Reply to topic
Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic : View next topic  

Polarbear
Super Spammer

PostPosted: 14:11 - 31 May 2018    Post subject: Reply with quote

grr666 wrote:
davep wrote:
Speed limits are in place for a reason. Safety for all road users. For example i have lived on a main road just off the A1 motorway for over 30 years. It used to be a 60mph Trunk road with no street lighting. A hamlet of 64 properties. The majority of incidents involve traffic comming from the motorway junction.In the first ten years living here 14 people were killed and several injured. In each case the vehicles were comming from the motorway. The road was de-trunked and a 30 mph limit imposed. That had the effect of lowering the fatalities but each out of the twelve properties to the left of me and including myself had rear end shunts as we waited for gaps in traffic to turn right into our drives. Again traffic flow was from the motorway. But significantly no fatalities. Now we have an illuminated speed sign which does not show speed over 33 mph. If vehicles are travelling at 40mph they pass the sign before it says SLOW DOWN. Full street lighting and now only 50 meters from the motorway a set of traffic lights..So frustrated drivers who have waited at the traffic lights ignor the 30mph and charge on thro at an average speed of 48 mph. We still have rear end shunts along the road. As for residents. we have no safe place to cross the road. The average age here is over 70, i am a youngster at 67. Residents with dissabiity scooters have no safe place to cross the road. If we do not respect the limits then motorists will be hit hard. Simple solution in Ireland and Prtugal is that you gor too fast into a limited area you pass a sencor which puts up a red light further down the road. You have to stop. Instant justice, no fine, no points and traffic flows free.
A bit long windeded for my first offereing.

Have you tried a nice slice of apple pie? It might cheer you up a bit.

With a large coating of paragraphitis. Thumbs Up
Old Thread Alert!

The last post was made 5 years, 302 days ago. Instead of replying here, would creating a new thread be more useful?
This page may contain affiliate links, which means we may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. By clicking on an affiliate link, you accept that third-party cookies will be set.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Bike Chat Forums Index -> Biking News & Rumours All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2