Resend my activation email : Register : Log in 
BCF: Bike Chat Forums

Todays - What grinds my gears *ARCHIVE*

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
View previous topic : View next topic  

AshWebster
Brolly Dolly

PostPosted: 16:59 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scoob wouldnt even turn over.

bump started and left it running for 30 mins then drove round block.

wouldnt start again not even trying to turn over. felt like immobiliser problem

ffs just as i was starting to save for a respray..

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 17:21 - 22 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lorry driver who has kindly scraped the side of my car then went on to accuse me of the smell of alcohol upon my breath.

Excuse me?????
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

He tried to say he would call the police, made me breathe on him, and again insisted I smelt of "the drink". Trying his fucking luck with that one, I didnt come down in the last shower and I definitely hadn't had a drink anytime soon before that.

This was on MONDAY night, and I'd had two small glasses of white wine on Friday night (and even that's pretty rare for me).

I think he was just trying to wiggle out of accepting the blame that he was the one driving with undue care and attention. Well, think again you crusty little Northern monkey.

I called his bluff, "Go on then mate, call the police, I am happy to wait around and take a breath test ... are you? Cos I know its been over three days since I had a (very small) drink." (its not worth the hassle, its my job*, just like its his job)

Strangely, the grizzled gravy guzzler shut his fucking northern pie-hole and decided not to call the police after all. Fucking wanker.

panrider_uk
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 10:27 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting emails from my CCTV system showing the birds feasting on my newly sown grass seed and being able to do nowt about it but watch.

Rogerborg
nimbA

PostPosted: 11:14 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:
Pull away fine to get up onto the next piece of road when a car comes past, at speed, on the wrong side of the road: serious fault.

Towards you, or going pas- you know what, this needs a Paint diagram so that we can really put the boot in.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 12:09 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:
NJD wrote:
Pull away fine to get up onto the next piece of road when a car comes past, at speed, on the wrong side of the road: serious fault.

Towards you, or going pas- you know what, this needs a Paint diagram so that we can really put the boot in.

Indeed, but it also shows that you should speed up. If you KNOW you are going to slow, I'd fail you too. Speed everywhere. GSXRLYF
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 21:30 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rogerborg wrote:

Paddy. wrote:
Indeed, but it also shows that you should speed up. If you KNOW you are going to slow, I'd fail you too. Speed everywhere. GSXRLYF

Along here looks probable, but is a guess. I can't find (or remember) the exact spot even though I've mapped the entire route, sorry.

Overtake occurred in a spot that I wouldn't have expected anyone to overtake. The first I knew of it was when the car was alongside me. My argument is that any rational person, if I was going slowly, would have stopped behind me rather than take to the wrong side of the road.

Doing 60 in a 70 probably didn't please him either, oops.

Either way, though, I was on a training school bike (650 Gladius) and took the steady ride option because I'd spent all day long speeding around while doing my one day of training; I can't win.

Four faults overall, including the serious. Means sod all in the grand scheme of things beside more money to pay but I'll get it in the end.

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:22 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does sounds odd, an L plater being blamed for a rage overtake. Maybe the instructor feels he needs to prepare bikers for always being in the wrong Wink

NJD
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:57 - 24 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
It does sounds odd, an L plater being blamed for a rage overtake. Maybe the instructor feels he needs to prepare bikers for always being in the wrong Wink

Even the instructor -- of whom had owned a training school in the past -- admitted that he'd considered an appeal when he stood listening to the examiners reasoning for a fail and said something like "to say I'm ___ is an understatement (forgot ze blank)." Also went back to talk to permanent examiner, of whom was working the afternoon, but I didn't get a call so lord knows what the outcome was (had someone else doing Mod 1 in the afternoon; not a trip just for me).

Examiner was some guy filling in from far-away-land. Got arsey when I pulled up at one drop kerb before the one he wanted and told me to move forward and then caused to me to weave, with checks, in and out of a lane after I went to go straight ahead (because I'd misheard him) instead of left at a roundabout on the solo ride.

I'm no longer bitter, just annoyed that waiting times are so long.

P.
Red Rocket

PostPosted: 11:55 - 25 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJD wrote:

Nah, fair cop, but thats at least a 90mph road.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail You must be logged in to rate posts

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 15:01 - 26 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

People who expect me to sponsor them in the name of a charity to climb Kilimanjaro/trek down the Grand Canyon/do a skydive.

