Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Crit-air Vignette

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration
View previous topic : View next topic  

Ash-69
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 11:42 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Crit-air Vignette Reply with quote

Morning /afternoon all, I'm off to Grenoble next month for a trip around Vercors, so had to purchase a crit-air vignette. After sticking it to my screen, which has a dark smoke tint, you can still see the sticker category and my reg no but the digi code isn't that legible.

Anyone had problems in-country with these things or do you just have to show you've bought one.

Oh and no you can't peel it off and turn it round....... Confused

doggone
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:15 - 19 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

They aren't going to be looking at them unless it's a high pollution period.
I would just have the hard to read bit on a note or phone.
Assuming I bought one at all.

You might find photo flash shows it quite well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

Ash-69
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 12:40 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers - We're there for three days so figured I can stand the £4.29, only one of our party has a bike too old to receive a sticker so we might have to doctor a fake penalty notice ............... Twisted Evil

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 14:35 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faking a penalty notice is a much more serious crime than the penalty you are trying to avoid. Shocked

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:32 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

available from e-bay

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Door-sticker-CRITAIR-round-resin-silicone-protection-scooter-motorcycle-car/263564396325?hash=item3d5da98725:g:T~QAAOSwXBVas5rg

Copycat73
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 17:42 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

raesewell wrote:
Faking a penalty notice is a much more serious crime than the penalty you are trying to avoid. Shocked

so is faking a sense of humour .. which you don`t have.

raesewell
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 19:45 - 20 Apr 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not true really, I'd laugh my arse of if you got nicked for faking a penalty notice. Especially after being warned Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

motobiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 14:59 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Vercors last September.. after briefly visiting it (to ride Combe Laval in June and we stayed at Camping Moto. (a great place that isn't just camping!!) - whats not to like about a place that welcomes you with a beer!!

Loved it.. the area is stunning. One day I hope to go again.

Last edited by motobiker on 17:04 - 02 May 2018; edited 2 times in total

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:36 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

motobiker wrote:
I went to the Vercors last September.. after briefly visiting it (to ride Combe Laval in June and we stayed at Camping Moto. (a great place that isn't just camping!! - whats not to like about a place that welcomes you with a beer!!)

A place that charges/extorts £30 for the pleasure to visit.

Those erocnuts don't pay to use our roads when they visit.

Roll on Brekshit. Laughing

motobiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 16:41 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
motobiker wrote:
I went to the Vercors last September.. after briefly visiting it (to ride Combe Laval in June and we stayed at Camping Moto. (a great place that isn't just camping!! - whats not to like about a place that welcomes you with a beer!!)

A place that charges/extorts £30 for the pleasure to visit.

I dont know about that. £30 for what exactly?

MCN
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:22 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

motobiker wrote:

Sorry my Bad.
It wasn't me it was Google. Embarassed

I think this is the cost. But on mobile with a slooooow connection I'm at the mercy of the T' Internet. Very Happy

Before you begin ...
Presentation of the service
In just a few clicks, you can use this service to apply for an Air Quality Certificate for your vehicle not registered in France.

You'll need your registration certificate to help you fill in the required information.

It costs €3.11 plus postage.

For shipments in the European Union and Switzerland, this amounts to € 3.21.

motobiker
Nitrous Nuisance

PostPosted: 17:44 - 02 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

MCN wrote:
motobiker wrote:

Sorry my Bad.
It wasn't me it was Google. Embarassed

I think this is the cost. But on mobile with a slooooow connection I'm at the mercy of the T' Internet. Very Happy

Before you begin ...
Presentation of the service
In just a few clicks, you can use this service to apply for an Air Quality Certificate for your vehicle not registered in France.

You'll need your registration certificate to help you fill in the required information.

It costs €3.11 plus postage.

For shipments in the European Union and Switzerland, this amounts to € 3.21.

I see.. well all I can say is that we didn't bother with one of those because we had zero intention of entering any of the cities that require them and they're not needed if you are simply passing through on the autoroute (at Lyon for instance) we did on one day pass fairly close to Grenoble and the traffic was hellish. even a few miles out.. luckily we were only in the thick of it for a short while. It was wild.. and a real relief to climb back into the Vercors which was comparatively empty of traffic.

Grenoble? dont bother unless you absolutely must.

Ash-69
Nova Slayer

PostPosted: 13:29 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you were right about the traffic around Grenoble, think everyone who lives within a 20 mile radius must have to commute into the city, as once you leave, the towns and villages are deserted.

No problems with the vignette visibility or not having one for the duration of our stop-over, but the bikes were parked up overnight in the secure apartment garage.

We managed 2200 miles over 9 days, Preston to Portsmouth, Portsmouth-Caen overnight Ferry, Caen to Montlucon via Le Mans in the pissing rain, Montlucon to Puy-en-le-Velay in snow, Puy to Grenoble in rain and sleet, based in Grenoble the sun finally materialised and we managed to do the spectacular Vercors/Royan loop with a quick stop at the resistance memorial, a jaunt up a snowy Alpe D'Huez including a spot of intentional off-roading for the Fazer, then returned home via stop-overs in Avallon and Caen before getting the early Ferry back to blighty for the final leg up the shite that is now the British motorway system

Only problem we encountered was the autoroute Peage system flatly refusing to accept soggy tickets, resulting in mucho fronglaise confusion with a Frenchie on the other side of a squawk box.

Much fun, should have done it sooner, may have a go at putting some photies up later for anyone interested Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 312 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Touring & Exploration All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1