Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

CBF600 exhaust

Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat
View previous topic : View next topic  

WillC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:33 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: CBF600 exhaust Reply with quote

Hi guys n gals

I'm a rare one. I love the CBF 600.

Yeah I know most either don't or are indifferent but I love it. Here's my question though (and I'm as thick as a plank when things get technical so bear with me) the exhaust just sounds so... well... CBF I guess. Any recs for after sales upgrades would be most welcome. I just want something that sounds a little more like it gives a sh*t.

Oh and I'm no seasoned rider. Seasoned sure as in post 50, but been riding for about a year (previously CBR600 then this CBF). I'm a bit of a Mod but modern scoots are crap so had to learn how to lean Wink

Many thanks

Will

colin1
Captain Safety

PostPosted: 23:16 - 16 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a triumph tt600 which is a bit like a cbr600f.

The previous owner had drilled a small hole in the exhaust before the end can so that some unsilenced noise came out.

WillC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 06:21 - 17 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for taking the time to reply matey Thumbs Up

BLB_Rich
Borekit Bruiser

PostPosted: 13:44 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno how much you wanna mod your bike, but I used to have a CBF600 & the Beowulf slip on was a good little pipe.

Nice growl but nothing excessive.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website You must be logged in to rate posts

WillC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:22 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant. Just checked them out and that's all I need.

It's also because the one that's on it is dented a bit so a good excuse to swap out anyway.

Do you know if I need to get it remapped? It's a 2008 fuel injected and a chap at work said "be careful with that geezer. You'll probly aff to get it remapped" Then laughed and walked off whilst I was mentally throat punching him... then thinking "has he got a point?" Laughing Laughing Laughing

Don't worry if you don't know the answer to that matey but thanks for suggesting this. Sounds like the thing I'm after Thumbs Up

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 11:11 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a slip-on you wont need a remap..

listen to a few different brands of slip-on exhaust (for your bike) on youtube and decide what sound you like..

My Leo-Vince sounds awesome , and my bike has an IL4 like the CBF.

WillC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 18:48 - 23 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great help buddy. Was worried about the remap. I bumped into a pal today and showed him your answer. He smiled ear to ear and said "this guy knows what he's talking about and the other dude was just chatting crap to wind you up". That said, we both found it funny after. Noobs are easy targets I guess. You've been super. Thanks Ash

fatjames
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 09:10 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You won't need to remap.
But any changes to the airflow in or out will affect performance / economy and a remap will get the best out of the mod.
As you're only after a change in the sound, I wouldn't worry about it. If performance becomes a concern, you could look at getting a fuel management system (powercommander etc) and they come up on ebay for not loads of money and generic maps can often be ok.

WillC
L Plate Warrior

PostPosted: 07:01 - 27 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Thanks James.

Thanks to you all. Just joined this forum and it's been so helpful.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:43 - 27 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

AshWebster wrote:
for a slip-on you wont need a remap..

Whilst not needed, is likely to cause it to run a bit different to stock, so you'd hope it would get dyno'd but no one ever does.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

sickpup
Old Timer

PostPosted: 06:13 - 28 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

colin1 wrote:
I had a triumph tt600 which is a bit like a cbr600f.

The previous owner had drilled a small hole in the exhaust before the end can so that some unsilenced noise came out.

More than likely a drain hole for condensation, most bikes have them.

Still washing up in the bath?
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 306 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> General Bike Chat All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1