TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 19:03 - 20 Jan 2018    Post subject: Taffy Dakar Reply with quote

Anyone signed up for this years event?

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 00:55 - 22 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

not me Crying or Very sad

There is a CRF250L only owners ride in Wales organised by TRF, but doubt I'll get to that either Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:06 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Re: Taffy Dakar Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:
Anyone signed up for this years event?

Absolutely YES.

A few of us have been going the last 4 or 5 years and I wouldn't miss it. As long as I can get my leg over the seat I will keep on going.

So what makes it such a special event? Is it the Welsh interpretation of the licencing laws? The lads over from Ireland for the Welsh Craich? Possibly, but I think it's the general camraderie of the event, the co-operative nature of the competitors. The challenging nature of the trails ( and sometimes the weather). Meeting up with people I haven't seen since last years event, it does it for me anyway.
The Penfro ditch Divers ride again, possibly into a ditch. Hang on mate you've got the map upside down................

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:15 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year my bro and I were sat at a crossroads deep in a forest somewhere, contemplating which way to go from there.

Riders began arriving from every direction, usually soaked having ridden through very deep water.

A big conversation starts...man did you see how deep that water was, lots of nodding...How come you guys are dry...didn't you go through the water.

What water.

Which way did you come.

That way.

We came through the water that way, how did you avoid it.

I've no idea, I haven't a clue where I've been or where I'm going.

It was a brilliant weekend Smile

I'm booked in again, am planning on using the DT once more, although that might be subject to change yet.

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 02:24 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:
Last year my bro and I were sat at a crossroads deep in a forest somewhere, contemplating which way to go from there.

Riders began arriving from every direction, usually soaked having ridden through very deep water.

A big conversation starts...man did you see how deep that water was, lots of nodding...How come you guys are dry...didn't you go through the water.

What water.

Which way did you come.

That way.

We came through the water that way, how did you avoid it.

I've no idea, I haven't a clue where I've been or where I'm going.

It was a brilliant weekend Smile

I'm booked in again, am planning on using the DT once more, although that might be subject to change yet.

Sounds like you were in the Brechfa forest.

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 10:46 - 27 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve, I may end up asking you for a little favour if that's possible.

In my haste I forgot to tick the 'Receive Updates' box on the entry form. I don't expect it will be a problem but if it becomes necessary, would it be possible for you to forward any updates you get onto me?

I expect once I've supplied individual names for their own logins they will get the updates anyway and it won't be a problem from that point.

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:31 - 28 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:

In my haste I forgot to tick the 'Receive Updates' box on the entry form. I don't expect it will be a problem but if it becomes necessary, would it be possible for you to forward any updates you get onto me?

I expect once I've supplied individual names for their own logins they will get the updates anyway and it won't be a problem from that point.

Yeah, of course I will, but knowing the organisers a lot of the messages will be rather tongue in cheek about the weather or other humourous aspects. Check out updates on FB too. Have you logged in and filled in all the bike details, team name and all that ?

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 01:30 - 29 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my login but haven't filled those bits in as I may change bikes yet...not that that matters really.

Once the other riders logins are sorted they will get the updates anyway. I'm not expecting it to be a problem but I'll give you a shout if I may.

thx1138
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 13:33 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a reminder for any lurkers..... the Taffy is only open to trail bikes. Ie drz,Crf250l,Ttr250,dr350 etc. No entry for enduro models.

and I've heard there are only about 40 tickets left
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Tdibs
Traffic Copper

PostPosted: 16:05 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been wanting to go to this with a mate for a while, just waiting until I have enough room to have a dual sport in the shed. Would love to see some pictures from the event Thumbs Up

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:19 - 31 Jan 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

C90s are also welcome as are big bikes, circa KTM 690s and GS1200s

I'll be on the DT (unless something changes in the meantime) and my bro will be on his DRZ

steve the grease
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 15:43 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

TbirdX wrote:

I've had a couple of emails off the taffy lot , do you want to pm me your email and I can forward you the messages.....

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 17:01 - 11 Mar 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Steve but I think I'm all good. At the 'logging in' for team members stage.

Everyone has a login and has put in their t-shirt and bike details. Good to go hopefully Smile

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 18:11 - 01 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

So just a few days to go. Bike fettled, Discovery & Caravan sorted, time to get the food and drink in, pack a few bits and jobs a good 'un.

Lets hope the weather holds....see you there Smile

TbirdX
Crazy Courier

PostPosted: 20:32 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top event this year with perfect, very unwelsh, weather.

The DT got me through another despite holing a rad hose and flattening the rad spigot completely flat in the very first lane!!!

Chopped the hose, wiggled a screwdriver up the rad outlet, tweaked and teased it to a round(ish) shape, hooked the now shortened hose back up, filled it up with bottled water and did the rest of the event and the sunday ride outs no problems at all Smile

I've just sold it too, I wonder if I'll regret that decision...ho hum.

What to get next....
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 301 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Offroad & Supermoto All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1