Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

audio interface needed

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone
View previous topic : View next topic  

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: audio interface needed Reply with quote

my M-Audio Delta 1010 is starting to act up with intermittent buzzing so I'll be looking to replace it shortly
I need at least 4 inputs and 4 outputs minimum but 8 x 8 upwards preferred
I've been looking at the Focusrite Scarlett range, Tascam, M Audio Presonus etc
budget is a bit tight so not wanting to go above £350 - 400 max

any one have any input ??
I've used M Audio gear for the last 10 years at least so a bit behind the times with the newer gear

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:12 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/618474-audio-interface-low-latency-performance-data-base.html Is a link to a list of interfaces and their latency scores.

Focusrite Scarlett is a good choice. Do a search for how their latest drivers are performing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

oldpink
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:54 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

looking at a couple of Behringer interfaces that seem pretty good for the price and they are getting decent reviews in particular the UMC 1820 and the Firepower FCA1616 and at £230 and £190 they are well within budget plus can be racked for live situations

I also like the 2 headphone outs patchable to 4 separate outputs
ideal for something I'm working on for a group that require 4 separate feeds to their in ear monitors from 4 inputs

Theory & hazard 24-may 2016, CBT 8th June 2016, MOD 1 2nd Aug 2016 Mod 2 2nd-Nov 2016 - Current bike CBR 600 RR

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:15 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Behringer do steal utiilse a lot of good ideas, I've pondered getting an X32 compact. Their (discontinued )19" rack reverb is as good as an Eventide for Halls and Rooms, and now they've acquired MIDAS their preamps will be excellent.

Baffler186
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:27 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the single channel Scarlett and it's very good. If you set it up properly (Reaper?) then there's very little little delay. The only problems I had with quality was due to me being a fucktard at Reaper, but the kit was more than good enough.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 313 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> The Geek Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1