? It shouldn't go like that but it's in the 'wear and tear' bracket with that sort of age as far as they are concerned.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:59 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polarbear wrote:

The bike is what, 8 years old now? It shouldn't go like that but it's in the 'wear and tear' bracket with that sort of age as far as they are concerned.

I think you're right.
It's a bit of a faff to get the ignition assembly off but its fairly straightforward and something to document for the workshop section.
Oddly, the bloke at Woburn said that the ignition assembly had changed part numbers for some reason.
They'd never admit the reason for the change of course.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 13:17 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Oddly, the bloke at Woburn said that the ignition assembly had changed part numbers for some reason.

Because their wiring diagram didn't match the wiring in the switch.

Super thief. Laughing

grr666
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:37 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three drugged up, pissed up chavs at the pub trying to get a rise out of me while I was sitting quietly minding my
own business having a quiet pint after my daily walk with Gracie. I'm old enough and long enough in the tooth to
recognise and not take on 3 coked up wankstains by myself, not least because my dog might get hurt or possibly attack
them. But it has pissed me off a bit. Part of me wanted to put her away safely in the van and return with a tyre lever
and see if they wanted to continue digging me out. Black Eye Looks like I'll be taking it out on my drumkit later.
They were arguing amongst themselves at the bar and one threw a small tin of vaseline at the other which missed and
hit the wall a few centimetres from my face. I really had to hold in my rage. One was reasonably apologetic for the
actions of the other two, but as I left they were making barking sounds trying to wind the dog (and me) up.
Just got off the phone to my mate the landlord warning him to not serve them much more and to keep an eye on
them, he told me they came in after I left and tried to order 15 Jaegerbombs, which he refused to serve them
and he sent them on their way.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:43 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

recman wrote:
Polarbear wrote:

I think you're right.
It's a bit of a faff to get the ignition assembly off but its fairly straightforward and something to document for the workshop section.

If you have to drill the security bolts out and need some (non-security) replacements I have some left over from when I did mine. Fowlers unsurprisingly wanted a lot for replacements which I might have ordered, but they wanted something like £3 for a tiny washer I was missing, which it turns out I didn't need with the replacement bolts.

EDIT: I might also have my ignition wiring somewhere but I don't know if it'll be any good, I stripped the wires so I could start the bike.

Last edited by M.C on 17:52 - 16 May 2018; edited 1 time in total

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:51 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
Three drugged up, pissed up chavs at the pub trying to get a rise out of me while I was sitting quietly minding my
own business having a quiet pint after my daily walk with Gracie. I'm old enough and long enough in the tooth to
recognise and not take on 3 coked up wankstains by myself, not least because my dog might get hurt or possibly attack
them. But it has pissed me off a bit. Part of me wanted to put her away safely in the van and return with a tyre lever
and see if they wanted to continue digging me out. Black Eye Looks like I'll be taking it out on my drumkit later.
They were arguing amongst themselves at the bar and one threw a small tin of vaseline at the other which missed and
hit the wall a few centimetres from my face. I really had to hold in my rage. One was reasonably apologetic for the
actions of the other two, but as I left they were making barking sounds trying to wind the dog (and me) up.
Just got off the phone to my mate the landlord warning him to not serve them much more and to keep an eye on
them, he told me they came in after I left and tried to order 15 Jaegerbombs, which he refused to serve them
and he sent them on their way.

had a bit of an incident like this sunday (bit of a long post coming up )

sat minding my own when knobber comes over all chatty
drinking the dodgy cider my local sells then starts drinking rum then whiskey gin and finally port (all this time telling me he is a squaddie and only home for a bit) his missus had already told us he wasn't and was a spanner monkey at Halfords
anyway he also kept trying to shake my hand left handed and limp wristed so I ended up telling him to shake my hand properly or not at all
he then started talking to a local old bloke who he decided was a veteran and trying to buy him drinks
then buggered off up the local shop for some fags and comes back after losing his card his missus went off and found it up the road

starts picking fights with his missus then starts accusing the barstaff of theft and putting too many drinks through when he cant pay for any more as his card was now being declined
one local who is an ex special forces bloke got shoved as he was trying to calm him down
so took him outside the pub twatted him once and left him outside out cold
police turned up and took him away thinking he was just too pissed up and must have fallen over Laughing Laughing Laughing

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:54 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

All this reminds me why I CBA with pubs anymore Smile

RhynoCZ
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 18:35 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

andyscooter wrote:
The Pub story...

It is quite a sad story, yet amusing at the same time.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:42 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Because their wiring diagram didn't match the wiring in the switch.

Super thief. Laughing

Lol, they didn't get to see the bike.

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:46 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
If you have to drill the security bolts out and need some (non-security) replacements I have some left over from when I did mine. Fowlers unsurprisingly wanted a lot for replacements which I might have ordered, but they wanted something like £3 for a tiny washer I was missing, which it turns out I didn't need with the replacement bolts.

EDIT: I might also have my ignition wiring somewhere but I don't know if it'll be any good, I stripped the wires so I could start the bike.

I'm good for bolts and stuff to sort things out, chars. Thumbs Up

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 20:05 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lost my mobile phone Mad I've had 02 block the SIM and they are sending me a new one.

I have a back up phone and a PAYG sim so I'm covered.....

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:22 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do Africans only get the bus so they can talk on the phone?

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:26 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:

By talk, you mean loud speaker with headphones in shouting Ndiyathanda ibhaluni!! Ndiyathanda ibhaluni!! PLEASE, YES. Ndiyathanda ibhaluni!! or the standard, "no no no no you listen to me."

Dave70
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:28 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paddy. wrote:
Dave70 wrote:

By talk, you mean loud speaker with headphones in shouting Ndiyathanda ibhaluni!! Ndiyathanda ibhaluni!! PLEASE, YES. Ndiyathanda ibhaluni!! or the standard, "no no no no you listen to me."

Something like that, yes. Laughing

And they don't stop jabbering for the entire journey.

2012: R125 killed by white van. 2016 R125 killed by 30,000 miles of redline. Current: 2016 Kawasaki ER6f.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 15:07 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fucking mango lovers mate, the lot of em.

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:11 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave70 wrote:
Paddy. wrote:

Something like that, yes. Laughing

And they don't stop jabbering for the entire journey.

I used to find it funny on the train when commuting cause they would talk really loudly until they lost signal for whatever reason then they would SHOUT as if that would force the words through the magic bone to their opposite number on the other end.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 316 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 364, 365, 366 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 365 of 698