Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

MotoGP 2018: Warning, may contain Spoil.

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:34 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't work out if Rossi isn't quietly pissed that he's not going to be gifted the championship title he thinks he deserves. Part of me wonders if he detests the current argy bargy so much because he knows it's a game for the younger generation who can still risk a bounce or three.

Pesky Spanish.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:44 - 12 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.motorcyclenews.com/sport/motogp/2018/april/motogp-yamaha-boss-jarvis-calls-for-marquez-sanctions/

Bitchin' is racing...even Jarvis has joined me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:23 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When Marquez was questioned by the media regarding the incident, he ultimately blamed the track conditions as the main culprit of Rossi’s fall. According to the Spaniard, “I did not make anything crazy with Valentino. You need to understand the track condition. The line was dry but I hit a wet patch and locked the front, released the brake and there was contact.”

Laughing oh dear, this will run and run!

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:35 - 13 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
Quote:
When Marquez was questioned by the media regarding the incident, he ultimately blamed the track conditions as the main culprit of Rossi’s fall. According to the Spaniard, “I did not make anything crazy with Valentino. You need to understand the track condition. The line was dry but I hit a wet patch and locked the front, released the brake and there was contact.”

Laughing oh dear, this will run and run!

I just don't understand how that's a defence. Unless his Spanglish is weak (which I doubt) that says 'I was not in control of the motorcycle, and if I was, I hit him on purpose, but it's not my fault because it was wet'.

What a bellpiece.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:32 - 21 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Race control have given MM a three-place penalty on tomorrow’s grid for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Let's see if he can get to the front by the 2nd lap. Pass the popcorn
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 06:30 - 22 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, he deserved that too. Not sure what's happened over the break but he seems to have come back with completely the wrong attitude.

Be interesting to see what happens in the race ... hopefully it's a clean race but from watching the commentary, he still seems to think he's done no wrong.

Looked like he got pole and then switched off because in his mind, that was all that mattered.

If he skittles a couple more people off and causes an injury in the process, i think people will start to refuse to race with him and that will definitely give DORNA a job to do.

UnknownStuntm...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 08:31 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Let's see if he can get to the front by the 2nd corner. Pass the popcorn

Obviously too late, but fixed for you.
What a crock of shite race though. I correctly predicted Crashlow and Lorenslow's positions. I did not see Crazy Joe doing quite that well though, that must have annoyed 99 a bit!

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:18 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

And then you watch him do what he does best. 7 seconds lead before he eased off on the last lap

Kris
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:06 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Such a dull race at the US round, really hate that track for overtaking.

I think it may be better for cars than bikes. Sleeping

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 11:48 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kris wrote:
I think it may be better for cars than bikes. Sleeping

Apparently it isn't!

Quite surprised there was no pay back for MM, ie. forced wide at the first corner.
JLo, (surprisingly), and a few other riders have expressed their displeasure with MM, as much as I detest MM, I can't help but think that the other riders let him get away with it, far too often.

Boring track produces a boring race, yet again, no wonder MotoGp is on it's uppers in the US.

JLo really needs to pull his finger out, can't see him getting a ride if he doesn't!

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 21:23 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet Lorenzo would score a seat on any of the smaller three factory bikes without much issue.

I'm not a huge Lorenzo fan (who is?), but he's still one of the best riders on the grid IMO. The Ducati is obviously improving, and clearly the 17 spec bike was a huge step up, but the Ducati clearly doesn't suit Lorenzo's style despite his best efforts.

If Lorenzo and Pedrosa lose their current seats, I suspect Bradley Smith and the chavvy one who's name evades me will be in line to lose their seats too.

Iannone will be an interesting one too, if he can keep building his confidence on the Suzuki I see him being a regular contender at the top. If that's the case, would you kick him out for Lorenzo?

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 23:07 - 23 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarco's off to KTM:-

https://www.crash.net/motogp/contentm/894476/1/gossip-zarco-agrees-twoyear-ktm-deal

Bradley's on the way out!

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:38 - 26 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silly season underway early. Was hoping Zarco was Suzuki bound...mind you those KTMs are getting closer and are throwing money at bikes.

Test Riding for Bradley would be good. He gives good feedback Herve used to say when Bradley was with Tech3. Like Smith I've never really seen Silvan Guintoli as a true championship contender but he's an excellent testrider for Suzuki test rider and that bike is looking good with The Maniac aboard. Be fitting if Bradley could chivvy the KTM along too.

So what has happened to Scott..he's on borrowed time surely?

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:28 - 07 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that race threw the cat back amongst the pigeons!!!!

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:41 - 07 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, Moto3 as usual was the best race, definitely worth a watch, Moto2 not bad, MotoGp was a bit of a procession until JLo decided he'd rather play skittles than race!
Yet again the field served it up on a plate for MM.
The championship's over already AFAIC!

Wafer_Thin_Ham
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 09:47 - 07 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suntan Sid wrote:
MotoGp was a bit of a procession until JLo decided he'd rather play skittles than race!
Yet again the field served it up on a plate for MM.
The championship's over already AFAIC!

I'm not sure how you can pin that one on George. Dovi pushed him wide, he was cutting back for a squarer exit to find a Repsol Honda there. Picked it up too late to find a Ducati now in the way. Rock and a hard place springs to mind. Racing incident IMO, started by Dovi's lunge born out of frustration at being unable to pass Lorenzo despite being quicker. Dani being Dani found himself in the wrong place at the wrong time, lucky not to get hurt again.

Suntan Sid
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:07 - 08 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was more of a tongue in cheek comment, as you say more of a racing incident. Unfortunately it was a dull race, that "incident" was the only memorable thing about it.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 12:36 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZarKing FTW today?

See the motoX jump in moto3? Shocked Cool

Race officials ....very official.
100 crashes during the weekend . Shocked $$$$$'s

Crutchlow is going to race. Tough.

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Marquez were to run wide it'd help matters seeing as the crash tally increased. Grrr.

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:42 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Zarco has his work cut out lol

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 13:50 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

UncleBFester wrote:
I think Zarco had his work cut out lol

Vin and Loz need better shrinks.

Moto3 if you missed it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DdpZjPgVwAALZEz.jpg

UncleFester
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:11 - 20 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crashlots = man of the match.

Kawasaki Jimbo
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:09 - 21 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Howling Terror wrote:
Moto3 if you missed it.

Laughing

I did, but it's here -

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-21/moto3-kornfeil-jumps-his-bike-over-bastianini/9782896
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Howling Terror
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:35 - 31 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ianone won't be with Suzuki, Johan Mir will.
Highly probable that Redding won't have a ride.
Lorenzo is on rocky ground but insists he will be on 'a good bike'.

Mugello next.

c_dug
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:47 - 31 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sort of surprised at the Iannone decision, I think Mir would be a huge mistake when Lorenzo and Pedrosa are both potentially on the cards.

I think Suzuki don't understand what they need. Chasing the next great rider doesn't help if the bike isn't there yet.
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 293 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Racing & Trackdays All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10