If you want to do "the challenge of a lifetime" then pay for it for your bloody self like everyone else.

andyscooter
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:03 - 26 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrs wants to stay in

gin festival on at my local also a big three day band thing on at local club so pub full of dodgy unwashed rockers

Freddyfruitba...
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:30 - 26 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you start decorating with a brand new can of Dulux from B&Q, only to find it seems really runny and just not covering properly, and realisation dawns that the reason there was a splodge of dry paint already on the can is that some fucker has already used it and returned it to B&Q having topped it up with water Evil or Very Mad

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 16:50 - 26 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freddyfruitbat wrote:
When you start decorating with a brand new can of Dulux from B&Q, only to find it seems really runny and just not covering properly, and realisation dawns that the reason there was a splodge of dry paint already on the can is that some fucker has already used it and returned it to B&Q having topped it up with water Evil or Very Mad

How cheap do you have to be to do that Confused

recman
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 16:59 - 26 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

M.C wrote:
How cheap do you have to be to do that Confused

Daughter #2 used to work at B&Q.
The stuff people* used to try to get away with was quite insulting.

*Asian, Eastern European etc.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:14 - 27 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it’s turning out to be a pants bank holiday weekend for old Pepperami Sad
I couldn’t go anywhere yesterday as I had to work a longggg shift last night 6pm-to-7am.
I wake up and the sun is shining, but I can’t go out as I am working again tonight Mad
Another long shift 7-till-7 Evil or Very Mad

I know the money comes in handy, but why does the sun always shine when I can’t take advantage of it??

I’ll bet you a pound to a pinch of poo that Bank Holiday Monday afternoon when I finally get some time off, it will rain Laughing

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 18:58 - 27 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
I’ll bet you a pound to a pinch of poo that Bank Holiday Monday afternoon when I finally get some time off, it will rain Laughing

It's torrential in N.Wales, and the same for tomorrow. So yeah, it may well be raining.

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 19:41 - 27 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThatDippyTwat wrote:

It's torrential in N.Wales, and the same for tomorrow. So yeah, it may well be raining.

Watched the storms in the distance last night Shocked
Saw the local flooding in Wales on the news today.
Summertime in Wales Laughing Laughing

It’s raining Wales cos Pepperami might get his bike out and come touring Laughing

ThatDippyTwat
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 07:17 - 28 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

My particular area (NE Wales) looks pretty decent today - front has moved away from where they though, we didn't get any torrential that was predicted after the first few loads of it.

So I'm off out on the bike. Twisted Evil

hellkat
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 10:04 - 28 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having one of my "Chirpy Bird has run out of chirp" days.

hellkat
needs moar sleep
https://media.giphy.com/media/yncEMbJ0Ad6uc/giphy.gif

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 20:55 - 28 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we’re onthe subject of cats (we’re not really) my cat just got a flea in his ear and sent out of the house at 90mph with me in pursuit after he dug his fecking claws in me for no reason Evil or Very Mad .
He’s not coming back in the house tonight and that’s for sure Evil or Very Mad .

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 22:23 - 28 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

pepperami wrote:
As we’re onthe subject of cats (we’re not really) my cat just got a flea in his ear and sent out of the house at 90mph with me in pursuit after he dug his fecking claws in me for no reason Evil or Very Mad .
He’s not coming back in the house tonight and that’s for sure Evil or Very Mad .

https://www.bing.com/th?id=OIP.ww_CEUTuph0kuSyCelQKwAHaIM&w=180&h=191&c=7&o=5&pid=1.7

pepperami
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 23:22 - 28 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

You’re not far wrong Mr Polar Laughing

waffles
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 12:40 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cancelled an auto-renewing monthly membership a couple of weeks ago and had an email today to say that they are going to debit my account with another months worth. Apparently I had to cancel at the very start of the month to not get charged again. I think I will just cancel it from my end and save the £18.

Also sitting around waiting for an important phonecall and all I'm getting are scam ones tying up the line. Nope, don't have PPI claims or a timeshare. GO AWAY.

Planned rideout this evening has been cancelled due to the weather. To be fair I have ridden through thunderstorms before and it was disconcerting at best!

M.C
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 15:56 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles wrote:
Planned rideout this evening has been cancelled due to the weather.

https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/15/13/82/47/rainma10.jpg

Courier265
World Chat Champion

PostPosted: 22:43 - 29 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to work today, weather forecast was totally 100 percent BULLSHIT, I got soaked....even worse I got my Suzuki dirty.... Brick Wall
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 295 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Dear Auntie BCF... All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 367, 368, 369 ... 696, 697, 698  Next
Page 368 of 698